SOTD Saturday 5th September to Friday 11th September

Had a really nice shave with the Rockwell 6s this morning using plate #2.
Some more about it here.

1jq8h5.jpg

SOTD - Wed
Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Cream: J.Peterman "1903"
Brush: Rubberset-400 replica with 26mm Ãœbersoft
Razor: Merkur Digress
Blade: Personna (Israeli) platinum (1)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel with 444, followed by J.Peterman "1903" balm
It's been so long since I used this 1903 duo, I forgot how good it is. Crazy to think I had considered putting it on BST.

Greetings

Thursday 10th September 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: RSC Balm
EDT: Tom Ford Extreme

It's nice to return to 'standard' SE razors after just about a month's use of the Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall.
A really close and easy shave.

Regards
Dick

DSC06219.JPG

Thur 10th Sept.
Omega 11137
Vitos Red Soap
Gem 1912 Damaskeene
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse
La Toja A/S Lotion

Teamed up with a modern blade [ no shims] the Damaskeene is extremely mild, feels impossible to cut oneself. That said although mild.it is possible to have a 3 pass shave with ease, and polish up the difficult areas to get a quality shave.
Time permitting will have a second go with the Original Damaskeene on Friday. Hopefully will be smoother than the first one !

P1010002.jpg

Hot towel for a minute
Cryogen
FS 38mm Silvertip Chubby ( I eventually got rid of the funk after about 10 lathers over the last month)
Hoffritz Slant
Polsilver
Penhaligons Bayolea
Zirh Balm

I'm good to go - but I'm not going - I'm stuck at my dining table doing work on the ROHS and REACH Regulations
:-(

Ratty

IMG_20150910_103820.jpg

Last edited:
Hot water face splash
Unknown vintage badger
MWF
Gillette Rubie (2)
Gillette 1970 short handled SA - 9
Tabac AS
I sort of knew this wasn't going to go very well from the off,normally I leave the barbed wire to grow a bit longer,and shave after a hot shower,but today,I just had a bad urge to shave it off with about 48hrs growth.It did not go well on the neck at all,tugging and catching all over the place,neck ended up looking like a banned scene from Friday the 13th Part XVIII,and I nigh on screamed when I splashed a healthy dose of Tabac AS on it.....
Not good...Not good at all!.

Marque CSF French Hoe SE...:)
DSC_0130_zpsuqcgpslz.jpg

Another shot...:cool:
DSC_0131_zpsxh7y21bp.jpg

10/09/15
Three Pass Shaving Routine....:p

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Marque CSF French Hoe SE
Gem Stainless (Modified) Se Blade (New)
Semogue Boar Brush
Palmolive Shaving Cream (added Aragn oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Man Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

I achieved a most perfect BBS result with this lovely French Marque CSF Hoe ....I would honestly equate this French Hoe to a Schick F Type Injector...This razor is quite aggressive, but ever so smooth and forgiving....I have three French Hoes and they shave as efficiently as any injector for sure....I utilize a full Gem spine behind the blade to replicate the intended shaving angle of the original wedge blade....I can only say get one of these as you wont regret it.....:p

French Hoes are the Dogs Danglies....::D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom