SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

20240430_203227.jpg
20240430_203129.jpg

My Final Artisinal April Shave consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Signature soaps Eboracum.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 2.
Blade Silver Star (3).
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

As we conclude Artisinal April I wanted to use the very best of my Artisin equipment.
The Eboracum is by far my favourite Signature soaps, I did do a tub check to see how often I had used each scent and this tin is all but empty now.

The Highlander Boar was pretty much my brush of choice for ages right up until recently when I ended up with an avalanche of new brushes to break in.
Rest assured this brush is still my best Boar by far and was worth every penny.

My Artisin razor of choice was easy because my Stinger is just a work of art, it's so lovely I took 2 photos of it, Beautiful Razor.

The Silver Star blade is now in the blade bank and for the price it gave me 3 exceptional shaves, I probably could have gotten more shaves out of it but 3 is all I ask of a blade and each one was as good as the first.

A top drawer shave complete and all that's left is to say have a good night everyone.

Good Night GIF by Emmys

SOTD Tue 30 Apr 2024

Sunny Tuesday, shave
912F48B0-EFF1-4085-B9BE-9E2C1E547D73.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm
Razor - Merkur 38C Barberpole
Blade - Gillette 7o’clock Permasharp (4)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, witch hazel/asl mixture
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Weird weather or what! Rained most of yesterday, warm and sunny today and the forecast says it’s back to rain tomorrow, have we had a plague of frogs or a sandstorm yet this year, I forget!
Anyway, an enjoyable shave was had, with this blade, although on it’s last use, still being sharp and smooth in the big Merkur. Great lather with a nice new brush (shhh)! Face feeling and smelling smashing! All good.

DADA90CE-B7A4-44C2-B240-4C2DDB2455BF.jpeg
I don’t get it, it was a nice sunny walk in the park today but I had my feet washed when I got home?
That was because you insisted on plodging in the mud from yesterday’s rain!
Oh.

Razor Shield Titanium SE
Blade = Feather Pro Super ( 1 )
Brush = Simpson’s T3
Cream = Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes with matching splash & Balm.

IMG_1525.jpegThat’s me home eventually after a gruelling 11 weeks away.
I don’t suffer from jet lag that often but today has been terrible,
however i did manage to have this wonderful shave in between nodding off.
These Truefitt & hill creams are uk there with the best & i guess they’ve been going longer than most,
Lasting the test of time unlike their crap soaps.
The star of the Show was the razor which was a bst buy on here from @LeeMaz.
Thanks Lee it’s a tremendous razor.
A real looker & top performer.
3 passes of great lather and i didn’t want the shave to stop.
I keep going back to Synthetic brushes periodically but i’m really not that in to them these days although they do a fine job.
My heads cloudy as i write this i can feel another 40 winks coming on lol.

Birthday SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yates Precision 921 (M), Tatra Platinum
Head - Yates Precision Winning Razor Ti, Nacet
MacDuffs Worst Cabin Ever - soap & splash
TRC Cherry Royale synthetic brush
Thayer's Coconut
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

Birthday shave = new gear shave. First outing with the 921 so opted for the M plate to start with my usual two passes (XTG & ATG). Felt a little tuggy so swapped from the Tatra to a Nacet towards the end which was better, not sure if it's was me or the plate/blade combo (don't tend to get along well with new razors straight away, plus the handle is way longer than in used to) so going to try the H plate next time.

This set from MacDuffs smells insanely good, if you like cedar you'll love this - plus that artwork !

1000011241.jpg

Thayer's Coconut

Birthday shave = new gear shave. First outing with the 921 so opted for the M plate to start with my usual two passes (XTG & ATG). Felt a little tuggy so swapped from the Tatra to a Nacet towards the end which was better, not sure if it's was me or the plate/blade combo (don't tend to get along well with new razors straight away, plus the handle is way longer than in used to) so going to try the H plate next time.

This set from MacDuffs smells insanely good, if you like cedar you'll love this - plus that artwork !

View attachment 119940
Happy Birthday :D

Thayer's Coconut

View attachment 119940
Happy Birthday
All the very best to you

0C44824C-5E7E-42F5-A638-1C6F8AE208D1.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Rockwell 6C
Polsilver Łódź (3)
Haslinger Honig.
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Pitralon Classic a/s

Very relaxing end to the weekend.

Creamy and dense lather from the tallow Haslinger. I sound like a broken record, but their tallow recipe was outstanding.
Why change a top tier product?

Enjoy yours gents.

Thayer's Coconut

View attachment 119940

Happy Birthday :)

Thayer's Coconut

View attachment 119940
Happy birthday @Keltoi have a good one

Back
Top Bottom