SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

Thursday 3rd May

ACtC-3dgfiXSxomPj_Ihiqcsgh9KzL5riLmY3r1V_Rug-YJEFTgOwTxBRqF8prM_iYAJ0-0GLrZGIoxSPk5Jx3Xd79Uy4XmLG5fnjAH6i1kVuLxuru3EAgR8-j2iUXJCJ_LzMYJzzlCvXrnJoS-2jRrIKED1FQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
DSC w/Boar 24mm
Yaqi SE w/Windrose Darwin Handle
BIC Chrome (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

First run with the BIC Chrome for some years, a blade which I have a memory of being seethingly, if not dangerously sharp and it seems to carry that reputation! This time around, I'm not finding it so even in the yawning gap Yaqi SE. I am, however, finding it a simple, good, honest blade and as a Platinum Chrome, rather feels like some of the Indian Platinum Chrome blades that I've tried recently, say, Topaz Platinum or Lancet Advance Plus Platinum.

Enjoyed!

20210603_200417.jpg
SOTD 3rd June

Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - Stirling Hipster
Razor - Ever Ready 1914
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #12
Post - M&S Harvard Twins
Beautiful 3 passes with this Ever Ready. I'm definitely getting the hang of the ever so slightly different angle(for me anyway! In my head!) to the 1912 and MMOC.
On a current rotation of some of my favourite scented soaps - this Stirling Hipster is a cracker! Sophisticated, luxurious and right up my street - nicely complimented by the M&S Harvard pair.
Beautiful shave all round.
Stay safe Gentlemen and enjoy your shaves

View attachment 71054
SOTD 3rd June

Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - Stirling Hipster
Razor - Ever Ready 1914
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #12
Post - M&S Harvard Twins
Beautiful 3 passes with this Ever Ready. I'm definitely getting the hang of the ever so slightly different angle(for me anyway! In my head!) to the 1912 and MMOC.
On a current rotation of some of my favourite scented soaps - this Stirling Hipster is a cracker! Sophisticated, luxurious and right up my street - nicely complimented by the M&S Harvard pair.
Beautiful shave all round.
Stay safe Gentlemen and enjoy your shaves
I've never seen a '14 look so good! The ones I have are well used, but I love 'em anyway.

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face scrub.
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Astra SP
Camping shave round two! The scrub is just amazing and completely refreshed my face after a few days shaving. The Proraso nicely refreshed my face from the camping grime, and the EJ never lets me down.

Attachments

• 87B653AF-E2D2-4016-8C9D-B12D29520320.jpeg
    87B653AF-E2D2-4016-8C9D-B12D29520320.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 2
cvNGgKP.jpg

June 3, 2021 - The Art of Shaving

Self imposed challenge: Blackbird Month.

What a mudder focker..... Okay, there was no swearing during this shave- all went well and was DFS in 3 passes.

A lot of soaps do have cool labels and it was really hard for me to pick just one. Settled for this, due to it's simplicity. The label seems to be a pencil sketch, portraying some crazy shaver (although I get some resemblance to Sweeney Todd - maybe it was meant to be him). Not sure why but there's just something really cool about it. On top of that - I like this soap for it's Fullers Earth content. Together with few other soaps that include mud elements - they seem to be best for my skin. I am diabetic so they probably moisturise it to different degree compared to normal ones.

Fragrance... The scent of the soap and aftershave are too well blended for me to pick up individual notes. I tried. I really tried... but to no avail. To me it smells like some amazing mud bath with some warm essential oils in the air. That's as far as I can go hah! For daily wear, despite warm weather - I opted out for Lynx Tobacco and amber daily fragrance. Really enjoying this one lately - just the right sweetness and heaviness for me. I think sweet tobacco mixed with amber is my favourite way of wearing tobacco notes (from my limited experience).

For todays SOTD picture I was trying to paint with light - however due to the artwork being too 'plain' colour wise - it just wasn't working out. In the end decided to give it a warmer vibe. Picture was taken with my EOS 70d, Sigma 17-50 f2.8 and aputure minilight

Fri 4 SOTD
Soap CBL Peanut Butter
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Lather from the soap just able to do the job. Very light scent and just enough slickness...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok too. Good enough in 3passes for a dfs++ result with 1 minor weeper. Blade did not feel as smooth nor efficient. Aftershaves were good.
20210603_202103.jpg20210604_093420.jpg

I
cvNGgKP.jpg

June 3, 2021 - The Art of Shaving

Self imposed challenge: Blackbird Month.

What a mudder focker..... Okay, there was no swearing during this shave- all went well and was DFS in 3 passes.

A lot of soaps do have cool labels and it was really hard for me to pick just one. Settled for this, due to it's simplicity. The label seems to be a pencil sketch, portraying some crazy shaver (although I get some resemblance to Sweeney Todd - maybe it was meant to be him). Not sure why but there's just something really cool about it. On top of that - I like this soap for it's Fullers Earth content. Together with few other soaps that include mud elements - they seem to be best for my skin. I am diabetic so they probably moisturise it to different degree compared to normal ones.

Fragrance... The scent of the soap and aftershave are too well blended for me to pick up individual notes. I tried. I really tried... but to no avail. To me it smells like some amazing mud bath with some warm essential oils in the air. That's as far as I can go hah! For daily wear, despite warm weather - I opted out for Lynx Tobacco and amber daily fragrance. Really enjoying this one lately - just the right sweetness and heaviness for me. I think sweet tobacco mixed with amber is my favourite way of wearing tobacco notes (from my limited experience).

For todays SOTD picture I was trying to paint with light - however due to the artwork being too 'plain' colour wise - it just wasn't working out. In the end decided to give it a warmer vibe. Picture was taken with my EOS 70d, Sigma 17-50 f2.8 and aputure minilight
Is that a nice TLR in the background? Nothing beats medium format film..

Back
Top Bottom