SOTD: Saturday 23 March - Friday 29 March 2024.

Head and face shaves 3.27/28.24
IMG_8446.jpeg

HSOTD 3.27.24
Yaqi Ultima Stainless Slope
Personna Comfort Coated
Yaqi Carmel
Barrister and Mann Melange
IMG_8445.jpeg

Sotd 3.28.24
Yaqi Ultima Slope
Personna Comfort Coated
Hendrix Classics brush
Left over Lather

A couple of shaves to catch up on and they present themselves as a duo themed, 'Blood Stain Shave'

Wednesday

20240327_155442.jpg

Blood stain razor - Occams Enoch
Cause of any blood - Schick Proline
Blood spreader - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Staining soap - Bath House Orange flower
Bloody balm - L'Occitane Cade
Phlebotomists perfume - Hermes verte Orange

'The doctor's note says you have been diagnosed a twat.....and a blind one at that'

So delighted the previous evening with the Enoch/Schick it was only correct I make a return just to ensure I wasn't lying to myself.....or drunk. Nope in fact I must have been perfectly sober, and not lying for a change. Bloody wonderful and non of that red stuff anywhere. Not even flowing through my veins.

An orange soap with an orange scent and a very orange evening

Smashing

And for this evening the band of the day shall be Blood Stain Child. Not the most correct of names, or entirely girly either. But, they were probably the band which got me in to this ladies from the land of the rising sun band thing after searching Japanese music having seen Cross Faith live and being blown away

They did start off with a girly vocalist who has since disappeared but they do have one very pretty transgender guitarist...A kind of techno thrash dance metal......

Thursday

20240328_145433.jpg

Stainfriendly razor - Tatara Nodachi
Staininducing blade - Brazilian Wilkinson Sword

On the subject of Brazil we need a quick commercial break to keep your interest going

IMG-20200228-WA0031.jpg

Thank you and I continue.......

Not a toffee brush - Highlander LFC
Not toffee but soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
Stain on mankind - Me Extro Arzachena

'Mud Stain Tiles'

A shave just to make sure that pjgh was being totally correct with his summary of the Penhaligons Bayolea soap, and very happy to say, totally correct. An absolutely cracking soap in every way. And these Brazilian Wilkies? I am going to cry when the next and last one left gets used. It will be a sad day, but guess I always have Blood Stain Child to cheer me up........and so do you.....

A shave just to make sure that pjgh was being totally correct with his summary of the Penhaligons Bayolea soap, and very happy to say, totally correct. An absolutely cracking soap in every way.

I'm really enjoying mine. I think the Floris Elite will pip it (or certainly the formulation that I now have) given its performance in a test lather ... but Bayolea is an absolute top performer!

Bin the Rockwell blade that came with the razor. They are crap, rough and tuggy. Go with a blade you like. The Rockwell is an incredibly smooth razor on all plates. I’m sure you’ll find a big difference with a good blade.
You were right! Used plate 5 with a Gilette 7o’clock yellow. No problem this time: good and comfortable shave, though not a BBS one.

I'm not too sure, I am going to use it again tomorrow when I am earlier and not in so much of a rush to get done and sat down.
I will get back to you on it but the scent I thought was pretty weak on the face compared to the others I have.
That's what I thought, too. It's a great performer but the scent is too weak. I have a Trumpers Rose one and it's a bit stronger.

29/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger #2
Soap - P&B Star Noir
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 13 (7).jpg
Spot on shave today with the colossal Claymore.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom