SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

7 February

Signature Soaps Danum
PAA The Green Ray
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard
Signature Soaps Danum Splash

24604B16-CC7F-4BE8-B1C0-DA4DD6659016.jpeg
A fine, close and very comfortable shave this morning. The Proguard blade used this morning made a big difference to the effectiveness of the razor. The lather as expected from Signature Soaps was wonderful. I left the bathroom in a waft of patchouli.

Monday February 7, 2022
Razor: Karve SS CB "D" Plate
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Wolf Whisker Beehive
Soap: Ballenclaugh Honey & Tobacco
AS 1: Humphreys Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1188

Decided to use my CB Karve today to see if my memory is gone or I'm on point.Yep, I haven't completely lost it. Took the same Wizamet from the Overlander and put in the D Plate Karve CB and had a great smooth shave with much better efficiency. I have no problem finding and maintaining the angle with this thing and much prefer it. I wish Karve success with the new offering and glad many are enthralled with it but the Original is my preference. We are fortunate to have the choices we do in shaving today. Use what works for you and have a great day !
IMG_20220207_062335022_HDR.jpg

07/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester A
A/S - Brut Original
Wk 07 (3).JPG
I completed a couple of practice WTG strokes with the new Feather SS - i like it, very smooth.
I then completed a 2 pass shave with a little touch up on the whirlpools withbthw S1 for a very close, comfortable finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Last edited:
9296C106-1049-4016-99B9-3CAE2B242E17.jpeg
SOTD: 07/02/2022

Razor: Tatara Nodachi
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Yaqi Green Obsidian Silvertip Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Soap: Taylor’s Of Old Bond Street Lime Zest Cream
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Ben Cruachan Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The new Nodachi is lovely and is a bit more aggressive than it’s sibling the Masamune, but I’m not sure it’s different enough to warrant keeping long term.
The TOBS lime zest was the zingy morning pick up I needed, and it was so quick to lather it was ideal for the busy Monday morning. Still it produced an amazing lather and great shave!
Enjoy your day guys!

7/2/22

IMG_20220207_153912.jpg

Soap - Arko
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada
Razor - Bic Sensitive 1 (1)
AS - Bi Es - Max Ice Freshness

To take my most recent Amazon order upto free shipping, I added a pack of Bic disposable razors. I'd used the 2 blades ones before but not the 1 blade ones. In the shave, it's not as smooth and comfortable as a DE razor, but I definitely got the job done in a 2 pass shave.

Finished the shave with my last untested splash from makeup.uk, which I think might be a clone of Versace Au Fraiche.

This is the scent description for the EdT

Scent Type: fresh, woody
Top Note: Green Lily, Lemon
Heart Note: Apple, Water Notes
Base Note: Cedar, Wood

I'd say the description is fairly accurate, a nice marine style scent with a few hints of floral, fruit and woody notes in there. It's a splash with a very high alcohol content, maybe not the best for post shave feel I have come across, but fine enough.

RyhzU8n.jpg

Lavanille Day!! :love:

Monday 7th February

AM-JKLXFnH2KfRE_Z3VqvtkXix7KhLkSZjsje1-CRsrWtqMXbGJmhWcGv_H1N4LnBPRMAVCw27BDx9KcHuf_WhsGL0rI4VBqtu2iVPc5gNlQy327PQQCoqj2AIHJalbrXAKlfjyAraLs1j4pYU3cQRBJmeuHHA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Signature Soaps Britannia Shaving Soap
Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Labs Exfoliating & Gillette Labs Cartridge (1)
Brut Splash-On

Wow! That was a straight-up 10/10 shave.

First go with Gillette Labs latest offering, a non-powered razor with an exfoliating strip in place of the heated bar on their powered heated razor and uses the same cartridge as the heated razor.

Remember, I'm a single pass shaver generally and only really press on if everything comes together so perfectly and even then only do a second pass. Well, what I might get off a two pass shave with my best DE razor and blade combo I was surprised to get off a single pass with this cartridge. In some respects I should expect that since the cartridge is shaving me five times for every pass with a DE but then when we shave with our DEs, we do go over in short, brishing strokes whereas the cartridge format can be run in longer stripes as the blades are setup to progressively shave closer as each blade hits the hair.

I can't put it down to the exfoliating bar since I can't actually feel that it would do anything. It's just a nubbed strip of slippery plastic. I think, perhaps, the cartridge itself is a better technology than, say, the ProGlide cartridge. While the ProGlide is a development of the regular Fusion and the ProShield a development of the ProGlide, this cartridge does feel to be the next logical step from the ProShield. The razor, too, is very nice to use and to my mind addresses practically all of my irks with the Fusion razor which I find the FlexBall a bit, well, primitive? Handle, angle, length, grippiness, intuitiveness? All improved with this format. Surely it'll be the next gen Gillette in a few years time.

Very much enjoyed.

Damn shame these Gillette Labs cartridges are so damn expensive! Well, actually all their cartridges are but at least Supermarkets do reasonable offers every now and again, and that's when I but new packs in. Unlikely to find the Labs cartridges in the supermarket just yet.

AM-JKLUolh62X4c-Zw3U63CUoyJTMKflZX_yrwWYdvRkXAEX2pwhM4m78Kc0OcKR5Ttpr_bSHhSMcr-R8xqnzcs-j6IrEsFd-XS8Ukvm8gmWYcPfgEB2D2Gzhnp85cfhrq6AoNetl10KfsA_r12TQQoN1wpYIg=w1200

Last edited:
PS-Proraso
Brush-Proraso
Soap-Arko**
Blade-Nacet
Razor-Pearl Flexi*
AS-Barts Lime
AAS-4711

*Supposedly the poor mans Rex Ambassador but having both I don’t think the Flexi is in any way inferior as regards shaving qualities.

**I’ve always liked Arko since a Turkish barber gave me a block in Istanbul about 15 years ago. It’s still use although much reduced.

Back
Top Bottom