SOTD : Saturday 31st March - Friday 6th April 2018.

Thur 5th April

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super red
Supply Se- V2 no3 Plate
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

The Supply is unlikely to become my favourite Injector, provides a smooth and comfortable Shave
with a fairly good overall finish without fuss. I have others of a far greater Vintage which are as easy to shave with and get a better finish, also without hassle.

IMG_0047.jpg

D8d6LFEh.jpg

Morning Coffee after a nice relaxing shave while enjoying the Florida sunshine, is the perfect start to the day!

Brush: Vie-Long 14846 Horse/Badger
Soap: WK Man From Mayfair
Razor: ER Streamline
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, WK Man From Mayfair AST
IMG_20180405_164600.jpg

Having been impressed with Wholly Kaw's vegan soap I was really looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint.
It's definitely one of the best soaps I've tried, my only grumble is, it's a bit heavily scented for me.
I really like the scent but just a tad strong, easily to live with when you consider the performance and post shave.
It's a very thirsty soap and easy to overload your brush but once dialed in the rewards are excellent.
The Toner is also great, as a balm would have been overkill on the nourishment front.
I must be impressed, the Streamline didn't get a mention until now.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Last edited:
La Toja Stick
RazoRock 400
R41 Voskhod (1)
Lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
Calvin Klein Eternity Summer EdT

My first shave with an R41. Thanks to @Rohleder . Certainly a very different ball game from my usual Rockwell/Merkur razors.
Blade feel was very apparent from the off, I was a little fearful at first but confidence grew. Although the shave did take a little longer than usual.
Finished with Eternity Summer EdT. Well, the sun did shine today !

Last edited:
My first attempt at an illustrated SOTD - if I don't improve my photography skills fast it may be my last!
View attachment 34581

Today's shave has been brought to you mainly through the generosity of others - the brush and soap came from a @Shaving Station giveaway, and the razor was a gift from my brother. The only thing I had to pay for was the blade.

Brush:Omega S10083
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Wild Woods
Razor: Parker 99R
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)

Despite starting with an over-wet brush, the soap lathered up very quickly, and was lovely and slick. The scent is very masculine, perhaps more so than I would choose myself, but what lingers after the shave is very pleasant.

I don't always feel what this razor is doing even with canned goo, so with a proper soap it's like shaving with a cloud. Apart from the inevitable nick - I really need to raise my game with this one.

Happy (and safe!) shaving, everyone.

I think you did a wonderful job with the SOTD photo. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upload_2018-4-6_7-12-17.png

Thanks everyone for their kind words. I seem to have no excuses not to continue with the photos (although I can't promise to be organised enough every morning!).

Brush: Omega S10083
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Wild Woods
Razor: Vigshaving combination head (safety bar side) on RazoRock bamboo SS handle
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (3)

Shiny seems to be the theme for today's shave. This new razor head arrived earlier this week, so I've put the beast that is the Parker 99R to one side for a bit. Next to that today's razor feels almost toy-like.

The Vigshaving didn't seem to glide as easily as the Parker, but the shave was at least as good, and at least I can fit the damn thing under my nose! The glide may have been impaired by my not taking the time to build a proper lather, of course. I look forward to becoming better acquainted with this razor in the coming weeks.

Happy shaving, all.

Back
Top Bottom