SOTD Saturday 5th September to Friday 11th September

Lots of sandpaper, Polish, and elbow grease.
Naniwa 1k, 5k, 8k, 12k,
Homemade kangaroo strop
FEON 1880 6/8ths
Omega 11126
Stirling lavender sage
temporary_zpsv3tjc0x1.jpg

Gem G bar Junior...;)
DSC_0130_zps43vwcboc.jpg

05/09/15
Three Pass Shaving Routine....:p

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Gem Junior G Bar Lather Catcher
Gem Stainless (Modified) Se Blade (New)
Semogue Boar Brush
Wars Classic Shaving Cream (Poland)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Man Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

I achieved a most perfect BBS result with this lovely Wee Gem of a G bar Junior ....I forgot how Mild these are as I have been using Aggressive razors of late, but these wee Lather Catchers are lovely smooth & efficient shavers for sure...I use a full Gem spine as shimming method behind the blade to replicate the intended shaving angle of the original stropping blade.....I use this wee razor almost like a cartridge razor in that you can almost paint your face with it as its so forgiving and difficult to do any wrong.....I always dump a new blade after one shave in the G Bar Junior as I like the blade to be sharp.....;)

Enjoyed my shave today....o_O

Billy

Little spin out on the bike:
https://www.strava.com/activities/385441203
Shower
Nancy Boy Signature Cream
Omega 49
iKon SB DLC on Custom SE Handle
Lab Blue [2]
Proraso Green AS
Superdrug Moisturiser

Much much better lather, slip, slide and protection from this cream. Not 100% on the scent, a bit too chemical/artificial for me. The lab blue is maybe a little too sharp for the iKon, a few weepers and a little AS sting.
But a massive improvement on the (over rated?) MdC.
Have a pleasant evening gents...

Last edited:
Saturday:

Evening, all.
Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Bic 1
Blade: (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham Coconut
Aftershave:
Cologne: Korres Saffron, Amber, Cardamom

NotTheStig sent me loads of great goodies and I was looking forward to a long luxurious shave sampling some of his wares but embarrassingly, I fell asleep mid morning and woke to find an email from my ex to say she'd be dropping off our daughter at 2:30. Just half an hour away! So the shave was quick and dirty.....

Saturday's Shenanigans

Merkur 34HD, Perma Sharp Super
Blue Stratos Shaving Foam (free gift with the aftershave and EdT I ordered recently)
Blue Stratos AS
Homemade Menthol Post Shave Oil
Blue Stratos EdT

Three quick passes with no touch ups and the results weren't too bad. Not nearly as close as I'd want but no damage done and it sufficed. Will need to do a proper job tomorrow though.

Back
Top Bottom