Rock Face Facial Scrub
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Cream
Body Shop Synthetic
The Raptor Shavette
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1)
Cold Towel
Nivea Cream

AdobePhotoshopExpress_7941d40b90c84490923796aa849dada3.jpg

Today was my first shave with the new shavette. I loaded it with a 7 o'clock Yellow, and prepared in my now standard way (hot towels and face scrub). I made a slightly wetter lather with the 1805 cream and coated my face in the wonderfully scented lather. The razor feels slightly different to use than my other shavette (seems like a bit more weight to the scales), but ultimately gave me a good shave (by my shavette based standards). The lather performed wonderfully, the aroma wafting gently around mid shave, the slick compact lather protecting nicely. My shavette technique is found somewhat wanting however, so the shave is by no means BBS, but a good shave none the less. Couple of weepers and a single bite from the blade due to my poor technique are all the problems I had.

Result? 3.5/5 today. The cream is divine as usual, my technique is the downside. I think I'll go 7 days with the shavette this week, quite possibly with the 1805 also. It will be a wonderfully scented week!

Sat 22nd August
Omega 11137
Lea Classic Soap
Gem 1912 Damaskeene
Gem S/S [ 3 ] + 1/2 spine shim
Alum Rub
Myrsol Antesol A/S
This razor is so easy to use, and with the shim on the blade provide a really superb shave on every plane
that needs shaving , even the neck.

P1190001.jpg

Kent soap with some remnants of Trumper almond on top of the puck
Omega 49
Aluminium ball end tech, Feather
Skin Bracer

The Trumper improved massively when the last of the puck was lathered on top of some Kent. Funny that!

Feather injector
Plisson synthetic
Catie's Orange Fouet L'Orange
Pitralon Swiss ASL

Seeing the upteenth property in our house search (first time buyers). Starting to feel like sacking it off for a while - it feels like the bubble's starting to strain in Reading.

The Daily Rasp....

Merkur 34HD, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Beechwood 24mm 2-band Finest
Ingram QLS
Benjamin's Bay Rum
Hemp Oil
Woods of Windsor For Men EdT

Smashing!

Burgundy, best of luck with the house search. Swiss Pitralon, eh? Love that stuff!

Hot splash
Fatboy (on 9)
Voskhod (1)
MWF
Quorum AS
I have not used the FB in a long while,and after this mornings shave,I know why!.
Weepers (that didnt clear up after a cold splash,and AS)!,only DFS,and it felt like the blade was getting blunter after every pass...
I WILL get a good shave from the FB if it kills me!.:(

The Daily Rasp....

Merkur 34HD, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Beechwood 24mm 2-band Finest
Ingram QLS
Benjamin's Bay Rum
Hemp Oil
Woods of Windsor For Men EdT

Smashing!

Burgundy, best of luck with the house search. Swiss Pitralon, eh? Love that stuff!
Interesting house. One of the best we've seen but I'm not sure whether my heart's in it. Off on holiday for a week next week to Dartmouth with the outlaws - we will have do a bit of reflecting while we're there.

Glad to see you posting again! What's the hemp oil doing for you?

NSS signature with Lanolin
Omega 49
Fatboy 6
Feather 1
Proraso green AS

Found a Feather blade my stash and seeing as I've not used one for months I have it a whirl in the Fatboy...
The lather from the NSS with Lanolin is astounding. The Feather is still not my favourite blade, doesn't feel any sharper than say a GSB, but feels a little rougher. The Proraso AS is awesome - pleased I've finally tried it. Overall a cracking shave.
Have a good gents.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons best
Schick F type/Schick Plus Platinum ( US made NOS early 1990s)
RL Safari SS
Caron Yatagan AS (vintage 70s juice used as cologne also)

Man, loading this razor could be bad unless someone knows what to look for. Helps having an old blade to push out slowly and to keep control while watching the edge. So easy to damage the blade, especially at the very last part when it has to be guided onto the stop.

This combo could be my every day set up......whew. Only thing is I need to pay a little attention because although these blades are forgiving, they will leave a mark if I screw up. Great feel on my face with the F type.

Been too long since last using this excellent soap. I meant to splash on some Safari EdT but the Yatagan sidetracked me.

BBS results,

Martin

last 12 shaves -
executive (1960)
polsilver SI (one blade!)
speick soap and a/s
various brushes - omega 48 most recently.

really getting into the executive, esp. on milder settings. Great scent on the soap and a/s

Back
Top Bottom