SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

Paid a visit to my Barber today for the usual. He is aware of my wet shaving affliction/addiction, and has helped from time to time with items such as a Barbicide jar etc. Anyway, as I was departing, he offered to give me some extra fluid to top up the jar. Sounds good, said I. He did not have a container handy, so improvised. As I was driving home, I could just hear the potential conversation in my head - "What seems to be the problem, Officer? A Molotov cocktail? Never heard of it, and you'd best get yourself off to Specsavers - it's a Corona!"

It looks like a bolshevik alcopop!..Barbicide is wonderful stuff, every month i give my DE razors a mild solution mixture soaking for 10 minutes,then a wash & gentle scrub with washing up liquid..Works wonders,keeps the nasties at bay...Barbicide doesn't mix well with orange juice though.:D

Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl: Natural Horn
Brush: MÜHLE Rocca Birch Silvertip
Soap: Socotish Finest Soap Classic
Razor: MÜHLE Rocca R95 Birch
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS Splash: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
AS Balm: Haslinger Sandalwood
SOTD_20180127.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Saturday 27th January 2018
sotd 27 Jan.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Truefitt & Hill face scrub and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette FatBoy F2 (#7)
Blade: Triton R3 (#2)
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Pinaud Clubman
Bowl: Korium
AS: Halston Z-14
EDT: Halston Z-14

An excellent shave this morning, the Triton R3 blade in the Fatboy on 7 and the Pinaud Clubman soap made for a superb shave. The soap took a bit of work to get the lather going but the results were great, the jar is a bit small so loading the brush is a bit awkward.
Cheers @Uncle Sam

Must try the Kai's in my Feather DE.

Chris
If you have a Feather Popular then the Kai might not fit, I tried to put one in my Feather Popular and it would not fit, the hole in the middle of the Kai blade is slightly too small. A shame as the Feather popular is a nice mild DE and would likely be a good match with the Kai as advised by @Blademonkey.

SOTD: 270118
View attachment 32890

Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: The Blades Grim "Smolder"
Brush: S.V Rosewood
Bowl: S.V Grail
EDP: Acqua Di Parma Colonia intense

This was a shave that was perfect from start to finish.
3 Passes with a few touch ups cleared my two days growth with ease.

Feeling Fresh and smelling great.
Enjoy your shaves and your weekend Gentlemen! :)
That is a cracking looking brush, I have never seen one like that before?

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #4)
Blade: Astra S/P
Brush: 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap: Skullbuster Soaps: Kumbaya
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Fougere Bouquet ASB

Well, I was beginning to look like a hobo, so I decided to give the Skullbuster a baptism of fire, and opt for the #4 plate on ‘The Rock'... And what a fantastic shave it was! Kumbaya lathered up to provide an awesome base that was slick, and offered the cushion and protection that I was hoping for... In fact, I was enjoying my shave so much that I did extra passes just for the fun of it... Sublime!

Cracking shot Wayne, makes the MMOC look as beautiful as it shaves.
As for the brush... 'nuff said :)
Thank you very much Kevin.

Yes I spent the majority of my Friday night polishing razors taking particular attention to the MMOC and the Clogpruf. :rolleyes:
I know I need to get a life. (Well that's what my wife said anyway :cool:) but I find it very therapeutic and furthermore if she realised how much this hardware cost she would do the same. :D

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend mate. :)

Back
Top Bottom