SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

20240331_072834.jpg

1st shave with the Braveheart head I picked up from ES for £10.

20240331_073002.jpg

I decided to put my R41 Twist back into the regular rotation, so I needed a new travel razor. I had a few points with ES so thought this would fit the bill. Put it on an SS handle I had spare. Bloody Hell!! It's brilliant. A real 10/10 2 pass shave. Complete bargain for £10!

20240331_073052.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Executive Shaving Braveheart
Blade - Bolzano
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Brut

Happy Easter!

Today's shave:

rdt240331.jpg

- Abbate Y La Mantia Vegano
- Chisel & Hound Fanchurian
- Mühle Hexagon with Sputnik blade
- Floïd The Genuine suave aftershave

:D

Happy Easter everyone!

Sun 31st March

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 6 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

A super lather made the Shave really nice, as it helped the Evo deliver a great all round finish. A late lunch today at sons in Essex, so a brunch before braving the M25.

IMG_0313.jpeg

31 March

Sterling Campania
Cadman M55
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

IMG_0925.jpeg
A lovely luxury shave. I was impressed by the Feather razor today. I was well shaved after the first pass, and the second was mainly for fun. I’m looking forward to the day ahead. I wonder if I’ve bought myself an Easter egg?

Last edited:
2024-03-31-11-02-37-266~2.jpg
same setup as yesterday and consistent results. not close enough, a little stubble left but very smooth and comfortable and enjoyable.

even more of a lovely sunny day today and so nice to finally have shaves with the sunshine streaming in and a nice breeze of fresh air from the open window.

moved the blade into a lord L6 head of ready for tomorrow and already really looking forward to a more efficient bbs shave.
2024-03-31-11-09-11-499~3.jpg

20240331_105126.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Hot shower.
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Zingari man Mousse Iluminee Rogue.
Razors Leaf and Blackland Vector Open Comb.
Blade Kai Titan mild (8)
Aftershave Zingari man Mousse Iluminee Rogue splash and Mousse Iluminee Rogue edt.

Today I thought I would take my Vector Open Comb plate for a spin.
All I can say is wow wow wow.
GIF by The Titan Games

I found the the safety bar would pretty much completely dry my face as it passed leaving any other strokes past the same spot would be running on dry skin and open to shaving rash possibility but with the Open Comb it leaves behind some soap keeping further passes lubricated.
It just steps up the shave so you really do end up with a superb mirror finish.
This Open Comb reminds me of my time with the Tatara and quite user friendly making the Hawk Open Comb still king for excitement and fun if you love James bond style danger.
My face is now so smooth you simply could not land a plane on there safely.
year plane GIF

Being Easter I have gone all out with my favourite scent and leaves me to wish you all a happy Easter.
Spring Break Dance GIF by Hello All

Pm4WOAB.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage Fabergé Brut Aftershave Lotion

Savonnaire du Moulin
PAA Phantom aerolite 26mm
Mongoose B2
Kai titan mild #4
SMN Acqua di Rose toilet water

Didn’t really need a shave today but after a shower because my head had a bit of stubble I decided to have a head and face shave using the floppy aerolite knot to easy cover my swede giving a clean shaven head and face, finished with a splash of the toilet water which is a free sample with a previous order, smells wonderful.

Third outing of the Rockwell/Rapira combo. I decided to hedge my bets by Lathering with MWF. I also adjusted the angle of the dangle for the Rockwell. OK, but not a goer in the long-term. If I was happy with this level of irritation I’d use my cartridge razor all the time. I’m going to give the Rapiras a miss and try out a few other blades from my murky shaving past.

Watch this space…

IMG_0117.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom