SOTD : Saturday 2nd June - Friday 8th June 2018

hugybyxA_o.jpeg

Yaqi 2 Band Finest
Gillette Rocket
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Dusy Klar Kabinett
Nivea 2 Phase & Hugo Boss Boss In Motion

Been a short while since I used this soap, inspired by @Blademonkey topping up his Klar, I decided to give it a run out. If you want something rose scented, look no further than this. Fantastic and great value.

SOTD 03.06.2018
SOTD030618.JPG

Pre: Shower, Bulldog face wash
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Classic 24 Sample
Razor: EJ Bulldog
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
AS: Fine Platinum

Still carrying on with the cold water shaving for the time being. My face had recovered slightly from my over eager ness that other day. Todays shave went much better, a 3 pass WTG / ATG X 2 (face) and 1 pass WTG neck. Loving the classic 24 soap (made far too much lather today) and combined with the Fine Platinum AS - smelled lovely for my Nephews birthday party.
Have a great evening gents

Shave Of The Day 3/Jun/2018

• Featuring the ΑΛΦΑ T400 Rubberset 400 Tribute brush
  • De Vergulde Hand Hard Soap
  • John Glueck 6/8” Custom Made Kamisori

A bit of a shame today I could not to a SOTD Video. The light in the bathroom was just too bad. I am on business in a hotel in India, Navi Mumbai (look it up.) - So instead I made some photos!. The razor from John Glueck was, as ever, superb. Stropped 25/25 linen/leather. The soap is one of my favourites - De Vergulde Hand. This soap is less than $2 USD a pot and it is superb - get some if you can. They have been making it the same for hundreds of years so they must have gotten something right eh?

The brush is all mine.

Woah dude. Brush looks epic! :eek:

20180603_201107.jpg
Paradigm Titanium II (on loan)
Gillette Platinum (2)
Romera Manchurian
Eufros GEA
LEA aftershave

I'm writing this in the department lounge of Birmingham airport. I'm fleeing the country with the Paradigm. Just don't that @Acer89 chap.;):p

Joking aside. The razor is pretty close to perfection.

Have a good week gents.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Sotd - Friday 1st of June & Sunday the 3rd.

Sotd-3:6.jpg

Friday -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Twin (3)
brush - Simpsons P8 Phyl best badger
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Barts Peppermint lotion
scent - ADP Mirto di Panarea edt.

Sunday -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Twin (4)
brush - Semogue 1305 boar
soap - Kent hard
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tobbaco
balm - Barts Peppermint lotion
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage edt.

Result - every day is a school day -

The Friday shave - I achieved the impossible - well - logically, you can't achieve the impossible - otherwise it wouldn't be impossible - the very improbable - that's better. I was shaving in a hurry to get out and I cut myself with the Schick. Nothing serious - cold water dealt with it but I mean - the only way hitherto I thought that you could damage yourself with this razor was to poke the handle in your eye. Lesson learned. I don't wear the ADP Panarea enough - its a beautiful scent for warm weather. The longevity and sillage are excellent. Ought to be - it costs enough. The picture above is a mix and match of the kit I used - I just wanted to show you the Simpsons P8 - lovely isn't she? Have a good week all - enjoy your shaves - regards - I.

Last edited:
Date: 04 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Dr Harris Windsor Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Astra Superior Stainless #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Lagerfeld Classic

image.jpg ~SOTD~

A touch of the lavender

Prep ~ Norfolk Lavender Co Glycerin soap, Shower
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ Schick Proline P-30
Soap ~ OSP Lavender
Brush ~ Mervyn Cadman Bell Silvertip badger
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy 2016
Post ~ Barts Lavender Aftershave Lotion
Scent ~ Caldey Island lavender edt

The Norfolk Lavender Co sell a wonderful Lavender Glycerin soap which is just perfect as my prep soap for my lavender shaves followed
by the OSP Lavender which has to be my best Lavender shaving soap, I shoud use it more, all the useal OSP attributes with a woody earthy lavender scent, this was soon wipped up into a silky lather with the beautifully ergonomic Cadman Bell brush with its super soft silvertips.
The Cobra glided through the silky lather decimating stubble as it went and before too long the shave was over leaving me with skin as smooth as the lather I had just removed. An aplication of Bart's Lavender AS Lotion moisturised and nourished my skin as well as leaving the calming lavender scent, I finnished off with a few sprays of Caldey Island lavender edt on my wrists and upper torso.
I was left very well shaven and smelling fantastic and I felt totally relaxed and could have retired back to bed for an hour but alas i could not. :(

I hope all of your shaves are as relaxing.......P.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
La Toja Cream
Semogue 1305
Little Wren Pottery
Schick Krona TTO
Kai (3)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Fine Green Vetiver Aftershave
Guerlain Vetiver EDT

Monday morning soon comes around but a good shave always gets me in the right frame of mind for the day ahead. Have a good one chaps.

Razor - The General SS
Blade - Kai Pink
Brush - Maseto 24mm 2 Band
Soap - Stirling Coniferous
Post - Thayers Cucumber
Aftershave - Brut Splash
BFEAE28B-0B22-46C3-B2FA-41C630DBFD16.jpeg

A comfortable smooth shave that was finished off with splashing the Brut all over “I even managed to get some on myself too “.:p
The bottom of the soap puck is starting to show through,a sure fire sign that another Stirling soap will be on the horizon.

HAVE A GOOD ONE FELLAS

Monday 4th June

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
P&B Albion Soap
Omega 10051 Boar Brush
Parker Variant (3,3,4) with a Wilkinson/Gillette Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Aloe Vera Gel
Pinaud Clubman AS

This was my first shave with the Parker Variant....and I must say I was very impressed. Calibration is spot on and fit and finish is second to none.
3 passes for a lovely BBS shave. Beautiful weather outside and all is good (helped immensely by the fact that I am not working today):)

Back
Top Bottom