SOTD: Saturday 20 April - Friday 26 April 2024.

Saturday 20th April

AP1GczMAui1bHWI2DXyBla5h-dlg1uNdJJ92xxe2DxvFfZIOgT8dVNLcNOyvM25MPUlLXSOf2EMRpdcNf4BxaNZrS23rnDBGPAejcZTFx97IgrqlLylegcfmAeuEWOkCx8MI2-77kqvVs9a05nJgBlcWS9jXIQ=w800

Meissner Tremonia Bay & Rum Shaving Soap & Shave Factory Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog Handle & Zaza Super Stainless (3)
DR Harris Bay Rum Aftershave

Continuing my run with the Zaza Super Stainless and Elios Inox tonight the Zaza in the Gillette Hybrid Tech and tomorrow the Elios in the Ranger Tech. Smashing shave! Absolutely smashing! I like the Zaza Super Stainless (more so than its Platinum counterpart) but doubt I'll get any in as to my face it's very much like the Vidyut/SuperMax Super Stainless which I have a VERY good stash of.

But gosh! DR Harris splashes are superb! I have the Pink and the Sandalwood, and recently bought this Bay Rum. It's lovely!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend, folks! I've played out for most of the day, pottering ... but also cutting down many large sections of hardboard (6' by 4' sections) into 4' by 1' which I've got a plan for in the garden. They've been stacked and just generally getting in the way and looking unsightly, so that clears the way for some Featheredge fun tomorrow where I'll be screening off a section around a patio for a more secluded sitting area.

Last edited:
  • 3one6
  • Bluebeards Revenge (3)
  • TOBS Eton College
  • Vulfix 404
  • Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Things I have learnt recently - TOBS is bloody good cream. I have previously been dismissive of it. Believing it to dry out on the chops too quickly. However, bought a stash of samples from Connaughts, and found it to be a top performer in each iteration that I have tried.

Bluebeard's revenge blade - really good. Read somewhere it is a rebranded Personna. If true, I can believe it. Personna being one of my favorite blades. Been really good shaves this last week. Happy weekend all.

View attachment 119581
SOTD 20 April 2024

Razor - Schick ll Ultrex twin blade disposable jobby, cheers Mike.
Soap - Valbora stick
Brush - Omega boar
Frag - Feuilles de Tabac - Miller Harris

Away cat sitting for a friend so using my away from home kit and very good it was too!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Paul.

How wonderful to see you posting again P

Bluebeard's revenge blade - really good. Read somewhere it is a rebranded Personna. If true, I can believe it. Personna being one of my favorite blades. Been really good shaves this last week. Happy weekend all.

It's the Personna Tomy. I'm not sure which version you have but it could either be the Israeli version which is later been shifted to Germany.

If you want to the same blade for a good price, you can get it as Amazon own brand 100 pack for about £6. Which you can find here.

A new shaving week and the first entry from the abode of Satanfriendly. This one comes complete with the theme, 'This time for real'. Themed such; so as to counteract last night's nonexistent lame effort.

20240420_182235.jpg

A real razor - Ikon B1
Sharp reality - Wizamet Super Iridium
Not a toothbrush - Highlander 30mm Cashmere
Bertrand the soap - MDC Agrume
Oh my skin is so soft mummy - Pure
Smell my Y-fronts - Eau Sauvage

'We're happy because Satan is back'

I have decided that today I shall put my arse in to gear and deliver an SOTD several days early by my standards. But worth every bit of throwing a report together.

Over in Yorkshire and so good to have an Ikon to hand. Blade of indeterminate number of uses so slap a new (and the last one at this end :() Wizzamet in between the plates and heaven awaits (except not in my case). And waits, and waits, and waits......

Waiting over once the MDC has done its trick and heaven arrives (A big Boooooooo to that one). For some reason the Agrume always leaves a little patchy redness on my skin. It soon goes, but it does only happen with the Agrume and the other MDC's, fine. Patchy bits over and done with and the end results after a splash of Witch Hazel and a massage of moisturiser, heavenly. Three days of facial shite done and dusted.

Feeling wonderfully smooth, smelling divine and time to go down the pub to meet that several eyed lady I mentioned last night.

Odd that when one wears jeans with turn-ups, braces and Doc Martens someone inevitably asks, 'Are you a skin head?''. I check 'does she have several eyes?'. 'Negative', 'no I'm not'. Not the the woman I'm looking for.

Return home to talk to the pillow, it's less inevitable. 'Chris. Are you a skin head?'.
'My God! A talking pillow'

Still, a superlative shave with happy sleep inducing qualities. Have a good one folk. Time for bed said Zebedee

But not before you've had a Japanese lady. MO8, a band described as a part time woman with a guitarist of indeterminate sex and a Buddhist monk as a drummer. Sounds good to me.

And this time for real, I love you all

SOTD Sat 20 Apr 2024

Saturday’s got talent, shave
C15591B4-7A89-4974-8988-A7466841772D.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Gillette 7o’clock SharpEdge (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT

Oh no it hasn’t, talent that is, or reliable weather. Definitely had a shave though. Great it was. This blade is still going strong in the wonderful Muhle, the Body Shop cream is now a firm favourite with a good synth brush. And all the lotions and potions did their usual magic to complete an excellent feeling and smelling shave.

C448F240-F785-4C47-AE99-174762BB3EE0.jpeg
We could go on that talent thingy you know!
And what could we do, exactly?
Don’t know, maybe I could demonstrate all the sleeping positions I know!
I’m not sure that’s actually a talent!
Oh!

SOTD: 21st April 2024.

38.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: La Toja shave stick.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./La Toja ASL. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A wonderful razor & blade duo, the Wilkinson Sword premium benefited from the Dorco Prime Platinum making a smooth efficient duo.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom