SOTD : Saturday 25th April - Friday 01 May 2020

Shave for a winter day

Pre shave: warm water
Scuttle: forget who made it although it was made in Poland.
Brush: Shavemac 2 band silvertip, Rubberset 400 style
Razor: Above The Tie S1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3rd and final)
Soap: Sterling Texas on Fire
Witch Hazel: Thayers unscented.
Tabaco scented splash

Only one day growth so I needed something easy on the old skin.

2 pass shave WTG - XTG leaving something for tomorrow's 3 pass shave :)

29/04/20
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: GFCC Peppermint
Razor: PILS 101 NE
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (4 & out)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
View attachment 54033
I am really beginning to enjoy these minty shaves, i was not convinced with peppermint at the beginning finding it too "sweet-shop", i seem to be mellowing to it now, maybe due to the Cedarwood & Peppermint scent of @BrianH 's soap which i really like.
The GFCC works a treat for a cream and performs well above its price, it does however, leave a bit of a film on your razor and the brush needs a good rinse after use.
3 passes and pickups today due to the Feather going off very quickly on the last pass. Still managed a BBS comfortable finish, probably down to the brilliant PILS.
I used the Proraso M&E for the post shave and i do like the menthol hit of it, i think its enough for me, i don't go in for the full on face freeze.
So BBS, comfortable and glowing. Feeling real good.

Soap dish update.
I could not throw the dish away without trying to salvage something.
I had a rake in the den and found a small plastic tub, this sits nicely inside the dish and the lid fits it. I decanted the soap to that, cleaned up the 2 halves, removed the sharp edges and super-glued it back together, it will not see the bathroom again but a least it can sit on the shelf.
The little tub will be used on super-lather days while i debate commissioning another set.
View attachment 54036View attachment 54035View attachment 54034

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago..... I placed my Suribashi for a moment on the bath edge with the brush in and that was the mistake.... I heard the noise when it fell into the bath.... held together by the lather, fortunately for me it was a clean break and I managed to put it together but it's not the same :( I stole the one from the kitchen for now. I was very upset so I can imagine how you felt.

30/04/20

Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM (4)
Brush: Simpson T3
Soap: MWF
Pre: Proraso Cypress & Vetiver
ASL: Proraso Red
ASB: Proraso Blue
Scent: Bespoke Fresh Citrus & Vetiver

IMG_20200430_090144.jpg

Easy BBS finish from 3 passes with the 1912 and Fat combo. The T3 worked well with the Fat and provided enough lather for 5 passes. Thanks to Garry @merchant_seaman I'm now the proud owner of two Fat cakes and I'll definitely be keeping them.

The new pre-shave also did the trick and smells nice. Looking forward to trying the other ones.

Thu 30 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Feather Popular
Blade Feather 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Clubman GentsGin
Terrific lather from CC especially on slickness. Scent strength medium. Brush was really nice for face lather, soft but enough backbone and resulted in a creamy slick lather.
Shave with this mild razor paired with the aggressive blade was great! Smooth as can be but sharp enough for 3 multiple pass shave. Enough for BBS & DFS result with no weepers nor irritation.
Post-shave ice water rinse felt so good followed by Thayers... soothing and cooling. GentsGin top-off a great session. Rating 9.5/10
20200430_143633.jpg
20200430_144735.jpg

SOTD 30/04 - The Gentleman's Groom Room Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew ; Semogue 830 Excelsior 24mm Tuxedo ; Rockwell 6S ; Gillette Nacet

200430_insta_sotd-jpg.67276

Friday

OSP Fougere
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Fat Hande Tech (Early War, U.S.A)
Gillette Nacet (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Pitralon Classic after shave

I can't remember the last time I used this Early War Tech. Paired with the Nacet, it gave a very close and smooth shave with no need for buffing.

I'm glad that I still have plenty of James' OSP soaps left; the Fougere is my favourite by far. The Pitralon, to me, marries really well with the herby woody notes of the soap. Great post-shave feel.

00990B51-6FDD-4621-A1D6-3D79EDD77C65.jpeg

30/04/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Plissoft Synth
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (8)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Wk18b.jpg
A Vonderful Vector 3 pass shave WTG, XTG & ATG no buffing or pickups.
The Proraso Green working really well throughout the shave & post shave.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All

Thur 30th April

Cyril Salter / MS. Ed2band
Tabac soap
ES Claymore V1- Ikon handle
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

Taking its name from the medieval two handed sword, this Razor is rather on the hefty side. However, it does respond
very well to a "use the weight and no pressure technique", and invariably I get a nice close finish with it. I really enjoyed
todays Shave, was rather fun just using the weight and guiding the Razor on the chin to render it squeaky clean.

IMG_0707.jpg

It's only Thursday. The lockdown has got to you already.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (4)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

Another close comfortable shave. I haven't used this Razor much in the past few year, favouring my Merkur 34, I'd forgot just how good this was.

IMG_7579.jpg

It's only Thursday. The lockdown has got to you already.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (4)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

Another close comfortable shave. I haven't used this Razor much in the past few year, favouring my Merkur 34, I'd forgot just how good this was.

View attachment 54070

Yeah, the days are starting to fuse into each other:rolleyes:

Last shave of the month ... would you believe it ....
30 April 2020 – noon
2 days' growth – good all round shave, couple of nicks due to trying to get rid of the last few whiskers!
Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Weishi (China)
Blade: Feather
Soap: Erasmic Cream
After: Cold Water Splash - Ajanta Alum - Autograph ASB
Capture.JPG

30/4/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Valobra Stick
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Astra SP (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

Tha Astra SP smoothed out a delight for the 3rd shave and I had a really superb shave today. A really great lather with the 11819 and Valobra Stick as well, it might have some of the best post shave for any soap, just moisturizing enough without ever being even the slightest bit greasy.

Back
Top Bottom