SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

03/11/2021
@Digimonkey @Paul L

Razor: Classic Cobra
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: Boti Captain 28mm
Soap: OSP Neroli

IMG_20211103_155638.jpg

The stainless slither of death arrived at my house yesterday. The fearsome reputation of this razor was at the forefront of my mind as I picked the supporting cast to test it. 'Perhaps I should shave with something else' I thought. No - I need to prove to the chaps that I've got my big boy pants on. Let the fight commence.

Nft Cobra GIF by Digital Pratik

What a pleasant surprise. I was able to use the Cobra like all my other AC SE razors. Felt nice in the hand and was comfortable to use. I'd go so far as to say that I think the Cobra provides a more comfortable shave than the Vector.

Today I became a man.

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

03/11/2021
@Digimonkey @Paul L

Razor: Classic Cobra
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: Boti Captain 28mm
Soap: OSP Neroli

View attachment 79450

The stainless slither of death arrived at my house yesterday. The fearsome reputation of this razor was at the forefront of my mind as I picked the supporting cast to test it. 'Perhaps I should shave with something else' I thought. No - I need to prove to the chaps that I've got my big boy pants on. Let the fight commence.

Nft Cobra GIF by Digital Pratik

What a pleasant surprise. I was able to use the Cobra like all my other AC SE razors. Felt nice in the hand and was comfortable to use. I'd go so far as to say that I think the Cobra provides a more comfortable shave than the Vector.

Today I became a man.

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF
I bought mine early in my shaving career and struggled initially. It was only when I introduced the Proline that things clicked for me.

What a pleasant surprise.
Walk tall C. - walk tall. ;) I did try to tell you they weren't half as bad as people say. Now you know.

@culcreuch
bought mine early in my shaving career and struggled initially
Me too - I simply wasn't competent enough for a few years - it was at the back of the den for quite a while. Very happily rediscovered - I really enjoy using it now.

I.

Walk tall C. - walk tall. ;) I did try to tell you they weren't half as bad as people say. Now you know.

@culcreuch

Me too - I simply wasn't competent enough for a few years - it was at the back of the den for quite a while. Very happily rediscovered - I really enjoy using it now.

I.
One of the reasons I have never sold a razor. I so much enjoy rediscovery!

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 3 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Ariana & Evans Cashmere Velvet
Lotion = Barts Balms = Ben Macdui
Balm = Ariana & Evans Cashmere Velvet
3D3E2845-CB67-4A57-94B2-6D83544745D3.jpegWell Well Well
so much for me not shaving today
Well what a difference a day makes.
After having one of the worst shaves in history yesterday i decided not to have one today.
However the wife was watching :poop: on the tele as usual i decided to go for it.
This is the shave i should have yesterday
A straight 10/10
Absolute Class bbs with no feedback on the alum.
I don’t use alum to often as i feel it dries my skin to much but after yesterday’s episode it was on standby.
Honestly this shave is a reminder of why i do it.

Stay Safe Folks.

52816C75-8C44-4E45-A975-4AD9A0A5FD80.jpeg

SOTD: 03/11/2021

Prep: Shower and Baxter’s of California Face Scrub.
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: AkkaWoodnResin Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi Green Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A bit of a pick and mix shave that worked very well. The Twig is my go to in a rush razor, it’s got all the convenience of a cartridge razor but efficiency of a de/se razor. The Yaqi/Master Soap Creations was a delight I wish they did a matching splash.
I’ve a small mountain of software arriving but this will survive the coming cull!

2nd November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #30
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

4th November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #30
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 3 of 9
41195-paragon.jpg

Welcome, welcome, welcome, to the chosen theme for this evening's shaving frolics, 'Turkish delight'

20211103_182952.jpg

Turkish barber - Rocnel Elite 2.1
Turkish kebab - Dorco Prime (100% of it)
Turkish bath - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Turkish oil wrestling- Signature Soaps Londinium
Taken 2 - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

A first time out for the new Rocnel and may as well start by saying what a most wonderfully engineered piece of bristle removing machine it is.

Certainly quite a hefty lump (like its owner) and physically on the larger side (again that owner and like thing), but without being stupidly oversized (unlike its owner). It is always rather a good sign when everything fits perfectly together with no play and this is no exception. Owning their SE-P razor, engineering quality is something Rocnel appear to take seriously. To this extent the the fit and finish are exemplary.

Being impressed by the way the SE-P performs with 0.493763% of a Dorco Prime blade I thought it would be a good starting point. And a nice change not having to break one down in to partial bits of a DE blade and potentially remove finger tips at the same time. A whole Dorco blade? A new one to me.

I may have other Soaps I rate highly and love but when it comes down to reliability and guaranteed performance the Signature Londinium and the Whiskey Barrel brush are a hard act to beat. I wait patiently for the Wicstun.

The first things which hits home is that despite not having a massive amount of blade exposure there are early warning signs this Rocnel requires care and attention. So care and attention it gets. The other noticeable thing is this has to be the loudest razor I have met to date. The feedback is tremendous and it chatters away more than my granddaughter Zuzu who just prattles non stop (granddad?). It is probably giving feedback in Turkish and I would love to know what it is saying in that case. Probably something down the road of 'You big ugly fucker'. Nothing I didn't know then?

What a super smooth performer though, shifting surplus facial hair like there is no tomorrow and doing a damn fine job at that. The Dorco giving a rather damn fine showing and one to note for the future.

Three full passes (please note no masonic secretive fourth pass here) to one sublime finish. A finish as smooth as the Elite was in use.

Happy bunnyism of the first order

1635975909836.png

And you can have the same as last night and some more of those Aldious girls. Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi

Back
Top Bottom