SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

View attachment 33026 ~SOTD~ 1st February 08

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake Soap
Razor ~ Supply SE 00Plate
Blade ~ Schick Proline
Soap ~ Dusy Kabinett
Brush ~ Omega Boar
Post ~ Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ Mancera ~ The Aoud EDP

Fabulous! :) A great way to start the month :)

Have yourselves a great first day of February ......:)

How is that boar brush compared to the usual Omega boars? Does it feel a notch or two above ?

rRTb2dgc_o.jpg

Omega 10015
Schick krona
Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (2)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Floid Mentally Vigorous

A very nice shave, I think I have enough soap in the P&B for another week!! I don't know whether to finish it off or abort for a few weeks, I love the soap and scent but I do quite enjoy variety. Gaining a new appreciation for the Nivea Balms, I do enjoy BBA but something about Nivea I quite like. Finished off with some of recently nicknamed here Floid Mentally Vigorous.

How is that boar brush compared to the usual Omega boars? Does it feel a notch or two above ?
Yes it is a notch or two above because of its perfect setting within the handle, the loft is spot on. P. Edit ....the handle is also of a better quality than you would find on most Omega Brushes. :) P. ( that was the second notch) :)

Last edited:
Thur 1st Feb

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red croap
Supply SE V1 + 3 plate V2
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Tuff Red Aftershave lotion

My second Shave with my Supply V1 with the addition of Plate 3 V2. What a difference, better than yesterday as I am getting a better feel for it. Smooth, Comfortable with a great all round Finish- which rates as up there with my best Injector Shaves.

Any thoughts I previously had about getting rid of this Razor have now evaporated.I honestly reckon that The Supply V2 may well go down well with those using AC/SEs who find the head too large. I find that the unusual shaped handle does not cause me any problems during a Shave , nor does it feel slippy despite the smooth finish.

IMG_0514.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood PSB
IMG_20180201_160911.jpg

Well at long last I've tried the L2 plate and my worries about it losing some of it smoothness and manoeuvrability were swept away after a few strokes.
This thing zips across your face like an Olympic ice skater, leaving a surface as smooth as an ice rink in its wake.
Helped along its way by the smashing Stirling lather, which as usual, was as slick as a Ted's quiff.*

*Younger members may not get this simile.

p.s. @Blademonkey, you can say "I told you so" now :p

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood PSB
View attachment 33047

Well at long last I've tried the L2 plate and my worries about it losing some of it smoothness and manoeuvrability were swept away after a few strokes.
This thing zips across your face like an Olympic ice skater, leaving a surface as smooth as an ice rink in its wake.
Helped along its way by the smashing Stirling lather, which as usual, was as slick as a Ted's quiff.*

*Younger members may not get this simile.

p.s. @Blademonkey, you can say "I told you so" now :p
I told you so :) P. I'm pleased you're happy.

SOTD: 010218
SOTD 010218 2.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Gibbs #15 Adjustable (On Loan @Digimonkey )
Soap: NSS Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
Brush: Thater 4125/00
EDT: Issey Myake L'eau D'Issey

My second use of the Gibbs and this time set to #4 as suggested by @Boru62 .
Thank you Kevin in some respects because all it means now is I want one even more. Are you sure you want this razor back Iain? :p:)
In all seriousness this razor is a "Pocket Rocket", I will go as far to say it is up there with the best DE razors I have ever had the fortune to try.
A fantastic 3 pass effortless BBS shave. So smooth and comfortable.

Nannies Silly Soap is a fantastic tallow with a gorgeous scent that never fails and when using it with another "Pocket Rocket," The Thater brush, it provided a sublime, thick and slick face lather and superb post shave feel.

The Thater is a remarkable little beast. Cloud soft tips with excellent flow through that punches well above its weight.

Finished with a touch of the refreshing Floid Balm and the uplifting (spring is around the corner) scent that is Issey Myake.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Thursday 1st February 2018
SOTD 1st Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Triton R3 (#5)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Finest
Soap: Agua de Colonia Barberia cream
Bowl: Korium
AS: Bulldog Balm

The Triton R3 blade still feeling good after 5 shaves, combined with the Fatip and the Agua de Colonia Barberia cream end result was superb. A really nice close finish and very smooth getting there, I almost stopped at 2 passes today but went for a 3rd and well worth it, so smooth and irritation free.

Back
Top Bottom