SOTD : Saturday 3th - Friday 9th August 2019

Tuesday 6th August
Alpha T400 - AoS 'Kingsman' cream - Schick G1 - Schick Proline B #3 - Alum - Irisch Moos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel - Irisch Moos EDT
gzbF7lV.jpg

6/8/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - 3P
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - 7OC Yellow (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice (Indian)

The 7 Yellow was one of the first blades I bought when I first got into DE shaving, and I used a few to begin with but found it far too sharp, and unforgiving, and it lead to shaves that weren't the greatest.
Now with better technique, and a few more razors including a FHT, which is a very mild razor head, I think I'm a little better at using the blade for good results and I think previous failures using the blade might have also been down to pairing the blade with a razor head with a bit too much exposure. It's a superb blade, very smooth but very sharp - one of PPI's Gillette's very best.
Even though the 3P was a touch over hydrated, it still managed to have a decent amount of cushion for the first pass and enough slickness for the other passes to allow the FHT & 7 Yellow to glide over my face and there was almost no burn when I put on the OS splash, generally a sign the shave went as well as it could have done and I was surprised at how smooth my face felt. A superb shave.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good day.

Love that you're using two very polarising fragrances, Wright's has been a favourite from childhood, and I love Arko's scent too.

I used Wright's in my teenage 'zitty' years; only started using in again recently with wet shaving. I'm not sure whether the Arko and me will last; ts not the smell - so far my skin feels dry after using it.

All the best,

Chris

Needed something quick today but wanted to try Southern Witchcrafts Peach which is a new one that arrived with a bunch of Stirling soaps. The scent is Peach but with a very subdued dirt like mix to it. Not a super sweet peach scent but a different take and quite nice. All vegan and a very slick soap, not too thirsty. Great cushion and a pleasure to use.

Razor of the day was the Merkur 45 which is a a great little razor which compared to the Mergress earlier in the week, feels like a toothpick in hand. Light. Still a great razor. Loaded up with a Gillette Wilkinson Sword and went to work.

Lovely two pass DFS and ready to start the day and the chores. Have a lovely week all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 45
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India)
Brush: APShave Co. 28mm Flat Top
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Peach
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Peach
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
BE3C7EE1-5371-4E65-B1A5-900136A2A159.jpeg

06/08/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 39C slant "Sledgehammer"
Blade: Timor (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Rosemary & Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
A/S: Old Spice Original/ Copycat SMW

39C Chub 2 CRS.jpg

A nice 3 pass shave today, well 2 passes WTG & ATG and then a gentle buffing pass.
More than enough Lather from the CRS and Chubby 2 Synth in the newly acquired Stephen Llewellyn bowl.
The blade still working well with the audio feedback on the ATG pass without any hint of pulling or tugging and it is still leaving me with a comfortable face, therefore, another run out tomorrow.
Nothing from the block and a lovely post shave routine.
The Bart's Balm sample of Rosemary and Sandalwood used up, It is one of the scents I have full bottles of the balm and lotion to go at, again, I have a bit left of the lotion sample, so, I seem to get more mileage from the lotion, all lovely stuff.
A splash of Old Spice Original and then I noticed the CC SMW sample was nearly finished so that went on a bit later, all very nice.
A DFS+ result as on closer inspection I have some slight bristles under the chin which I have missed.
A very acceptable finish, feeling comfortable and smelling bloody wonderful.
Question:-
Can better technique extend razor blade lifespan or does it just suit this razor as I was only expecting 3 shaves from the Timor blade?
Have a great evening All

Back
Top Bottom