SOTD : Saturday 30th March - Friday 5th April. 2019.

This weekend shaves. I'm simply a lover of dense silvertip brushes for facelathering BTW....

Regards
e9fc17c09ccac36ca6398a430300aaec.jpg
fadaebe496c30480bbf77b62dfcc7bb7.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Razorock Game Changer 0.84
Polsilver
Super Dense Manchurian Finest 'The Void'
Declaration Grooming Colonia Balsamic
Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamic Aftershave Toner
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta EDC

First outing of the Super Dense Manchurian Finest knot set by James @Acer89 . Although James said it would need 30 plus uses before it was broken in, it hit the ground running.
From the off it created copious amounts of lather with amazing face feel and loads of flow through. Very, very impressed.

Have a great week Gents.

Cheers
Rob

Cold water rinse
Plisson HMW12
R41 V3 on EJ Chatsworth handle
Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Musgo Real shaving soap in metal bowl
Musgo Real Classic Scent AS
The Great British Grooming Co. beard balm as hair pomade
Aramis Tuscany UOMO EdT

35406389of.jpg

The Plisson is the boss among my shaving brushes. All the soaps have that much respect for the HMW12, that the lathering is done by itself.

The same with the R41. It shaves that efficient, that the skin is 'squeaking' when you touch it, as a member on the German forums put it nicely.

The Rapira SS seemed a little sharper today and as mild as yesterday. It's performing really good so far.

The Musgo Real shaving soap is a nice performer. The scent is great and the same as the classic AS. But I have admittedly bought it only because of its most beautiful metal bowl. It is just a looker.

Last edited:
Superb Result!:love:...I'll have to give the body shop maca root shave cream a go with the Williams, Love the maca root shave cream.
Thank you again B, this will be my lather routine from now on, For tired, or soaps I don't care for I will add some fragrance oils to the mix with glycerine oil to the sum of 8 drops. The aroma that came from my tea tree trial was outstanding.
Tony

Thank you again B, this will be my lather routine from now on, For tired, or soaps I don't care for I will add some fragrance oils to the mix with glycerine oil to the sum of 8 drops. The aroma that came from my tea tree trial was outstanding.
Tony
I'll give the addition of the tea tree oil, and other essential oils I have a try with my future mixtures. It's trial and error sometimes, but this has been a success. Enjoy your next 'Tony's superlather recipe trial'.
Regards. B

Sunday SOTD

YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
RazoRock Puros (sample)
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Voskhod (3)
Vitos Tobacco Aftershave

I decided today that three day's growth of mostly grey/white whiskers wasn't at all flattering. So, cold sores or not I had to shave.
The only sensible option was to leave the goatee and 'tache areas unshaven.

The Puros soap and Vitos aftershave were very kindly gifted to me by @Digimonkey - thank you Iain.
They both performed very well.
The soap was very easily whipped into a thick, creamy lather that provided excellent protection with a nice scent.
The Vitos aftershave was a pleasure to use too. No tingle when applied, (maybe no alcohol content?). It provides a good post shave feel and the scent lingers nicely.

Back
Top Bottom