SOTD : Saturday 1st September - Friday 7th September 2018.

lHwD9FS.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (3-2)
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Saturday 1st September PM

f4c0a367ee0fab08b5f176d61f671855.jpg

Prep: Hot shower followed with Bulldog Original Face Wash then Proraso Pre Shave cream Eucalyptus and Menthol
Cream: The Executive Shaving Company Natural Shaving Cream
Brush: Executive Shaving Medium Jock synthetic
Razor:Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber followed by Superdrug Forest Fresh aftershave then @BartsBalm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine.

I'm slowly adding to my den. I'm not spending too much, just adding bits and pieces as a go along. Today I got some Superdrug Forest Fresh aftershave with SWMBO throwing in some Bulldog Original face wash and Bulldog Moisturiser. Gotta love her!

I had a chilled shave after a shower this evening and used a couple of my new additions. The Bulldog face wash was good as was the Superdrug aftershave. The latter gave a great burn [emoji91] and really had my face feeling fresh. The Barts Balm that followed topped it off perfectly.

Overall a good 3 pass shave with a nice fresh BBS finish.

I'm now looking to buy another soap/cream and am scouring the forum for recommendations. I should get a well recommended addition for £20. Watch this space as I climb up to the 10 metre board preparing for a dive down the rabbit hole!

Have a great night folks! Take care. [emoji482]

Saturday 1st September PM

f4c0a367ee0fab08b5f176d61f671855.jpg

Prep: Hot shower followed with Bulldog Original Face Wash then Proraso Pre Shave cream Eucalyptus and Menthol
Cream: The Executive Shaving Company Natural Shaving Cream
Brush: Executive Shaving Medium Jock synthetic
Razor:Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber followed by Superdrug Forest Fresh aftershave then @BartsBalm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine.

I'm slowly adding to my den. I'm not spending too much, just adding bits and pieces as a go along. Today I got some Superdrug Forest Fresh aftershave with SWMBO throwing in some Bulldog Original face wash and Bulldog Moisturiser. Gotta love her!

I had a chilled shave after a shower this evening and used a couple of my new additions. The Bulldog face wash was good as was the Superdrug aftershave. The latter gave a great burn [emoji91] and really had my face feeling fresh. The Barts Balm that followed topped it off perfectly.

Overall a good 3 pass shave with a nice fresh BBS finish.

I'm now looking to buy another soap/cream and am scouring the forum for recommendations. I should get a well recommended addition for £20. Watch this space as I climb up to the 10 metre board preparing for a dive down the rabbit hole!

Have a great night folks! Take care. [emoji482]

Hi Gordon,
Another great post.

You should start a thread on the soap section asking for recommendations. It would be useful for everyone as well as yourself. List a few scent notes which appeal to you and go from there.

SOTD 01 September 2018 :)

Pre-shave: Warm shower face wash Wright's Cold Tar Soap, Proraso Pre-shave cream (white) and cold water splash.
Cream: Murdoch Shave Cream.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery.
Razor: Fatip Piccolo.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 1).

Great shave; 3 pass -WTG, XTG and ATG - BBS finish.

I am enjoying the FaTip Piccolo, very efficient and smooth - I think today was the first time I had used a Gillette Silver Blue with the Piccolo; a devine shave. The Myrsol Plastic finished off the shave nicely.

I apprectaie that YMMV: I find that there is definetly a sweet spot with the PIccolo, angle and no pressure.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
Sat 1st Sept- previously posted in wrong week

Stirling Syn 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
ATT SE-G, modified base plate
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Tuff Greem A/S Lotion

A lovely autumnal Shave today with the modded SE-G ,shame it did not com this way from the Vendor. Just pleased to have the loan of the base plate
modded by Paul @Blademonkey , which makes the Razor work.
Really getting used to the Razor, and assisted by the excellent soap probably had my best ever Shave with it. Certainly this report submitted on Sunday morning is telling me so , a very reduced amount of stubble today.

IMG_0225.jpg

SOTD : 2nd September 2018.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Mint Extracts Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Chinese Cologne Soap.

Blade: Perma-Sharp Super. (2)

Razor: Lord ~ L125 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./Boots~ Moisturising cream.

Duru ~ Mandalina Cologne.

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday shave with no errors to report

The Lord L125/ Perma-Sharp Super comb worked together wonderfully, in the past i'll be honest i haven't gave these blades much attention, they are wonderfully smooth and efficient.

The chinese cologne soap provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave, and excellent post shave feeling.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of duru ~ Mandalina cologne.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom