SOTD: Saturday 6th January - Friday 12th January 2018.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Pro
View attachment 32369

What a way to start the week, the Postie delivered the Cobra and the Cobra delivered a cracking shave.
I don't have any Prolines so I loaded a Feather Pro and began my shave with a mild sense of trepidation. Completely unnecessary, as with the lightest of touches, I had one of the shaves of my life.
A mild tingle from the TOBS splash and my week gets off to a terrific start.
Dolphin smooth, with a dolphin grin to match.

Hello Kevin,I can post you a few Prolines to try in your new arrival.

Kevin
Why have you not got any Prolines, must be essential for Injector users now they have been discovered.
Mike
I have Bs but not Ps Mike, an oversight on my behalf.
Hello Kevin,I can post you a few Prolines to try in your new arrival.
Cheers for the offer Pat but I have some winging their way to me, hopefully in the next day or two.

Cobra Classic
Wiborg
MDC
Penhaligon's English Fern AS + Balm

27796271369_bc4bcf28e6_z.jpg
Beautiful set up and pic :)

Mon 8th Jan.
Omega 11126 boar
Cyril Salter Solid soap 100g
Schick Type O Clone
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Looks like I shall be on an Injector rotation to follow up on my great Shave of yesterday. Today
chose a copy of the Rare Type O, which according to users of the original Shaves just as well.

It may well be a copy but it seems well built and the plating is excellent. I am using it with a single blade rather than the Twin blade it was specifically designed for. Todays Shave like previous ones was very smooth and comfortable and extremely close all round. Probably delivers as good if not better Shave than most Schicks [ Type I onwards] using a single blade.

Not too sure whether I will be able to hold off using a Twin Blade in it for much longer, these Proline blades do last a bit.

IMG_0174.jpg

Merkur 41c
Astra Superior Platinum
Semogue 830
DR Harris Arlington
Aluminum block
DR Harris EdC
Balm Mr Gentle

Good shave with somehow watery lather. I'm in doubt regarding what's guilty, boar brush or paraffin in the soap. Nevertheless a good shave for my 32th Wedding Anniversary, gentlemen. And no nicks at all...
5343a7602e3806f455d9df13ebbe5c01.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Merkur 41c
Astra Superior Platinum
Semogue 830
DR Harris Arlington
Aluminum block
DR Harris EdC
Balm Mr Gentle

Good shave with somehow watery lather. I'm in doubt regarding what's guilty, boar brush or paraffin in the soap. Nevertheless a good shave for my 32th Wedding Anniversary, gentlemen. And no nicks at all...

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Merkur 41c
Astra Superior Platinum
Semogue 830
DR Harris Arlington
Aluminum block
DR Harris EdC
Balm Mr Gentle

Great set up, I am very fond of Arlington Cologne
...............and congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary. :)

687qdy.jpg

Maseto Memphis Finest 2 Band
Merkur Mergress
Gillette Rubie (1)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Old Spice Whitewater

This week for the weekdays I am alternating Solaris every other day in an effort to polish it off, as well as the Whitewater. Also seems to be an all tallow week this week. I would expect another 10 or so uses left of the Solaris

My first use of a Gillette Rubie, I must say very impressed with it, superb and smooth. Up there with a 7 O'Clock Black as my favourite Gillette blade. May need to invest in a few of these.

SOTD 080118
SOTD 080118 2.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #1
Razor: Ever Ready 1924
Soap: Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Bush: Stirling Boar
EDC: Alvarez Gomez Barberia

A smooth comfortable shave with the 1924.
The brush is breaking in nicely, the tips are soft with plenty of backbone and I am pleased to say no hairs were lost.
The cream is outstanding as is the matching cologne.

A lovely shave this evening, enjoy yours! :)

Last edited:
PRE - Shower & almond oil

SOAP - Fine platinum & Razorock Emperor

BRUSH - SOC Boar

RAZOR - C.V. Heljestrand safety razor, wedge blade

POST - Almond oil & Fine platinum

First time using the Heljestrand.

It's very much either on or off in terms of angle. With the right angle it's super efficient and smooth then with the wrong angle it's a scraping dragging sensation.
Going to take some getting used to.

The Fine platinum & Razorock Emperor mixture works a treat!

3fca276ecca75d97b8196ebbc5b3ffeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom