SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

SOTD: 26th November 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Monsavon Au Lait Shaving Soap.
Razor: (Face) Kanzy K100 - Lancet Super Platinum. (D1)
Razor: (Head/Dome) Yaqi Katana - Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Williams Aqua Velva ASL. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

A wonderful performance from the Lancet Super Platinum these blades are smooth with a mild yet efficient edge that mows through stubble with effortless ease and paired together superbly with the Kanzy K100 making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo.

The mild Euromax Platinum half blade is a great matched with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo.

As always, the Monsavon au lait shaving soap provided a luxurious slick, protective lather. It's been a while since i last added it to my soap rotation and the soap needed a a few minutes bloom in tepid water to revitalise it again.

The Monsavon Au Lait along with MWF are two of my favourite shaving soaps. The post shave feel that both of these soaps give is absolutely superb, making each shave i have with them a very enjoyable shaving experience.

A close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

qDqjSde.png

Saturday 11.26.22
RAZOR: Gillette '40s Brit Thin Handle FBT
BLADE: NOS Wilkinson Sword made in England
BRUSH: Vtg. Fuller brush 22mm silvertip badger
LATHER: Ethos Lavender Supreme Premium Shave Soap

Last edited:
D0A24ECE-F7C0-4372-B04C-4245F69CCE8B.jpeg
SOTD: 26/11/2022

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

From good to the sublime, the move to the + plate and increase in efficiency, loses none of its smoothness. I could happily flip daily between the two plates high efficiency of the + followed by a gentler shave of the standard the next day. It’s just delightful, I can’t wait to try it tomorrow with a fresh blade. The Signature was somehow even better than normal today and it was thick and slick, (something I’ve been accused of at times!) which greatly cushioned and eased the shave. Yes the Aylsworth Drakkant is now on my list for 2023 along with the Tatara AC.

26 November

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Chubby 2
Edwin Jagger DE89
Kai Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

C447F94F-9CF9-4EDE-A488-CF843853A74C.jpeg
The Edwin Jagger DE89 head on a Razorock barber pole handle looks rather elegant and with the Kai blade shaves rather well. A list of excellent shaving accoutrements resulted in a wonderful two pass shave with a close and comfortable result. Have a great weekend.

Sat 26th November

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 1 )
Lea After Shave balsam

With 4days growth to contend with and an overnight stay, prior to seeing our new born Grandson - it had to be The Evo.
With a fresh blade , short strokes and a light touch I had no hassle getting a super close all round finish.
Beginning to appreciate the Stirling brush as it is really soft when applying soap and working up a lather. Did neglect it for a while but found it works great with the MWF.

7426915D-E27C-4E51-9149-F2BAB4A65547.jpeg

Saturday November 26, 2022
Razor: A2 Autostrop
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Star Bone handle/Badger
Soap: Sir Henry's Kentucky Rain
AS 2: Sir Henry's Kentucky Rain
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,481

As @dominicr put it, I was one that was Jonesing for a chance to try this new offering. When a packaging change cause a delay in release he kindly made a Sample Set available for those that wanted it. YES please !! :D It arrived last night and was on deck for today. At first sniff off the humungous sample jar it was light and so I took a spritz of the aftershave and got a nice scent that was to my nose heavy on the vanilla that is used a good bit in a lot of his scents. On lathering the soap though I got a nice balance scent that I enjoyed as the scents all mingled together and look forward to getting a full tub. It had the typical quality lather all have come to expect from this soapmaker. The scent as described on the website is:

It's springtime in Kentucky, the morning rain has passed. The aroma of roses comes to your nose. Present but not overly feminine. You get a whiff of the horse's saddle leather just as horse, jockey, and trainer pass by. Next up, Kentucky Bourbon steps up in it's role of boozy sweetness as it harmonizes with the sweet woods and note of citrus in your Old Fashioned cocktail. You sip your drink, smile, catch a wisp of vanilla, and know it'll be a great evening of enjoying the whole symphony of the scent we call Kentucky Rain.

I get a nice blend of all that's described with the Rose being very subtle.......Just the way I like it. I'm not saying rose fans won't pic it up more but if you're like me and not a huge fan of rose, don't skip this one as it will be appreciated without overpowering the other notes which were more to my liking when reading the description. Nice job Dom and I will be getting the tub when released for sure. Have a great day everyone !
IMG_20221126_060102256.jpgIMG_20221126_061008851.jpg

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic
Razor: Yaqi TFC (setting 1)
Blade: Personna Platinum (2)
Cream: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra Shave Cream
AS 1: Thayer's Witch Hazel
PS 2: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra After Shave Balm mixed with GFT Spanish Leather Skin Food

A really easy and pleasant shave this morning. I'm loving the Yaqi TFC so far!

I seem to be favouring my SE razors at the moment, I love the broad blade and the closeness of shave they deliver. So today it was the turn of RazoRock Hawk V2 silver satin and Captain Titan Mild. I used one of my collection of smaller old bristle brushes, I find small works for me, if I use a large brush the soap tends to go everywhere it shouldn’t like up my nose.
Anyway, I tried the Harris Marlborough again, I had been underwhelmed last time of using it but this time worked up a soft creamy lather plus fine scent. Maybe it’s the brush?
One close pass and pick up did for me today but the (6x) blade is probably ready for the bin.
I dabbed on some recently acquired Old Spice. Memories of my visits to the barbers as a kid, wonderful places those old barber shops, the barbers were very discrete, “something for the weekend sir? Not that I knew what they meant until I was older.
So I hope you all have something great for the weekend fellas!

D5621A26-8D61-43D9-A723-FED22433A0F1.jpeg

First entry and one themed, 'That is it'

View attachment 96754

That razor - Stainless Mongoose
That blade - Feather Super Professional
That brush - Zenith dark synthetic
That cream - Palmolive Classic
That scent - Laboratory Perfumes Samphire

And that's all folks

Ooooops

35 minutes of torture.

Have a great one folks and I love you all
My Japanese isn’t quite up to it but do you have any idea what these chicks are singing about? Or maybe there’s a group doing an English cover version for us to watch? :unsure: Just wondering

26/11/22
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 48 (1).JPG
Its been a while since i used the Citrus Musk from Wickhams, today it gave a wonderful lather. I know it's not for everyone but i do like the musky neroli scent of this one, a bit of a nostalgic scent although i am not sure where from?
The Kai fitted with a Pro-Guard delivered an easy, comfortable, BBS finish in 2 passes.
Finishing with a good splash of the matching Wickhams splash ended the shave well, i did get a little indication under the jawline here and there.
All in, a nice shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom