SOTD : Saturday 24th February - Friday 2nd March 2018

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: WDC-8, 24mm 2B Finest
Soap: PAA Solstice
Razor: ATT R2 Atlas
Blade: Treet Black Beauty
IMG_20180302_103219.jpg
A very good non-tallow soap and a very good non-vintage razor equals a very good shave.
It's good to question ones preconceptions.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Ladus blade ?
Guess you mean Ladas:

9JC76vM.jpg

:p
Greetings

Yes that's the blade, a spelling error!

Regards
Dick.

Friday 2nd March
Zenith 507 TS
Williams Mug Soap
GEM Junior - Baton handle
GEM Stainless Coated #8
Alum Wash
Selin Lemon Cologne
Lacura Moisturiser
QQCBNVQ.jpg

Got the Williams as part of an ebay package buy. I found it in the back of a draw recently.
It's a fair soap, easy to lather with good slickness and gave a great shave. It's not a game changer soap, as there are more preferable to me, plus it isn't wildly available here (UK).
I'll probably use it when the mood takes me.

Hope you're all keeping safe.

KiN9xJYZ_o.jpg

Maseto Memphis
Vintage Merkur
Rockwell Blade (3)
Razorock What The Puck Orange Sunrise
Thayers Rose, Nivea Balm & Duru Mandalina

Great shave today, though this blade and razor combo was a wee bit aggressive for my tastes. The Razorock puck soap is superb stuff, nice to see pucks being produced as opposed to the soft soaps that you normally get.

2/3/18

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Cella
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Treet Durasharp (1)
Post - Nivea Balm
AS - Eyup Sabri Tobacco

The Yaqi DOC is quickly becoming my favourite razor, it's smooth and efficient and produces excellent results and worked really well with Treet Durasharp which was incredibly smooth. Delightful shave today, reminded me why I enjoy this hobby so much.

Was the handle worth the wait?

At first I thought it was too short for my tastes but I plonked a Gillette Tech head on it and it was bang on! Size, weight, balance were perfect for me. Need to invest in the proper head and BP now to complete the razor.

Although, this month I may be tracking down the Timeless Bronze, so may have to hold of the Charcoal for now and call it an “acquisition in progress”! Did you get sorted mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought it was too short for my tastes but I plonked a Gillette Tech head on it and it was bang on! Size, weight, balance were perfect for me. Need to invest in the proper head and BP now to complete the razor.

Although, this month I may be tracking down the Timeless Bronze, so may have to hold of the Charcoal for now and call it an “acquisition in progress”! Did you get sorted mate?

A very good friend has just bought one. He'll be send his (L2) for me to try soon. This way I can try before I buy. It's a lot of cash (plus custom charges on top) to buy it blind.

A very good friend has just bought one. He'll be send his (L2) for me to try soon. This way I can try before I buy. It's a lot of cash (plus custom charges on top) to buy it blind.

Customs charges are ridiculous!!! I might need to source another head on this side of the pond thinking about it!

My parents are in the States visiting friends so I'm getting the Timeless sent there and they bring it back with them. Hopefully my old man doesn't nick it lol

SOTD: 020318
SOTD 020318 2 resize.jpg

Razor: Rolls
Brush: Razorock 400 handle with TGN 24mm finest knot
Soap: WSP Sandalwood
EDT: Joop

Having plenty of time on my hands this afternoon being snowbound I decided to use my recently honed and sharpened Rollls Razor. Thank you @Fergiebilly it is very sharp, ask my finger. :rolleyes::)

It is like shaving with a straight on a stick although a lot easier may I add.
Keeping the blade virtually horizontal to your skin I managed a decent 2 pass shave with a few touch ups without the loss of any blood I am pleased to report.
I do recommend trying one of these @Bazz they are an experience if nothing else.

I don't think the soap helped. In hindsight I wish I went for a much slicker soap like Talobra for example as despite the blade being very sharp I still experienced some tugging.

The handle and knot combo is fantastic.

All in all a great nostalgic experience but I am far from BBS.. There is always next time and I think you need a little practice to get the best out of this razor.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom