SOTD Saturday 3rd September - Friday 9th September

View attachment 20628 SOTD Thursday 8th September 2016 Good morning one and all.

Thanks for the soap and blade used in today's shave @Blackmass .

Prep..shower with MWF soap
Pre..bloom water
Razor..Hone type 15
Blade..pol silver #1
Brush..Kent BK8
Soap...P&B Spitfire
Post..Thayers AF WH
EDP..Obsession by Celvin Kline

A great razor and blade coupled with a great soap can only give you a great shave. It was.

Wishing you all a tremendous Thursday. Over and out.

My pleasure.:D Glad the soap and blade worked out for you. :) What are your thoughts on the Polsilver blade in the Hone compared to the others you've tried? Also do you rate the Fine mixing bowl?

Cheers
Rob

SOTD: 8th September 2016.
Thursday Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Cien Green Kick shower Gel & Shampoo. / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 98R.
  • Blade: polsilver Super Iridium. (2)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Cream:Groomed shave Cream. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel/ Groomed Post Shave Balm.
  • I've mentioned in my previous posts before that on a scale of 1-10 my shave's are normally between 8-9, but today after three passes+ pick up's it was a 10!:)..probably one of the best shave's so far since i started DE shaving in April 2016...ive used the same set up a few times and always had good results, but today's shave was a sublime silky smooth shave with no irritation at all what more can i ask for..Enjoy your day gentlemen. :cool:

My pleasure.:D Glad the soap and blade worked out for you. :) What are your thoughts on the Polsilver blade in the Hone compared to the others you've tried? Also do you rate the Fine mixing bowl?

Cheers
Rob
The blade was as good as I find the Astra SPs, good.
The Fine lathering bowl is very good however it has a very fine edge on the top rim and I have put a very small chip in it though use, omega make a lovely lathering bowl with thicker edges so I may buy that at some point. If you buy the fine bowl just be careful not to knock the edge on anything!
Have a nice day Rob. Ps the soap was fab, love it!

SOTD: 8th September 2016.
View attachment 20630
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Cien Green Kick shower Gel & Shampoo. / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 98R.
  • Blade: polsilver Super Iridium. (2)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Cream:Groomed shave Cream. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel/ Groomed Post Shave Balm.
  • I've mentioned in my previous posts before that on a scale of 1-10 my shave's are normally between 8-9, but today after three passes+ pick up's it was a 10!:)..probably one of the best shave's so far since i started DE shaving in April 2016...ive used the same set up a few times and always had good results, but today's shave was a sublime silky smooth shave with no irritation at all what more can i ask for..Enjoy your day gentlemen. :cool:
A 10, well done.

Bang, bang!...
For breakfast this morning I had boiled eggs and chunky soldiers of Tiger bread toast...

The shave:
Pre: Glyce soap wash / Myrsol Emulsion
Shave: Saponificio Varesino "COSMO" soap / Cadman Custom Burki Bell / 34cHD + Voskhod (3)
Post: Coal Tar soap wash / Cold water rinse + alum / Saponificio Varesino "COSMO" After Shave Lotion

shave.jpg

The lotion has the constituency of a shaving 'milk'...somewhere between a splash and a balm...very nice. The soap is excellent...again a hard soap that yields well to the hot water soak, letting you load a brush once easily for several passes.

Enjoy your day folks!:)

I have just looked at this EDP on line and I must say it sounds great, I may have to buy a bottle. Thank you.
Greetings

A slight caution; like the others in the Miller Harris range it is short lived, I put that fragrance on this morning at 0800hrs, it is now 1125 and it's virtually gone, so not much in the way of longevity and they are EDP's not EDT's so that makes it even more disappointing.

Regards
Dick.

Greetings

A slight caution; like the others in the Miller Harris range it is short lived, I put that fragrance on this morning at 0800hrs, it is now 1125 and it's virtually gone, so not much in the way of longevity and they are EDP's not EDT's so that makes it even more disappointing.

Regards
Dick.
Thank you, yes that does seem quite a short amount of time for an EDP in that price range. Maybe I will get a tester before I buy the 100 ml bottle.

Felicitations Folks

For your consideration (should you wish)
Pre: Bulldog face wash and Proraso M&E pre-shave cream
Soap: The Fat
Brush: Semogue 1520
Razor: Pre-War Gillette Fat HandleTech (USA)
Blade: Astra SP #4
Face Lather, cold water etc.
Smell: Dior Eau Sauvage edt
Music: Victoria Officium Defunctorum (Gabrieli Consort, McCreesh)

Last outing for the Astra. Great blade; and works well with the Tech and will combine again. Lovely post-shave feel with the Fat. I'll have to broaden a bit though; therefore OSP Fougere and Haslinger Honey are en route; so I look forward to comparing.

Be well, y'all.

Stephen

20160908_125004.jpg

DSC_0346_zpsqpkwx6pq.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Kropp Hamburg Full Hollow 6/8th
Kent BK2 Pure Badger
LEA Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Today with My Sheffield Steel Kropp 6/8th..Darn Fine SRs these Kropps..Its a Very Keen Shaver & Very Comfortable..A Real Smashing Shave this Morning..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Thursday 8th
OSP Eucalyptus, Tea Tree & Menthol
Virginia Sheng Purtech
Rocnel SE on 'D1' S/S handle
½ Personna Lab Blue #2
Alum > Alcolado Glacial
Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm
Al Rehab - Al Fares Perfume oil
IMG_20160906_220724.jpg

Cooling was required in this unusually hot/humid weather. Ably supplied by the soap, splash and balm. Brrrrrr!

Hope you enjoy your shaves as much.

Back
Top Bottom