SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

Thursday:
First run out of the new to me Ever Ready (Jewel/Streamline).
Rather than being wasteful I transferred the gem blade from the 1912 I've been using for the last week, as it's most likely still got a couple of shaves left in it.

Much easier to find the right angle with this Ever Ready on first go than the 1912 and no weepers on first use either! 2 passes plus a couple of pickups. Nice and close finish.

Despite enjoying the new SE razors that have arrived in the last month, I am hankering to break out a Tech.

The T&H cream is great, good application and face lather still had enough left for another pass if I had wanted.

Happy God of Thunder Day

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_084747__01.jpg
    IMG_20220203_084747__01.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 6
Thur 3rd February

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Citra Royale
Claymore V1
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 3 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

This was one of my early AC/SE Razors so I got used to its size and weight, and by utilising that weight with a light/ no pressure touch get more than satisfactory Shaves. Today, I was very pleased to have started this rotation with The Claymore, as the finish attained was excellent.

2F003D2C-322F-400F-87AE-ACF53F7450A9.jpeg

SOTD: 03/02/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Somehow my phone lost this mornings photo! However regardless the shave was delightful. Still on the hunt for a Future Fiction splash as it’s my favourite scent from a PAA soap, the post shave it gives is amazing.
Have a good day guys.

@Mike Smart, sadly they're still all over the internet for sale as for face-shaving. It's only from being on here that I didn't get caught out :eek: I do love the Tiger Platinum through certain razors (Parker 22R, Gillette Tech) but it can be a dog through others like the Merkur 34C.
If you fancy trying some proper Tigers, drop me a pm and I'll post a couple of tucks out to you - plenty in the den here.....
Thanks mate that’s very kind of you.
I don’t want to be greedy mate i have a good few pucks of the Platinums myself but thanks for the offer it’s very kind of you
Thank You

Thanks Mike, I've been fortunate with timing
Your Location has a lot to do with it as well.
When i check ebay there’s some wonderful razors but by the time we pay shipping & tax it’s just not worth it for us in the uk a lot of the time.
You should get a nice group photo of your razors & show them off on here

Your Location has a lot to do with it as well.
When i check ebay there’s some wonderful razors but by the time we pay shipping & tax it’s just not worth it for us in the uk a lot of the time.
You should get a nice group photo of your razors & show them off on here
Don't want to look like I'm bragging, but if wanted I could try. Not sure this is the thread for that though ? And I get the whole shipping thing. Some of mine have come from other countries......

03/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (6)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester G Soap
A/S - Copycat ExecutiveWk05 (6).JPG
A very nice shave today, it went a lot more smoothly than yesterdays maiden voyage.
I do like a looser lather when using the shavettes and the Signature soaps do let you hydrate them to just the right consistency for me.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Don't want to look like I'm bragging, but if wanted I could try. Not sure this is the thread for that though ? And I get the whole shipping thing. Some of mine have come from other countries......
It’s not about bragging mate some of us are truly interested
especially with the vintage stuff.
If there isn’t a thread you can start one :love:

Back
Top Bottom