SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

SMN cream
Wildwest Brushworks ‘Cashmere’
Mongoose B2
Kai titan mild #3
SMN dopo cream
SMN aftershave & EdT

Smashing shave after getting up off night shift and mowing the back garden lawn in the warm sunshine. The Santa Maria Novella although expensive are very good, last night shift tonight and a shorter one due to the clocks springing forward to BST!

2024-03-30-12-25-38-247~3.jpg
very smooth and comfortable shave with this R89 head and a fresh racer but not as close as I like.

I can still feel some light stubble after three passes but stopped there to avoid risking irritation. I guess it's good to give your skin a bit of a break from bbs once in a while but still feel nice and freshly shaved. especially on a day with such lovely weather. no aftershave sting and feels very nice overall.

Combo for this morning and tomorrow:

SOTD: 30/03/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 11th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the Easter weekend!

Happy Easter weekend!

Saturday 30th March

AP1GczMc-4-1_jjy5uvuYjMu3oK4-jA6-M6_O4b6tkVQDvwjTbtTUC4bK3m7HF_TvuOKbZ7pA6fGLU2M814EDfDdANoflJQLsys8o3MnaOkBFwn5dHQyuOVjgAwZ6UkgZ2XdtRNTnzwM5SWTQTNxhBQ-gqlMqQ=w800

DR Harris Arlington Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 Twist & Nacet Stainless (3)
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia Antiga

Tough day in the garden, replacing some aged and collapsed steps ... but sunny all day and really lovely. I captured the last of the sun in my SOTD picture, which gives me a warm smile.

Pictures, or it didn't happen?

Before:

IMG_3362.jpeg

After:

IMG_4218.jpeg

IMG_4222.jpeg

3x3 posts going down a good foot and a half below surface behind the sleepers.
Mesh on top to prevent slipping when they get wet.
New half-step up to the summerhouse decking.

Very pleased I designed in a more regular run of 1, 2, 3 ... then 1, 2, 3 rather than the random before.

... might get it all Kreokote'd tomorrow.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor- Jupiter
Blade: Astra Stainless (1)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

First outing with Jupiter as part of the passaround. I don't have brass razors and in the past I tried a Brass Karve which I moved on after one shave. It's something with brass that makes me have that funny metal taste in my mouth.
I am pleased to report that The Jupiter is not as bad but it's definitely a different shave compared to the rest of materials.
Because of the brass it's also a weighty razor. The longer handle adds to this. Not uncomfortable to use but if you're into lighter razors this is not going to fit the bill.
I find heavier razors are easier to manoeuvre for some reason so enjoyed navigating the Jupiter around my face. Whilst at the manoeuvrability topic, my preference is for shorter handles but interestingly enough with its longer handle Jupiter did not dissappoint. Overall great first impressions and looking forward to the next analytical shaves.
Jupiter 2.jpg

Last edited:
1000005272-01.jpeg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint.
Razor Blackland Vector.
Blade Kai Titan mild (7)
Aftershave Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint.

I wanted to pop my Titan blade back in to see if my theory was correct and it was.
I had a superb BBS shave absolutely beautiful and I thank @Satanfriendly for putting me onto them by recommending them for my Mongoose, I find for me anyway that the Titan seems to stay smoother than the Feathers.
I got given the Frosted Spearmint soap and splash as a bonus gift from @Borygmi and I am simply loving it, I get a real kick at how cold my face feels and how my eyes water for about 3 hours ha ha love it, I just need to find more or at least a more easily obtainable equal.
Anyways that's all and it's been a real pleasure tonight,all that needs to be said is have a fantastic evening everyone.

SOTD: 31st March 2024.

26.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D2)
Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

My recent reacquaintance with my humble boar brushes has been wonderful the Semogue 1305 is such a great brush the paint on the handle has started to flake off in places due to wear & tear with use giving it a "Shabby Chic look" which I quite like giving it lots character. I may give it a coat of clear matt varnish to keep it preserved. A great shaving brush that gets softer each use.

The Ach Brito Mogno soap gets top marks for it's performance, scent, protection, slickness & post shave feel. A wonderful shaving soap.

A close comfortable shave to finish the month off on a high with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom