SOTD: Saturday 2 March - Friday 8 March 2024.

Haven't used this specific blade for a few weeks and cutting ability seems to have dropped off a lot for its second shave. I don't know if the bathroom environment reduces its effectiveness over time (humidity?) or it's suffering the same problems as other Chinese blades, which I find to be sharp and smooth but only good for two shaves.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Arko with aftershave lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Champion

c4iSeyJ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Fougère Gothique
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2); Gillette Silver Blue (1); Astra SP (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister and Mann Fougère Angelique Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Barrister and Mann Fougère Gothique EdP

Second outing with my nemesis, The Gillette Silver Blue blade. Loaded into my smoothest razor, the Blutt BR-1. Two or three stokes was enough to bin the blade. Loaded up another fresh Silver Blue blade on the off-chance that the first blade was a dud. No dice; same deal - rough and tuggy. The GSB is confirmed as a no-go zone for me.
Resisted the temptation to revert to a tried and tested blade, and loaded up an Astra SP; a blade that I somehow had not yet tried in my wet shaving experience. Wow. So smooth that you could barely detect that a blade was present. Cut cleanly, and a very comfortable shave indeed. I do prefer a slightly sharper blade, but on the experience of this shave, it would seem to be a good candidate for daily shaving for me, if this was in fact my routine.
As for the scent combination, as B&M say, themselves quoting Shakespeare (The Tempest) - "Hell is empty and all the Devils are here". An incredible fragrance.

Saturday 2nd March

AP1GczMX_KP_X7mEykNWiYmZVYrC1VBxSkht6r-Tw6cPEIIT5JHv0a9HnXPpWgFQp_c-krbowStIUpFLq8ruUcEgQsIg8y2NegcRe7bYChc-uTJcUL08laa4jfVaMA6lIE9n6hpDprwIkJeDUDn_rLi9xRfD9A=w800

Bath House Orange Flower Shaving Soap & PAA Doppler Perihelion Synthetic 26mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Treet Platinum (3)
Denim Gold Aftershave

Fun using the Bath House soap again ... fun, too, trying Denim Gold for the first time with much thank to @donnie_arko for the gift. I have to say, I was expecting a sweeter, perhaps more balsamic concoction, but in fact it was more herbal. Subtle, too ... kinda like Denim but for the next generation? Really enjoyable!

2024-03-02-20-36-02-623~3.jpg
I thought I wasn't getting on with nacets, the last blade gave me irritation, especially on the fourth shave. the second shave on this second blade was a bit raw, but then the fourth head shave yesterday was pretty nice.

no head shave today but a beard lines clean-up makes it a fifth shave on the same blade and it was very smooth, especially on my neck. I'm surprised but pleased and will keep trying the rest of this tuck.

I've heard of needing to get the first shave out of the way then the coating wears off and the blade mellows out and gets smoother. this seems different but could have been a bad blade last time. or of course it could be me.

back to a silver star tomorrow though. I look forward to seeing how it does with two days of growth in an R41.

SOTD: 3rd March 2024.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade:Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack.(D2)
Razor: Parker 22R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Since I started out I now have a total of (12 Parker DE razors)+ Parker InjRzr in my razor collection two of which the (92R,98R,) were kindly past on to me by workmates.

Both the TTO & 3 piece Parker DE razors all are "bottom heavy" with the weight of the hefty brass handles with the exception of some 98R,99R, which I consider to be "super heavy weight" and only need the lightest of touch to perform with efficiency.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
3 March

Sterling Campania
Blackland Blackbird
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

3F28FC4F-8020-4056-BB74-CF6ACA23FB36.jpeg
A super close Sunday shave, but the razor, uncharacteristically, tugged a little bit today. I don’t remember when I last changed the blade, so I have changed it now. The lather was wonderful, by the way.

03/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - P&B Star Noir
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - @Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 10  (2).jpg
A lovely bit of Sunday morning sink time.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 03/03/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (SE), 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine Sunday!

Last edited:
Razor- G&F Timor
Blade- Brand new Personna
Brush- Simpson Captain synthetic
Soap- Cella

It was a bloody joy to use the elegant Timor again. New blade… I’ve decided life’s too short to wring more than three shaves out of a blade.
Curious shave… the troublesome neck area swizzed through, clean as a whistle. But I had to extensively touch up my cheeks (left and right upper… oo-er)… so much that it amounted to a fourth pass in the cheekal area.

But I ended up with a very smooth shave, totally free of nicks, weepers and irritation.

Going to Lanzarote for a fortnight next week, so it’ll be cartridge razor, travel brush and Arko stick… quick and easy so I can get down to the bar.

IMG_0110.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom