SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

Congrats! How many years?
Only 4...and there is a story to tell and a lesson to learn.
Met 14 years ago. Moved to wales 13 years ago. Marriage was not on the cards. We had both been married and had the tee shirt....though I think I lost that during my divorce. We both just wanted someone to grow old with. Almost 5 years ago I was 60 and we went away for the weekend. I remember I was single when I got into the hot tub and I don't remember popping the question but apparently I was engaged when I got out. She had me bagged and tagged by the following August. STAY AWAY FROM HOT TUBS!!!!

Only 4...and there is a story to tell and a lesson to learn.
Met 14 years ago. Moved to wales 13 years ago. Marriage was not on the cards. We had both been married and had the tee shirt....though I think I lost that during my divorce. We both just wanted someone to grow old with. Almost 5 years ago I was 60 and we went away for the weekend. I remember I was single when I got into the hot tub and I don't remember popping the question but apparently I was engaged when I got out. She had me bagged and tagged by the following August. STAY AWAY FROM HOT TUBS!!!!
I don't know about that. The hot tub sounds pretty romantic to me. Have a great anniversary, both of you.

Saturday 20th August

AL9nZEVjyK50N3t3fd2--mPP9U1_nFuS1boIIKBoqeTme0tk369J6qCxPfE8dbhObUGtNXIKVJ8lojr9qB8yJ1EqzsClpgiVXx8NuFfX4FBdEt67joOl3hBy1tNjY3wTOpGwCjT05AwYtYyVjcJwjzJYtbbsUw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & Permasharp (Vintage) Super Stainless
Coty Musk Aftershave

Cor! That was a super shave ...

Finally, I get to try the legendary British Made Permasharp Super Stainless, a now vintage blade that was made in Scotland much thanks to a pack (or two) sent to me by @Mike Smart < Cheers, mate!

Sharp! Right up my street this blade - I like stainless without a lot of faff and this blade is just that. I made two passes because I was enjoying it so much and really enjoying using my Gillette Hybrid Tech. What a lovely razor when popped onto a heavier handle.

The shave itself put me immediately in mind of the now German Wilkinson Sword, but after a few more strokes it struck me that it was significantly sharper and I settled not on the Gillette Permasharp Super but on the Silver Star Super Stainless from Lord as the closest match amongst modern blades.

Again, smashing shave, that! Very much looking forward to tomorrow ...

Saturday 20th August

AL9nZEVjyK50N3t3fd2--mPP9U1_nFuS1boIIKBoqeTme0tk369J6qCxPfE8dbhObUGtNXIKVJ8lojr9qB8yJ1EqzsClpgiVXx8NuFfX4FBdEt67joOl3hBy1tNjY3wTOpGwCjT05AwYtYyVjcJwjzJYtbbsUw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & Permasharp (Vintage) Super Stainless
Coty Musk Aftershave

Cor! That was a super shave ...

Finally, I get to try the legendary British Made Permasharp Super Stainless, a now vintage blade that was made in Scotland much thanks to a pack (or two) sent to me by @Mike Smart < Cheers, mate!

Sharp! Right up my street this blade - I like stainless without a lot of faff and this blade is just that. I made two passes because I was enjoying it so much and really enjoying using my Gillette Hybrid Tech. What a lovely razor when popped onto a heavier handle.

The shave itself put me immediately in mind of the now German Wilkinson Sword, but after a few more strokes it struck me that it was significantly sharper and I settled not on the Gillette Permasharp Super but on the Silver Star Super Stainless from Lord as the closest match amongst modern blades.

Again, smashing shave, that! Very much looking forward to tomorrow ...
Your Most Welcome
i’m just glad you like them

Saturday 20th August

Semogue 2020 Finest - Cyril R Salter Lavender (Tallow) - GEM Junior (WWII US Army)/GEM SS - Agua Lavanda Puig

This little razor is giving me shaves which are much more efficient than I remember. Caution is required!
3 passes for a really close result .

I hope the weather picks up. It was my wedding anniversary during the week so Mrs C and I are going out for Afternoon Tea later.
Congratulations hope you & the wife had a great day.
just as well your not in Scotland the weather isn’t the best

Saturday 20th August

Semogue 2020 Finest - Cyril R Salter Lavender (Tallow) - GEM Junior (WWII US Army)/GEM SS - Agua Lavanda Puig

This little razor is giving me shaves which are much more efficient than I remember. Caution is required!
3 passes for a really close result .

I hope the weather picks up. It was my wedding anniversary during the week so Mrs C and I are going out for Afternoon Tea later.
Congratulations on the anniversary

A51C7E57-ECE5-4ADD-9CB9-03FFA1E429D0.jpeg
SOTD: 20/08/2022

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut Brass
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Acqua De Genova Wellbeing Soap Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another smooth and effortless affair with The Final Cut. The extra weight really aides what was already an easy shave! The lather took a little longer to get going, as it does with this soap but it was light and lovely with a little extra time and attention. One last play with it before going off in the caravan for the week.
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Back
Top Bottom