SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

SOTD_20180304-973x1024.jpg

• Safety Razor: Maggard Razors - MR14 - Standard Head
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Black Ship Grooming Co. - 28mm Whaler - Schooner Color (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Meißner Tremonia - Indian Flavour
  • After-Shave: Nivea - Balm

SOTD 040318
SOTD 040318 4.jpg

Blade: Feather #1
Razor: Gibbs #15 adjustable (On Loan)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest
Soap: P&B Imperial rum
Splash: Meissner Natural Bay Rum

Every time I use this razor it puts a big smile on my face.
I tried it today with a Feather and had two trouble free passes to leave me irritation free and BBS.

You cant beat a bit of bay rum for a relaxing Sunday shave.

Enjoy yours! :)

Shave of the day, Sunday 04 March 2018

Pre-shave - Warm shower, face wash Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap, followed by warm water splash and Murdock Pre-shave Oil.
Cream - Musgo Real Orange Amber.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic.
Bowl - Via Barberia.
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM PTFE (day 4).
Post shave - Myrsol After Shave Balsamic Water.

I filed off the corners of the GEM blade with a hone stone, then loaded up the Rocnel. I had used the GEM blade in the Sabre L1 and decided to transfer it across.

A very efficient 2 pass shave, WTG and XTG on the face, with a WTG and ATG on the neck. Its been a while since I have shaved with the Rocnel SE-G and it felt good to use this again. My only beef is having been scratched using the Rocnel before, that grinding down the corners of the GEM blade has for me, become a necessary preparatory step.

The blade feel felt slightly scratchy, so much so I binned the blade after the shave - however, skin felt good after the shave with no issues.

A very efficient razor, and easy to find and maintain the blade angle.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
20180304_133946-jpg.25809

Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Personna SS
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère

First shave since Tuesday evening. Went with the Clog Pruf and it was more than up to the challenge. Assertive, efficient but never aggressive.

The Zenith Manchurian is a fantastic brush. A little stubby but not rough. It works up a lather easily and holds loads in the brush but doesn't hog the lather. Not an esy trick to pull off.

The MDC is now my go-to soap and one I can use shave after shave and never get bored. Worth every penny.

Hope you all managed to get through the last week in one piece.

Have a good week gents.
Cheers
Rob

Sun 4th Mar
Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active Soap
ES Claymore V1 + Windrose Handle
Schick Proline ( 12 )
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Since changing handles on The Claymore I think that I am more assured in my handling of the Razor, as a result am getting better Shaves.
Today with a nice lather I enjoyed a very pleasant Sunday morning Shave, with a great finish. In fact though the blade is on its 12th outing, the quality of finish is up there with those with the Mongoose/ATT SE1.

IMG_0014.jpg

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash
Cella Crema Da Barba
Semogue Owners Club Cherry Boar
Little Wren Pottery
Muhle r41 (on loan)
Gillette Nacet (1)
Aqua Velva Aftershave

It's been too long since I have used the Cella. What a superb cream. It provided the platform for another cracking shave with the r41. I suppose it's inevitable that some smoothness is sacrificed with that much blade exposure. But I'm BB smooth after two passes. I will certainly be adding this razor to my stable. Thanks once again Kevin (@Boru62).

Great scent from the aftershave. Really fresh yet masculine at the same time. Later in the year I'm going to try a different Floid Blue recreation though I am very happy with Razorock's interpretation!

Evening mate - If you like this sort of thing - and you haven't tried already - I might recommend Myrsol Blue - I've yet to meet a splash made by them that wasn't excellent. Also in the same ballpark is Williams Aqua Velva. The latter is cheap as chips and performs - for me - way beyond its price point. Both are easily available from UK suppliers - yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom