SOTD : Saturday 30th March - Friday 5th April. 2019.

Mikes Pine & Cedarwood
Druida Seven Truestone Ebony
Blackbird OC Polished
Esencia Loewe Balm
Esencia Loewe Edt

Regards
315d6cdd5b70060b867d0168f14a3533.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

31 March

Fine Platinum
Plisson size 12 synthetic
Parker Variant (3)
Gillette Nacet
Fine Platinum asl

Another fine Sunday shave. The lather was excellent with the Plisson synthetic and the Parker Variant, with the same blade as yesterday, performed perfectly. In comparison to the Merkur Progress the Parker, with it's thicker top cap, held on to heat better. Otherwise, they are very similar, they both give a comfortable, close shave. I like them both.

Not completely in the middle of the puck, the whole edge around the MWF is completely curved. The most fantastic part about MWF is the whole puck is completely moist, and has made my lather 100 times easier, extra creamy slick lather and I'm worried about the puck drying out again.

It's definitely a hard soap
I rarely use mine as I live in a very hard water area, and I have too much choice of soaps/creams in my den
I don't think I have what it takes to use one soap for a whole month - I salute you for doing so

My simple "superlather" ratio technique is the following..note* i've only tried it with williams mug shaving soap, which gives superb results.

1. First i soak the williams soap in hot tap water (completely submerged) for 10-15 minutes in a old tin mug, or a bowl which ever i reach for.
  2. next i pour the water out, i then take my damp boar brush and load it up for a minute or so until the brush is loaded up.
  3. After that i put a almond size dollop of shaving cream 'Palmolive is a personal fave' into my mixing bowl, followed by 6-8 drops of glycerin + a few drops of water.
4.I then start mixing my loaded up brush with the shaving cream & glycerin, adding more water to the superlather until i get it to the consistency which i like..The glycerin is the magic ingredient of the Uber/superlather...Give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I Buy my glycerin from boots..The link : https://www.boots.com/value-health-glycerin-b-p-200ml-10021858
wonderful stuff, at a very reasonable price.

Regards. B
Superlather trial!!
OSP Spice road, started off in bowl,
Almond size dollop of body shop maca root shave cream
3 drops tea tree oil for binding (no glycerine yet)
Add water as needed
Boom!!!!
More water and work it in.
Repeat

Cannot wait to get this on my chin, luxurious to the touch.

Successful???

Sun 31st March

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2 band
P & B Citrus Royale
ER "Streamline "
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

After a couple of DE Shaves, it is good to feel the rigid SE as it goes to work , IMHO a far more forgiving blade. I really learnt my SE shaving on the Streamline as I preferred its weight to that of a 1912 , as my DE Razors were on the heavy side being Merkur Futur or Progress. Today a nice smooth Shave with a good all round finish.

Superlather trial!!
OSP Spice road, started off in bowl,
Almond size dollop of body shop maca root shave cream
3 drops tea tree oil for binding (no glycerine yet)
Add water as needed
Boom!!!!
View attachment 42405
More water and work it in.
View attachment 42406
Repeat
View attachment 42407

Cannot wait to get this on my chin, luxurious to the touch.

Successful???
Superb Result!:love:...I'll have to give the body shop maca root shave cream a go with the Williams, Love the maca root shave cream.

Pre Shave: Shower, hot cloth, Highgrove Pre Shave Cream.
Brush: Hawkins & Brimble synthetic.
Bowl: Ted Baker Ceramic.
Soap/Cream: Hawkins & Brimble Elemi & Ginseng
Razor: Gillette Tech Aluminium Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword #5
Post Shave: Cold water Rinse, Nivea 2 phase aftershave lotion, 4711 Cologne EDT.

My very first use if the Gillette Tech.
Very happy with the results even using Wilkinson Sword blade on the 5th use.

31/3/19

Soap - Palmolive Cream
Brush - Zenith B07
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Post - Witch Hazel/RSC Balm
AS - Ben's Bay Rum

My most neglected brush is the Zenith B07 I own, I find it with it's bleached bristles to be too floppy and a struggle to create a decent lather. Today I decided to give it another go and with a slight adjustment to how I used it. Prior today I'd always used the brush for hard soaps/croaps but went for a cream today, and loaded possibly twice as much as I would for a synth and whilst lathering I made an effort to just use the tips of the brush. The slight adjustments seemed to go favourably and the lather was one of the better ones created with the brush. The shave itself was pretty good after that.

Back
Top Bottom