SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

ed52a67e679dfb1a8517582d4688fd07.jpg

Omega 49 / PAA Harvest Moon / BBS1 / Alt Innsbruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Feather (2nd) + Polsilver (1st)
Brush: Razorock 400 Noir (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, a shower and to conclude Proraso Green Aftershave and Nivea 2 Phase.

So, from the components of my shave above, I think you can guess what happened. Yes, I thought (stupidly) I would give the Feather blade (the one that gave me so much trouble last week) another go. Why? The stupid are cursed with stupidity. Setting 4 on my Gillette Slim I thought would be fine, but oh no, halfway through my first pass – crimson (looked like Dracula had a nibble at me), so I thought no, no, NO.

Switched to a Polsilver, bumped up the to setting 5 and swish, swish, 2.5 passed completed – I could not go ATG on my neck.

I am trying to figure out whether Feathers usually have a dud blade as I have used them in the past in my Merkur 34c or whether they are just too darn sharp. Only other blade that I have had this effect with is the Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow – for me that blade will never grace my shaving den again.

Cheers,

Brian

Wednesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by warm water splash and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (Green).
Razor - ATT SE1.
Blade - Kai Captain Mild (Pink) (Day 3?).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Post shave - D R Harris Skin Tonic, followed by OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol Aftershave Tonic.

Although I am really enjoying the Supply-SE at the moment, paired with the Proline p-20, I was drawn towards the ATT SE1 this morning. It has been sitting in my shaving stand for weeks - loaded with a Kai Captain blade (which I think had about three shaves on it).

Anyway, an out of this world shave. Found a very efficient and enjoyable cutting angle straight away. The ATT SE1 felt great in my hand, it sang sweetly as it cut through the stubble. 3 Passes later - no issues, BBS (Dolphin plus) smooth :)

I cannot decide what my favorite razor at the moment is: ATT SE-1, Rocnel-SE GEM (only with the blade corners filed/rounded off); the Blackland Sabre-SE or the Supply-SE.

The only conclusion I can reach is that for the moment, I am stuck in a SE rotation, which I will break tomorrow as I am off on a short break and I like the iKon 101 for its robustness and decent shaves when travelling.

All the best,

Chris

image.jpg ~SOTD~ September 27th Wednesday

Prep....Shower ~ Donkey milk soap
Razor....Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade....Ever-Ready Corrux NOS
Soap....P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush....Semouge 1460
Scuttle....Giles Shaving Co
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Yardley 1770

What a fantastic razor this is and when paired with a blade of the same vintage and used with a top quality soap such as the P.160 what can go wrong? Nothing at all! A good close smooth shave was had and it was most enjoyable .

Wishing you all an enjoyable day.......:)

Wed 27th Sept

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
PAL S/S Adj
Schick NOS Super Chrome coated [ 4]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

As A follow up to the Supply SE, just had to go for the PAL which is one of my favourite Vintage Injectors.
Rather sad to say that despite an excellent lather and the apparent smoothness and comfort of the
shave, whisker reduction was not at all good. As I used my regular technique which normally yields good results, I have to assume that perhaps the blade is not up to scratch. Just pleased that I am not going anywhere special, as I feel as if I did not really have a Shave !!

IMG_1607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom