SOTD Saturday 2nd December 2017 - Friday 8th December 2017

Hi Chris,
I tried many blades, thanks to @Acer89 .
I couldn't stand the Feather Pros. There's two types which worked for me. The Proline's and the Kai Protouch MG 'Pink'.

I've tried a few AC razors with The Cobra being the best I've used.

As I mentioned earlier I found my skin was feeling rough and tender using the AC blades no matter what razor I was using.

With regret I sold the Aluminium General. I really did enjoy using it. I would have the quickest shaves I ever had love the weight and look of it.
I also sold the Stainless Steel General, which I was never really that enamoured with it if truth be told.
I found it too heavy and never totally sold on it's looks (yes I'm that shallow).
I did use it with a titanium handle and it was 'just right' but in the end I chose to move it on.

Luckily, as you say there is plenty of choice in this game.

I've found (Vintage) SE GEM style razors to be a revelation this year. Thanks to members @Blademonkey and @Boru62 who generously loaned a number to try.

I loved them all apart from one, the Streamline, beautiful but too aggressive for me I'm afraid.

If you haven't tried a SE razor I would highly recommend you do.
I was initially put off trying one after watching them in use on YouTube. I couldn't believe you could get a comfortable shave from something which had the sound of scraping toast for feedback but I was wrong, so wrong.

If you would like to borrow my Every Ready 1912 (a masterpiece) you are more than welcome. I can send you a few blades too?
Please drop me a PM if interested.

Sorry for going on.
Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing, that's why I love coming here every day - lots to learn.

I love my Blackland Sabre-SE and the ATT SE-1 - both great razors. I am also a fan of the Supply-SE v2.0 - truth be told, I have fallen in love with SE razors this year -looking at the shave of the day and general comments posted about the quality of SE razors and the shave, helped me make the jump :)

I might give you a PM in the New Year re the 1912 - must say I'm tempted to give that classic razor a try.

All the best,

Chris

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing, that's why I love coming here every day - lots to learn.

I love my Blackland Sabre-SE and the ATT SE-1 - both great razors. I am also a fan of the Supply-SE v2.0 - truth be told, I have fallen in love with SE razors this year -looking at the shave of the day and general comments posted about the quality of SE razors and the shave, helped me make the jump :)

I might give you a PM in the New Year re the 1912 - must say I'm tempted to give that classic razor a try.

All the best,

Chris

OK cool. Whenever you are ready.

Great SOTD today. [emoji41]

0cbf63ab38bb72290f2ec345e76f1604.jpg

I'm loving the the Borealis and Extro Freddo ASB, both of which I used for the first time today. The scent of the Borealis is sublime (although it could be a tad stronger) and the Extro was impressive. It started off with more of a Eucalyptus scent which died down over time as the Menthol scent came to the fore. A little goes a long way and it absorbed into the skin very quickly. It's a definite winner for me. [emoji846]

I also tried the Obsidian Solid Cologne for the first time as well. I'm generally not a user of Cologne or EDT and quite enjoyed using it although I'm not quite sure how much it added to the overall result if the truth be told.

I'm also really enjoying the M7 Manchurian, ATT G1 and the Meissner Lime Pre-Shave Oil that I got recently (the M7 being a birthday present). They really hit the spot this evening and are top notch products in themselves.

Have a great weekend guys. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob,
A hint of Pear drops,short lived scent was OKish.Prefer my Tuff Red.
Mike
@Blackmass @mpf9ret - have picked up this discussion a little late, but couldn't help myself as I am a Pitralon tragic.
I have them all except the Polar version. I'm totally with Rob on the Pitralon Classic (aka German Pitralon) - it is a belter, and probably my favourite aftershave scent. It opens very fresh with citrus and lavender, but has a beautiful soft cedarwood/sandalwood dry down with a touch of musk and leather. It is really well balanced.
I find the Pitralon Pure/Original (aka Austrian) and Pitralon 160ml (aka Swiss) quite similar, although I prefer the face feel of the Swiss. I would describe both as fruity barbershop scents, with the initial fruit blast quickly settling to a classic barbershop scent with some similarity to Pinaud Clubman. The Swiss has a more pronounced tropical fruit note - most people get banana notes, myself included.
There is just something about the honesty of the presentation and performance of Pitralon that appeals to me.

@Blackmass @mpf9ret - have picked up this discussion a little late, but couldn't help myself as I am a Pitralon tragic.
I have them all except the Polar version. I'm totally with Rob on the Pitralon Classic (aka German Pitralon) - it is a belter, and probably my favourite aftershave scent. It opens very fresh with citrus and lavender, but has a beautiful soft cedarwood/sandalwood dry down with a touch of musk and leather. It is really well balanced.
I find the Pitralon Pure/Original (aka Austrian) and Pitralon 160ml (aka Swiss) quite similar, although I prefer the face feel of the Swiss. I would describe both as fruity barbershop scents, with the initial fruit blast quickly settling to a classic barbershop scent with some similarity to Pinaud Clubman. The Swiss has a more pronounced tropical fruit note - most people get banana notes, myself included.
There is just something about the honesty of the presentation and performance of Pitralon that appeals to me.

Thanks Tom for the detailed description. I will be trying a couple of the other ones in their line up in the near future.
I adore The Classic, just wish it would last long. I'd love to find a edt which matches it.

Cheers
Rob

Thanks Tom for the detailed description. I will be trying a couple of the other ones in their line up in the near future.
I adore The Classic, just wish it would last long. I'd love to find a edt which matches it.

Cheers
Rob
Hey Rob. If you find one, be sure to let me know, Mate! Cheers, Tom

Will do Tom. :)

Back
Top Bottom