SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

Pre = Pears Soap
Razor = La Criatura By PAA
Blade = Lancet ( 2 )
Brush = PAA’s Peregrino
Cream = Castle Forbes Lime with matching Balm
Splash = Skin Bracer
A0CE6450-1B37-4905-B159-8957F254C383.jpegi have to say i’m getting used to not working & shaving everyday.
I seem to be getting away with a 3 pass shave unless the razor is aggressive.
Today was a fantastic 3 pass shave.
Originally i bought this Razor as a bit of a gimmick but it’s far from it.
The more i use it the more i enjoy it to the fact where iv got more incoming.
The Cream is definitely my favourite in terms of creams and one of the few i’ll renew.
The hardest part of my day just now is deciding what to use lol
Stay Safe Lads

Nice green theme you got going there Mike.

What's the craic with slants? I saw that green one from PAA and a few other colours. It's interesting how some like heavy materials and others prefer light, alu vs brass vs stainless or Bakelite etc) or head vs handle balance etc. I get the OC vs closed/guard bar but have not tried (or understood the rationale behind) slants. What do they do differently?

What's the craic with slants? I saw that green one from PAA and a few other colours. It's interesting how some like heavy materials and others prefer light, alu vs brass vs stainless or Bakelite etc) or head vs handle balance etc. I get the OC vs closed/guard bar but have not tried (or understood the rationale behind) slants. What do they do differently?
Hi mate i think the slants i have used are fantastic,
Mind you iv only used plastic & Bakelite.
The theory is if you cut something at a slant you cut through it easier and for me it definitely works. The Coloured plastics are
PAA’s take on the Vintage Fasan and to me they are very similar although not in terms of value.
As i said in the sotd i originally bought this green one as a gimmick but it’s definitely turned in to a great razor.
I think i’ll try get myself a decent stainless slant if i can.

Have a look at this.
it explains them to a certain degree

Micromatic Mon 6 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Malibu-New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 7th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot & Lavender + HA + Yaqi Malibu Splash-New 1st Use
The soap lather is very good, creamy, and slick but the scent is abit light for me...mildly pleasant...hmmm...like barbershop...
A good shave with the razor paired with the blade. Uneventful, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish. The matching aftershave was much better with a stronger nicer scent and felt good...
20211206_090956.jpg

I'm still going with the Ever-Ready 1912 and the gem blade.
Each time I've used it since the blades arrived, I've had a great shave, today was no different, just the soap and matching scent (sample).
I think I may start to rotate, but every since watching the old Gillette adverts that I saw a few months ago, I keep sticking with one razor and blade until I'm done with it - don't want to be a bad blade handler, dropperer, or whatever other terms they used in the infomercial.
Decent start to the work week though.

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_091646__01.jpg
    IMG_20211206_091646__01.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 2
Monday 6th December
RazoRock Plissoft - Speick Stick - General Steel - Feather Pro #3 - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
Ejpajcn.jpg

03 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

06 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith: Pandemonium ebook 9 of 9
13023324.jpg

Monday DecemBOAR 6, 2021
Razor: Gem Damaskeene
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Spartan Special/Zenith Boar
Soap: Stirling Faskally
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1125

What a great shave with the Damaskeene and a Gem SS Blade. Smooth and irritation free magnificence. The new release by Rod, Faskally is a perfect match to Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and has the typical stellar Stirling performance we all know and love. Time for a new week.......Let's kick this pig and Have a tremendous day Folks !
IMG_20211204_204559247_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom