SOTD: Saturday 4 May - Friday 10 May 2024.

9 May

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Simpson Chubby 2
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Treet Platinum
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

ECC2858A-D71C-4BFE-B1A1-1CEE3B70E422.jpeg
A very good shave this morning. An excellent and easy lather from the Capra Deva soap and a smooth and comfortable shave with the Ikon open comb razor. I think this is the first time I have used a Treet blade in the Ikon and they paired very well.

Thur 9th May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Monsavon au lait soap
Asylum Injector
Schick S/S - Japan ( 7 )
Pitralon Polar A/S lotion.

A much nicer Shave than expected, I am really pleased that I purchased the Asylum as I am getting hassle free Shaves with it.
Wonder if this weather will hold out for the Weekend, as I am most likely to be Officiating on Sunday.

IMG_1005.jpeg

Thursday 9 May
Having successfully tried one on loan from @LeeMaz and then with the kind help of TSR folk I am now the proud owner of an Occams OREN.
Today tried a Kai Captain mild (blue) but didn’t feel it was cutting consistently so it required a fair bit of pick up to get to bbs. Maybe that’s why it’s labelled mild? Used Spanish Leather shave cream for the first time, what a captivating scent! Thanks for recommending it @Mike Smart (y) now a favourite.
Have a great day fellas! Summer is upon us :eek:

IMG_0593.jpeg

Thur 9th May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Monsavon au lait soap
Asylum Injector
Schick S/S - Japan ( 7 )
Pitralon Polar A/S lotion.

A much nicer Shave than expected, I am really pleased that I purchased the Asylum as I am getting hassle free Shaves with it.
Wonder if this weather will hold out for the Weekend, as I am most likely to be Officiating on Sunday.

View attachment 120227
+ 1 on the Monsavon au lait, one of my favourite shaving soaps. :love:

09/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Monsavon Bol à Raser
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE86BL
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 19 (6).jpg
Another vote for the Monsavon au lait. A really good soap for the money.
The EJ / med prep pairing doing everything it should. A real smooth shave today.
Enjoy your day all.

Thursday 9 May
Having successfully tried one on loan from @LeeMaz and then with the kind help of TSR folk I am now the proud owner of an Occams OREN.
Today tried a Kai Captain mild (blue) but didn’t feel it was cutting consistently so it required a fair bit of pick up to get to bbs. Maybe that’s why it’s labelled mild? Used Spanish Leather shave cream for the first time, what a captivating scent! Thanks for recommending it @Mike Smart (y) now a favourite.
Have a great day fellas! Summer is upon us :eek:

View attachment 120229
Welcome to the Oren owners club.

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Tabac soap stick
SOC Cherrywood boar
Gibbs 15 adjustable
Astra SS #1 notched
Myersol Acqua Balsamica AS

Smashing shave after getting out of bed off night shift, giving the great little French adjustable a run in a setting of 4 for both passes finished with a splash of the Spanish aftershave. Sunny afternoon so will mow the lawn and water.

2024-05-09-14-57-01-657~2.jpg
brought the passaround fatboy back out for another turn last week since no one has claimed it yet. had another six fantastic shaves on setting 5. really like the heavy brass weight of it.

gave the tobacco oud sample another try and really regretted it. same result as last time. it smells so good in the tub so I wanted it to work but the scent strength is weak lathered and I couldn't get a decent lather from it. it was thin and runny and snowflake dry at the same time. maybe using loads of product would make it usable but I only took a tiny scraping since it's a sample tub. I ended up switching to palmolive cream to finish the shave.

I liked bad santa a lot so might get a tub of that or try some other tobacco soaps but I wouldn't recommend highland springs soap company based on this.

all cleaned and sanitised again and packed back in it's wee box for the next guy. any takers yet?
2024-05-09-14-23-54-883.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom