SOTD Saturday 29th August to Friday 4th September.

SE learning curve continues:
Virginia Sheng synthetic
La Toja Stick, Face lathered
Ever Ready Featherweight
GEM S/S #2
Rinse / Alum Rub / Cold Rinse
Benjamins Bay Rum
Neutrogena Comfort Balm

Don't usually face lather, but I picked up some Spanish soaps/creams on my holiday and decided not to grate the sticks. The La Toja produced a really easy, thick lather, very impressed. I've heard a few people not getting on with the Featherweight, but I find it gives a super audible smooth/close/relaxing shave. Happy days!
IMG_20150901_171204416e.jpg

SOTD 1/9/15

Hot Towel
Palmolive Stick in Scuttle
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Merkur 39C
Astra SS (5)
Cold Towel

AdobePhotoshopExpress_e704392cc9a346a38e5a6f1548e1e173.jpg

Well, today was the first shave that I could forsee success using the vintage Wade scuttle. I'd melted some Palmolive sticks into a sort of puck that fits nicely into the scuttle. Prepared with a hot towel whilst the scuttle warmed with the boiling water. The brush soaked nicely in the scuttle whilst I prepped as well, and when it came to lathering, the lather built very quickly into a workable lather. I finished building the warm wet lather on my face, and it was a really nice experience that I could very much get used to. The shave was close and smooth, even on day 5 of the blade. I have a feeling this will become a regular winter habit when that season comes round. Now, to find more pucks that fit the scuttle! The only slight downside is that using it is slightly messy, but it's a very small price to pay for the extra added luxury of warm lather. I may have to find a 2 piece scuttle that I can use with creams and other soaps that don't fit this vintage piece.

Result? 5/5. The warm lather was a luxurious treat, the shave close and smooth. My face thanked me for it.

Mongoose B2, UFO Kaiser Short
Plisson Synthetic brush
Catie's Bubbles Fouet L'Orange
Mentholated witch hazel

The shave felt a bit rough. Perhaps the lather (there's one shave left in this soap and it'll be the last of this French formula of CB that I intend to try), perhaps the fresh blade, perhaps just me. Smooth result though.

Wed 2nd Sept.
Stirling Synthetic
MWF
Gem Junior [1912 ]
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse Off
Floid Vigoroso A/S

This Brush whacks out oodles of lather with MWF. Enjoyed a good comfortable very close shave with the Gem even on first use of the blade. Am thinking this for me, is a better shaver than the ER equivalents.

P1300001.jpg

Hot Shower
Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Mervyn Cadman Silvertip
ATT S1 Kronos
Rapira Swedish Super Steel (1)
Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia A/S Balm

Not looking forward to today, its my friends funeral this morning, so I thought I would cheer myself up with my favourite shave.
Although the shave was wonderful it somehow did not have the desired effect.

IMG_1578_Fotor.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia 'Natural White' Stone Pine & Cypress
Gillette Shaving Brush w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
GEM Featherweight (Olive) & GEM Stainless (6)
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Pino Silvestre Aftershave & EDT

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

Wednesday:

Afternoon, gents.
Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Derby Extra (5)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave cream: Gillette red tube
Aftershave: Mandate