SOTD : Saturday 23th - Friday 1st March 2019

For today my particular chosen theme was 'Охота на мангуста'

20190228_213610.jpg

бритва - Mongoose aluminium with stainless handle
лопасть - Kai Captain
щетка - Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic
крем для бритья - Gentlemen's Tonic

So this is very much the same as my last outing with the Mongoose (No....in fact it is the very same) except I have given it a few days growth to contend with.

To save too much prattle I feel exactly the same about the Mongoose and where it fits in with my shaving routine. Given growth to remove off it goes and does a wonderful job. A third time out and I have more of a grip on the angle and how to manoeuvre it with better effect. I said previously it was easy to find the shaving angle (which it is) but with a bit more care and attention a few tweaks make those subtle little differences which can matter if one is looking for perfection in a shave. And I am

End result this evening? A fantastic three pass shave and a face which is......which is?.....jelly smooth

Have a wonderful trifle of an evening chaps

Thursday 28th February
Yaqi Moka Express - Vitos Extra Super - Valet VC1 - GEM SSC #4 - Alum - Superdrug Sierran Breeze A/S - Real Shaving Co Post Balm
vtBFt7L.jpg

I've been trying to use up some of my misc DE blades lately in a Pre-war Tech, and you keep posting that VC1, and I have a VC1 that keeps calling out to me. You're killin' me man!!!

I may have to take a break from the DE stuff. ;)

Date: 01 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Black 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #1
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil & Peppermint Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

30 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom