SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

Thank you so much for that.....its on it's way:)
NP. I've been reading some of the reviews:

Smells as bad as I remember, but it makes a statement!

Great stuff. Classic smell. Smell being the correct operative word. Got round my partner's house last night (when I got back home last night noticed it arrived, and excitedly splashed a load on) and my partner and her son asked "what the hell is that smell?"

Good luck! :)

I have been looking for Hai Karate for ages. You dont see much of it around.
To be honest i stumbled upon it last year when i was in my local 'Poundworld' store, and it was on offer for 50p a bottle!..probably because no one would buy it, so i got 4 bottles,gave two to friends, and kept the other ones for myself..a very old school menthol powdery scent, tones the skin quite nicely too.,however it's a marmite love it ,or hate it scent...I actually like it.

Last edited:
Friday 10th November (am)

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Haslinger Honey Soap
RazoRock 400 Brush
Razorock Black Hawk V2 with a Proline Blade
Alum Block and rinse
Arko Sensitive ASB
Lucky Tiger AS

Lovely shave this morning. I usually use razors with a substantial heft but the aluminium options are really nice to use. Three passes for a fantastic BBS shave:)

Technically Saturday at my locale, but as this site is surely GMT (none of this UTC rubbish), here is my SOTD:

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Cream: Logona Bio Ginkgo & Coffein Mann
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platimum (3)
EDT: Penhaligon's Castile

Thought I'd give this new cream a whirl. I picked it up at a Bio-Supermarket in Germany. Maybe 1.5x the price of the Speick cream next to it, but still dirt cheap when purchasing in the country of manufacture.
The first thing I noticed was how thirsty the cream is. I mean - seriously thirsty! Eventually hit the lather sweet spot, which produced a dense but relatively thin yogurty lather. The scent was very nice - fresh, and subtly herbal. Three passes and a clean-up, and I am genuinely BBS. The most striking thing about the cream, apart from its thirst, was the high level of residual slickness. Certainly the best I've experienced from a cream other than maybe Occams or Musgo Real. It allowed very easy touch-ups without a hit of grabbing.
Curiosity got the better of me and I checked on the ingredients, but they are not giving much away. The front label indicates that it contains ginkgo and caffeine. The rear label is less specific and states the following: "Fragranced with the spicy masculine notes of fine woods. Thanks to its pH value, this gentle, rich creamy formula prepares facial hair for a particularly smooth and gentle shave. A collection of skin-calming plant extracts helps sooth reddened, irritated skin during wet shaving. For a smooth start to the day!" (Jawohl!!)
So if you find yourself in Deutschland, and spy one of the plentiful Bio-Supermarkets, I can certainly recommend this cream.
A warm spring night, so Castile was the perfect scent match.
Now I am getting a little edgy - come on you Socceroos!
A wee bit of detective work on the net, are I now have the ingredients of the Logona Mann shaving cream as follows:

Aqua (Water), Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Myristic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Lanolin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract*, Caffeine*, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide,Parfum (Essential Oils), Limonene, Linalool

*aus kontrolliert biologischem Anbau
**natürliche ätherische Öle

There's some good stuff in there, and it was a stand-out performer, for me at least.

Friday 10th November
Semogue 620
Vitos Red - Super
The Brass General
Schick Proline – P #5
Alum Wash
Blue Stratos A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
fDxJwSk.jpg

Loving the Vitos soap for scent, lathering ability and great performance. And with the General producing an ultra close finish, I'm more than happy.
+1 on the Vitos (see below)...

Vitos Super Red
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Lime witch hazel mixture
Blue Stratos aftershave

Not porpoise smooth all over but acceptable
Everything worked as it should and my shave was enjoyable

This was my last shave with my Rockwell for a while
I'm passing it to my son to trial, and he is returning my Merkur 34C
He gets to use all my razors, so he never has to buy his own !

Friday...

Soap - Vitos Extra Super Red
Brush - RazoRock 22mm
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Blade - Schick Proline P
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After Shave - Floïd Mentally Vigorous

I hadn't used the Hawk for a while and it didn't disappoint. It pairs really well with the Proline blade; better than the Feather Professionals, IMO.

A great post-shave feel from the Vitos, which provided smashing glide and protection.

Friday 10th November 2017
sotd 10th nov.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Old Type 1920
Blade: Special Sheffield Stainless Steel NOS (#2)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: L'Oreal Pure Tonic

Another wonderful shave with the NOS Special Sheffield blade. Sticking the Palmollive stick into the deodorant dispenser seemed like a good idea but now it has stuck and is not rising up, at least the soap only cost 49p, I will just dig it out and grate it up.

Friday 10th November 2017
View attachment 30755

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Old Type 1920
Blade: Special Sheffield Stainless Steel NOS (#2)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: L'Oreal Pure Tonic

Another wonderful shave with the NOS Special Sheffield blade. Sticking the Palmollive stick into the deodorant dispenser seemed like a good idea but now it has stuck and is not rising up, at least the soap only cost 49p, I will just dig it out and grate it up.
You certainly got lucky with those blades, you can't beat a bit of vintage Sheffield steel! :) P.

You certainly got lucky with those blades, you can't beat a bit of vintage Sheffield steel! :) P.
It was a very lucky day that I got these blades and the No.44 cased Tech, a Gillette Super Slim T2 (1973) and two Gillette Slim twists all for £7.50! I had to do a bit of DIY on the Slim due to the safety bar being out of whack but I think I managed to rescue it.:)

It was a very lucky day that I got these blades and the No.44 cased Tech, a Gillette Super Slim T2 (1973) and two Gillette Slim twists all for £7.50! I had to do a bit of DIY on the Slim due to the safety bar being out of whack but I think I managed to rescue it.:)
How many blades came with the deal? P.

Back
Top Bottom