SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

SOTD 20180131.

hpqp8h8.jpg

Semogue 1250.
Eufros "Cronos" (sample).
Supply Single Edge V1.0 ("Aggressive" shave setting).
Schick Chromium (4).
Rebul Ice EdC.

ROCCA razor,
MWF
Derby blade 2nd use
Mùhle synthetic travel brush

This blade was left over from a sample pack and previously found it gave a poor shave. However this one was almost as good as my fav GSB.

Pre shave was a thin lather, then the proper lather . I find this works better than any pre shave cream. Remainng cream a luxurious after shave.

The synthetic brush beats my badger brush, soft and luxurious on my sensitive skin.....too good to keep it for travel trips!Much easier to judge how much water it holds.

T-t-t-Tuesday

P&B Denali (sample)
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Gillette Old
Schick Krona Stainless NOS
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso Mental and Eucalyptus

Okay, I've thawed out now. Now, many of you may think (with possible good reason) that, with yellow warnings of snow up here, using a menthol, camphor, eucalyptus and possible liquid nitrogen based soap was not entirely rational.

And you'd be right. So, anyway...

First off, a huge thank you to the erudite Iain @Digimonkey for the kindness in sending me the Denali sample. You're a star!

The soap is incredibly soft; even by P&B standards. The sample has the consistency of thick cream (see below).
But...having placed it into a small Omega shaving bowl, the damp brush was introduced. 30-40 swirls and then face application (having been prepped with cold water, naturally).

So, it exploded. Literally. Within 30 seconds or so, I had an amazing amount of lather on my coupon. Then the temperature began to fall. Seriously, this stuff is cold. Kerry must have had rubber gloves, goggles and all manner of PPE at his disposal in his laboratory. Each subsequent rinse with cold water between passes was interesting!!

I opted for the Gillette Old, paired with a NOS Schick Krona Stainless that I found lurking at the back of the blade collection.

I had the shave of my life. Honestly. 3 passes and no buffing. At all. I don't know if it was because of the sum of all its parts, or any one element, but everything came together. Shaving planet alignment.

My face shineth merrily, with that post-tallow feel; and smoothness I'm at a loss to describe.

Sorry for the hype; but it had to be done.

Yours in bliss.

S.
View attachment 32987
Sounds like a cracking shave! Well penned, Man.

Simple face wash
Edwin Jagger best badger brush
Pol Silver blades
The Personal Barber razor
Palmolive shave stick
Alum block
Fine Snakebite aftershave

Cracking shave today with the Pol Silver blades courtesy sold by @Blademonkey. Not the closest of shaves but smooth and consistent and most of all comfortable. A real shame they are discontinued, I need to source some more. If anyone has any they are looking to offload give me a shout.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom