Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso - Sandalwood
Soap: Meißner Tremonia - Dark Limes + Ach Brito Lavanda cream
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Mervyn 24mm silvertip
Razor: Feather Popular + double shim
Blade: Sputnik (3)
After: WH, Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS, Sandalwood Skin Food

After the first use of this cheap razor being way too mild I tried adding a shim the following day; still too mild. Today I used two shims; a PAL (which is very thick) and a Derby shim. That just about turned it into a very useful razor. DFS, a gnat's crotchet away from a BBS. So, after all, this will be a keeper razor for travelling; a bit of a pain having to take 2 shims with me but I guess I can lug the extra weight.
Finishing off my Meißner Tremonia - Dark Limes sample soap. This soaps lasts for ages I had a tiny smidge of it pressed into the bottom of a dish and still was enough for a shave although a added a touch of Lavanda cream to make sure I had enough for three passes. In fact I think the lavender scent goes very nicely with the earthy dark limes scent.

Anyhow, enough gas, have a great day folks.

6a770b10-2d0c-4064-9f05-260eeaa2afbc_zpsymnlmbgq.jpg

Last edited:
ww5tHDxl.png

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Shannon's Soaps Lavender Ylang Ylang
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2nd)
Scent: Colonia Intensa Oud by Acqua di Parma (From a Sample)

Got a sample of Colonia Intensa Oud last week. It's definitely full bottle worthy & on my list of for future purchases.

SOTD - Monday
Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Soap: Stirling "Barbershop" (beeswax version)
Brush: Shavemac Americana 24mm 2-band silvertip
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1941 (Father's birth-year)
Blade: Personna (Israeli) platinum (1)
Post: Thayer's Original witch hazel, followed by Myrsol Blue
Day-8 of the Barbershop Shootout. I haven't used this razor in a while, lovely mild shaver. First time trying this blade, very similar to the (Israeli) Crystal blades, sharp and smooth.

Mon 7th Sept.
Vulfix 404
Vitos Red
Gem 1912 Damaskeene
Gem S/S [1 ]
La Toja A/S
Even with a new blade, this razor is extremely mild & forgiving . I was able to complete 3 passes with ease, and then used
it to polish up to get a DFS. Was so irritation free that no alum/balm needed, straight on to an A/S.

Hope tomorrow to try the razor with an original Damaskeene blade, though I have no means of stropping it. So Fingers and other parts will be crossed.

P2040001.jpg

MWF
Tech on Custom Stainless handle
Lab blue [4]
Proraso Green AS
Superdrug Moisturiser
Milton Lloyd America Sport EDT

Smooth as silk, but one or two weepers as the blade was past it best... Moisturiser not really required, face is soft from the Fat ;)

Back
Top Bottom