SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

Strange but satisfying 2 and a bit pass shave this morning. With about 10 days growth I thought I would use the shavette but despite only about 4 shaves on the blade it was really tugging.
I pressed on and took off about 90% of the growth and then reverted to the Timeless 95 OC.
Second pass with the Timeless was lovely, loads of lather from the Signature soap, took it really slowly, second use of a feather blade which I’m not that familiar with, and have a very smooth result with just a single nick.
Finished off with a witch hazel splash (Speedy’s recipe, thanks again), feeling good!
Cheers all
Paul
There’s nothing like the feeling removing several days of growth!

Thursday morning

Martin de Candre Original
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

A smasher of a shave today. I think it was the first time I’ve used MdC with the Kamisori-type shavette. It was that good, I even went for a third ATG pass, which has left me cue ball smooth and just as polished.

533A7BF6-D4DC-49D3-9E0D-4E739C0F7B0E.jpeg

04/03/21
Shower
Pre: Cold water Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: OSP Spice Road
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM Stainless PTFE (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Spice Road
Wk 10 (6).JPG
You cannot beat a bit OSP Spice Road, wonderful stuff, the normal brilliant OSP lather, mixed in the Bideford pottery bowl with the Duke 3 Best, plenty of spicey scented lather for the shave.
The Sabre L1 is a very forgiving razor which really tames the GEM blades from the off, i really enjoy the face feel during the shave, it never gives any indication it is going to bite, although i find it a very efficient razor, YMMV.
3 easy, uber comfortable passes WTG, XTG & ATG for a BBS result.
A nice post shave routine finishing with the OSP matching splash.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

4/3/21

Brush - Zenith B07 Boar
Soap - Lea Menthol
Razor - Yaqi Katana/Souplex Bakelite handle
Blade - Lord Classic SS (2)
Post - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

I think I'm getting a little closer to dialling in shaves with the Yaqi Katana, I think it's better with a lighter handle, like the Bakelite one I used today.

A great lather with the Zenith mop and Lea Menthol cream, I think I'm growing to appreciate this brush at last. It's a floppy mop for and requires a different technique to lather than a stiff Omega boar but the face feel is quite different and it's nice to have some variation.

Anyway chaps, have a good day.

157164302_154707939814875_70983399878548204_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: 1912 Deluxe
Blade: Personna Gem (2)

Officer Doofy has been stood down from active duty, but I'm sure he'll return at some point ;) Once again, the face shave was great, but the one problem area I've always had on the right side of my neck was again difficult to shave without irritation. I think I'll put the 1912 to the side until I have a couple of days growth to go after, and a sustained period of irritation free shaves in that area. On a positive note, I enjoyed using the razor today, and it definitely didn't feel like it was trying to maim me :LOL:

4 March

A&E L’Orange Verte
Yaqi Dandylion
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart’s Grapefruit and Pepper asb

7A2DABC5-C58C-4704-9778-749B7BF19969.jpeg

A very good two pass shave with the Blackbird this morning. After the shave today I realised that the Blackland razor wasn’t really noticeably superior to the Mühle Rocca R96 yesterday. I think that I’ll just keep both. Sorry bro’. The A&E soap was fantastic, a good investment.

Thur 4th March

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
Monsavon au Lait
RR Hawk V3 OC Plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Definitely a nicer Shave than yesterday when the blade was new. The Shave was smooth and without hassle I got a nice close all round finish. I think if going for a special occasion Shave I would prefer The Hawk V3 with The A Plate.

7BD6EF75-D465-4C70-84D8-07248AF11244.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom