SOTD : Saturday 7th April - Friday 13th April 2018.

Sunday evening...

The Spitfire soap just seems to get better and better with each use. The combination of leather, juniper and tobacco seems to me redolent of fuel oil. I'm not sure if this was intentional by Kerry @phoenixandbeau; but it does seem to underscore the aviation heritage, as well as that of his family.

.. As has become customary, after the final cold rinse, the remaining soap gets squidged on to my face (I refuse to waste soap). As well as checking for any areas for buffing, I leave it on whilst clearing up my kit. It just seems to enhance the post-shave feel.

Finished off with the Proraso. Excellent.
View attachment 34678

Hi @Scotshave,

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're enjoying Spitfire. I wanted to capture and emulate the scent of the aircraft, the leather worn by the incredibly brave and often extremely young pilots and also the juniper of the gin I would have hoped some of them would have imbibed after a mission.

It links in with the history of my Papa (my mothers father) and his colourful WW2 service in North Africa and Italy.

Great work on your post shave routine, I do exactly the same :)

Cheers,

Kerry.

Sunday evening...

The Spitfire soap just seems to get better and better with each use. The combination of leather, juniper and tobacco seems to me redolent of fuel oil. I'm not sure if this was intentional by Kerry @phoenixandbeau; but it does seem to underscore the aviation heritage, as well as that of his family.

.. As has become customary, after the final cold rinse, the remaining soap gets squidged on to my face (I refuse to waste soap). As well as checking for any areas for buffing, I leave it on whilst clearing up my kit. It just seems to enhance the post-shave feel.

Finished off with the Proraso. Excellent.
View attachment 34678

Hi @Scotshave,

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're enjoying Spitfire. I wanted to capture and emulate the scent of the aircraft, the leather worn by the incredibly brave and often extremely young pilots and also the juniper of the gin I would have hoped some of them would have imbibed after a mission.

It links in with the history of my Papa (my mothers father) and his colourful WW2 service in North Africa and Italy.

Great work on your post shave routine, I do exactly the same :)

Cheers,

Kerry.

SOTD 20180409.

po6PeRr.jpg

Custom "Bethlehem" handle / MÜHLE silver tip fibre knot.
Arko Men “Fresh” shaving cream.
Timeless titanium OC 0.68 mm.
Asco Super Stainless (red wrapper) (5).
Arko Men “Cool” ASB.

Greetings

Monday 9th April 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (Yellow Pkt)
Brush: Thater 2 Band Fan
Cream: G.F.C.C. Caribbean Lime
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Fan de Fendi Assoluta

I shall not be using these blades again, they certainly cut and shave super close but they have an unpleasant 'angry' aggressive face feel much like Feather's, IMHO all the other 7 O'Clock blades are nicer to shave with.

I'm off to Fuerteventura early Wednesday so a late evening shave tomorrow, see you in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Dick.

9.4.18.JPG

Greetings

Monday 9th April 2018

I shall not be using these blades again, they certainly cut and shave super close but they have an unpleasant 'angry' aggressive face feel much like Feather's, IMHO all the other 7 O'Clock blades are nicer to shave with.

I'm off to Fuerteventura early Wednesday so a late evening shave tomorrow, see you in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 34687
Have a great time :) P.

Greetings

Monday 9th April 2018

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 34687

Enjoy your holiday Dick
Watch out for the flying sun bed parasols !

Greetings

Monday 9th April 2018

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 34687

@Norfolkdick happy holidays; hope you have a good time.

SOTD, Monday 09 April 2018

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap wash followed by warm water splash.
Cream - Speick.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 synthetic.
Bowl - Littke Wren Pottery.
Razor - Rex Ambassador (setting 4).
Blade - Muhle DE (day 3).
Post shave - Cold water splash; followed by Pitralon Classic.

After Sunday's late afternoon shave, I decided to just go for a one pass WTG shave this morning. I love the Speick cream and Pitralon combination, after trying that on a city break, a few weeks ago.

I still can't decide whether I like the Muhle DE blade; it worked well for me when I shaved with a Muhle R41, on holiday (i.e. using the blade that came with the razor.) It seems a little nondescript in the Rex, I appreciate that YMMV.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom