SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

Thursday 5th OCtober 2017

SOTD 5th OCt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Windrose OC Slant head + Windrose handle
Blade: NOS Gillette Blue Extra 1963 (#3)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Soap: Wickham Russian Leather
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm.

First shave with the Windrose OC Slant, for a first shave it did a good job, but I think it may have more potential. The shave was smooth and close but it did take 3 passes and I found by pass 3 that I was actually applying a bit of pressure. The result was fine no irritation, no nicks or weepers despite the added pressure. The handle feels really good, great grip and the sharp looking edges don't feel it, it's a nice weight too.

20171005_212042-jpg.18544

Razor: Gillette Tech
Razor blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Valobra (sample)

A big thank you to James AKA @Rohleder for very kindly sending me the soap and aftershave balm samples.

I'd seen the Valobra soaps get rave reports so I was intrigued to see what all the fuss was about.
I didn't have any issues with it and it did improved with each pass but I wasn't blown away with it TBH. Sorry James.

The Tech performed well as per usual and gave me a comfortable shave.
I finished off with the Cade aftershave balm and (you'll be relieved to hear) I was impressed.
Nice subtle scent and the balm was a thicker consistency to balms I've used in the past. Its taken a little while to absorb but I'm now left with a good face feel.

Thanks again to James for thinking of me. You are a Gent.

This one goes out to @Floid_Maniac ;)

Laters
Rob

Thursday 5th OCtober 2017

View attachment 29723

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Windrose OC Slant head + Windrose handle
Blade: NOS Gillette Blue Extra 1963 (#3)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Soap: Wickham Russian Leather
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm.

First shave with the Windrose OC Slant, for a first shave it did a good job, but I think it may have more potential. The shave was smooth and close but it did take 3 passes and I found by pass 3 that I was actually applying a bit of pressure. The result was fine no irritation, no nicks or weepers despite the added pressure. The handle feels really good, great grip and the sharp looking edges don't feel it, it's a nice weight too.

That's a nice looking razor you have, lovely pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big thank you to James AKA @Rohleder for very kindly sending me the soap and aftershave balm samples.

I'd seen the Valobra soaps get rave reports so I was intrigued to see what all the fuss was about.
I didn't have any issues with it and it did improved with each pass but I wasn't blown away with it TBH. Sorry James.

I finished off with the Cade aftershave balm and (you'll be relieved to hear) I was impressed.
Nice subtle scent and the balm was a thicker consistency to balms I've used in the past. Its taken a little while to absorb but I'm now left with a good face feel.

Laters
Rob
I love the way you say it as it is Rob.
At the end of the day, that is what its all about.

On another note I see that you did not mention the Zenith in your review.
Does it mean you are not in love with it? ;)

Just asking! :D

I love the way you say it as it is Rob.
At the end of the day, that is what its all about.

On another note I see that you did not mention the Zenith in your review.
Does it mean you are not in love with it? ;)

Just asking! :D

Thanks Wayne. I don't see the point in lying about it. It doesn't do anyone any favours.

I have to say I'm loving the Cade balm. I probably did use a little too much so it took a little while to absorb but know my face feels great!

As for the Zenith Brush. I really rate it.

Thanks Wayne. I don't see the point in lying about it. It doesn't do anyone any favours.

I have to say I'm loving the Cade balm. I probably did use a little too much so it took a little while to absorb but know my face feels great!

As for the Zenith Brush. I really rate it.
I have the soap and the EDT but the balm is another product on my "wish list!"

How much do you hate the Zenith may I ask? .............and why?;)

I have the soap and the EDT but the balm is another product on my "wish list!"

How much do you hate the Zenith may I ask? .............and why?;)

It's very difficult to quantify how much I rate it.
The biggest compliment I can give it is I chose it over a shavemac, which I was due to use in my rotation.

It's very dense with excellent backbone and has always created a decent lather what ever I used.

Last edited:
It's very difficult to quantify how much I rate.
The biggest compliment I can give it is I chose it over a shavemac I was due to use in my rotation.

It's very dense with excellent backbone and has always created a decent lather what ever I used.
Thanks for sharing Rob.
I love the colour of the handle and the design. :)

I am awaiting the arrival of a Epison horse hair brush. It will be my first time with a horse. (Take that as you will. :D)

I have also received another special brush today. ;)
You know what I mean Harry. :)
Take care,
Wayne.

Laters
Rob
Thank`s mate. :D

Back
Top Bottom