SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

PXL_20240203_181415526~2.jpg
first time using the legendary Mitchells wool fat. it came to me as a sample from a pif by @exists. thank you sir, just now getting to using it for fat February.

grated the sample and melted it into a shallow ceramic bowl and loaded up using all familiar gear otherwise. It gave me a really dense lather and quite a different post feel. it leaves a layer of fat behind on everything after rinsing. it didn't take much soap to create a lot of lather either. I've always heard it's tricky to lather but I didn't have any problems or do anything special. we do have soft water and I think this is a known good batch

pretty good all round so far and I'll be using it till it finishes. maybe it'll see me through February.

3/2/24

Pre - MWF bath soap
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 22mm
Soap - Tallow Kent/MWF
Razor/Blade 1 - ER 1912/Personna
Razor/Blade 2 - Tech/Kleen Shave
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol

My first shave for FAT FEBRUARY. Ah the glorious FAT, with it's lanolin leaves my chubby face feeling fantastic. Superb lather.
I had about 4 or 5 days worth of growth and the 1912 mowed it down beautifully, and the Tech for the second pass.

Great shave.

IMG_20240203_182305.jpg

Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Vintage Polsilver ( 1 ) Polish
Brush = Kent AP4 in Pure Badger
Soap = Vintage Scottish Fine Soaps
Splash = Gillette Blue
Balm = Gillette Post Shave Balm
IMG_0691.png
Well Another Fat shave but this one wasn’t the best
Possible one of the worst shaves iv had in recent times.
My fault thought it was a crap razor / Blade combo.
Never in a million years should i have paired this blade with this razor but there you go we all do silly things at times.
I like this razor a lot & i like this blade but they didn’t go today. The first stroke to the last was very tuggy but i was determined to see it out.
On the bright side the soap is first class

Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Vintage Polsilver ( 1 ) Polish
Brush = Kent AP4 in Pure Badger
Soap = Vintage Scottish Fine Soaps
Splash = Gillette Blue
Balm = Gillette Post Shave Balm
View attachment 116548
Well Another Fat shave but this one wasn’t the best
Possible one of the worst shaves iv had in recent times.
My fault thought it was a crap razor / Blade combo.
Never in a million years should i have paired this blade with this razor but there you go we all do silly things at times.
I like this razor a lot & i like this blade but they didn’t go today. The first stroke to the last was very tuggy but i was determined to see it out.
On the bright side the soap is first class

The Fat forgives bad shaves.

What is the Gillette Blue aftershave like? Is a marine style scent?

First time using MWF and this soap delivers. Super easy to lather and the result is a very dense, cushioning and slick lather. It has a subtle clean 'soapy' scent and a great post-shave feel. I didn't know what to expect but now I'm definitely looking forward for the rest of February.

Brill! All together, now: "One of us! One of us! One of us!" :geek:

maxresdefault.jpg

SOTD 20240203
Prep: Tüff Vor der Rasur
Bowl: Zenith by Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Thäter 4125-4 2-Band Fan
Soap: Abate y la Mantia Urash
Razor: Blackbird TI SB 101 mm handle
Blade: Voskhod
AS: Tüff Rasierwasser
AS: Abate y la Mantia Urash

SOTD-20240203.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Is that the Akcay I sent you?
It is! It's getting towards the end now but I do have a 500ml of Birsen, which I am (now) pretty sure is the same stuff ... although I do get a slightly oudhy twang from the Birsen which I don't in the Akcay. I do like strongly alcoholic splashes for aftershave and these colognes give that in abundance.

It is! It's getting towards the end now but I do have a 500ml of Birsen, which I am (now) pretty sure is the same stuff ... although I do get a slightly oudhy twang from the Birsen which I don't in the Akcay. I do like strongly alcoholic splashes for aftershave and these colognes give that in abundance.

Ah ok. Give me a shout if you want me to pick up another bottle of the Akcay if you like.

Back
Top Bottom