SOTD: Saturday 22 - Friday 28 October 2022

RR GC.68 on Custom Stainless | Silver Star | Hand-carved Ash with Boar | Mitchell’s Wool Fat
| Proraso Red AS

View attachment 95306

Lovely shave but upon shaking my venerable old brush to get rid of the remaining water droplets, the poor beastie shed her knot. Hmph! Still, she’s almost 10 years old and the first brush I ever made. Perhaps I never used enough epoxy? Perhaps I’m too vigorous shaking her dry? Now what to do: stick this original, soft but worn Omega knot back in or use the opportunity to give her a new hairdo? Badger, Synth, Boar or horse? Crikey, anything for a quiet, simple life….
decisions decision! It’s a pity that nobody has come up with a brush that allows you to change out the knot to whatever takes your fancy on the day in the way that we can choose blades for our razors. :unsure:

Monday AM 2022-10-24
World Tripe Day
jvbhb4O.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Titan Fine
Iridium Super (4)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm
M46mMic.jpg

decisions decision! It’s a pity that nobody has come up with a brush that allows you to change out the knot to whatever takes your fancy on the day in the way that we can choose blades for our razors. :unsure:
Actually they do exist. Some Mühle knots are interchangeable as are some of the brushes from Boti.

Alpha also make a version of the Outlaw with interchangeable ferrules that you can install your own knots in.

Actually they do exist. Some Mühle knots are interchangeable as are some of the brushes from Boti.

Alpha also make a version of the Outlaw with interchangeable ferrules that you can install your own knots in.
Wow, that is really cool Chris, I wasn’t aware as I’ve not seen this type advertised. Good to know thanks.

Monday 24th October

AL9nZEU7Q9NvOLvMjuL04AQSAygBQ0tqjxLWrUCQBXYoB6banJ_RtQP7PUWVQbwRQYfgqr58SYwxeYaZ1jKrbabw-uLvM_gkO_wm3M4ns5v-JAg0Vt0HDiCRxsnBeJgYbKUKG1O7lqjl_Uo7or03HGZyI4BPbQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage 1980s?) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600 Lucite w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Treet Flip-Top & GEM by Personna (1)
Pinaud VIBR

What the heck? Lathering up, the lather kinda smudged around my face before foaming up and dissipating into a thin film. Relathering, a little thicker but still doing the same thing. What? Then I recalled that the last time I used this brush was to test-lather Trumpers Eucris hard soap. Seriously! Seriously, that soap has such amazing anti-lather properties that even a residue lingering in the brush can kill the next lather. At least the old formula just didn't lather; this one spreads anti-lather like the shadow of death! How can a shaving company get a shaving soap so incredibly wrong?

Dunked in boiling water and combed through, I re-loaded on the soap and lathered up exactly as I expected. Well, Trumpers can't make a hard soap for toffee, but Culmak could (and still do). Fit for purpose. Enjoyable lather.

Enjoyable, too, to bring out the Treet Flip-Top. I hesitate to say 1912 because it's not ... the baseplate and comb are reminiscent of the Clog-Pruf, but without the overly complex TTO mechanism. Bit of a patent reviver, perhaps? Ultimately, they settled on the Natural Angle/Heavy Flat Top head which went through that model, the Featherweight, the Flying Wing (with TTO), Pushbutton (with the erm, pushbutton?) and finally the Contour, first with the pushbutton mechanism (yuk) and then (for two designs) the flip-top head akin to the original Natural Angle.

I'll be shaving with a short run of those razors for the remainder of the week.

Razor = Muhle Rocca
Blade = Personna Lab Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons T3 Liquid Gold
Soap = Declaration Grooming Darkfall with matching splash
Balm = L’oréal Hydra Energetic
65BA41B0-4A4D-4364-ACDE-E009AA240939.jpegWell i haven’t used this soap for 12 months.
A year this month my wife bought it and only used it once.
I wasn’t to keen to be honest it’s the smokiest scent iv ever had.
Like Sitting with a baked potato on the bonfire lol
it really is.
However today was a bit better,
The scent was a
exactly as i remembered it but i seemed to like it a bit more than i did last year
still probably not enough to justify keeping it.
The Brush was an Emporium buy and a good one at that, & chris @Boycie83 has a knack of getting rid of stuff when i’m online lol.
The backbone on these T3’s are superb & for the money i’d argue there’s not much better.
Thank You Chris for another wonderful brush.
Enjoy the rest of your week lads & as always Take Care & Stay Safe

20221024_204308.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Edwin Jagger pre shave lotion.
Brush Yaqi Lucky Dice.
Soap Gentlemens Face Care Club Peppermint shaving cream.
Razors Leaf and Hawk V3 OC
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.
Blades Derby Extra and Feather Super Pro
Aftershave Diesel

Nice hot shower to prep my face and then some Edwin Jagger to make things shave ready.
Today I tried the much acclaimed and enabled GFCC Peppermint shave cream and for the price it is an excellent cream.
I had a nice 2 pass BBS shave with now shadowing left on my face.
cold water rinse and again the Leaf did it's usual excellent job of making my head smooth and shiny .
a bath in my Diesel aftershave and now the wife is all happy again.
Have a great night everyone.

Your mission should you wish to choose it, is to remove nearly three days growth as quickly and as comfortably as possible. You have ten minutes in which to complete your mission before the missus clouts you with her handbag. The one she uses as a hod for bricklaying.

This shave has the the themed mission, 'Bristle improbable'

20221024_151454.jpg

1 - Stainless Mongoose
2 - Feather Super Professional
3 - Hive-2
4 - Signature Soaps Londinium
5 - The Bath House Spanish fig EDC

'Yes, it is a phone in a shoe and yes, it is a fucking toilet'

Under duress from Mrs Satanfriendly as to how much shower room time I was being allowed, a rapid shave was the task in hand. Either that or lose my testicles. I did momentarily consider life as a castrato.

Expediency. A fast hassle free razor? The Mongoose. An efficient brush? The Hive-2. And finally a slick, quick magnificent soap? Brian's best from Bolton.

10 minutes? Easily achieved and superbly shaved to purrfection (It's a cat thing) without any compromise to the mission in hand. These Mongoose thingies really are the most wonderful thingies in the world of shaving thingies. A one razor world? Possibly.

Have a great week you lovely folk of the forum. And as a special treat I present you with those deliciously delectable TsuShiMaMiRe girls.

This SOTD will self-destruct in 5 seconds

Oooops. Wrong button

SOTD: 25th October 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidable. (D3)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Cien X-Bolt ASL. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together superbly.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom