SOTD : Saturday 8th January-Friday 14th January 2022.

Razor = PAA El Fantasma Fakelite Series
Blade = Astra SP ( 3 )
Brush = The Phantom Aerolite By PAA 26mm
Soap = The Merchant By Zingari Man with matching splash & balm
7F1D6019-A83F-4930-8226-3FC2C0FA80A8.jpeg6F366F4E-6FAE-4DAB-8662-F0F5A1644F1B.jpegGreat Shave today
and what a scent this is, Top Drawer and up there with my favourites.
The Razor well a bit of fun really especially this one that glows in the dark.
100% Gimmick but still i like them and i get a great shave with them.
Once you use it half a dozen times you soon realise the pressure you need.
Not BBS but not far away.
Also for the guys that don’t have this brush the picture dosent do it justice, the colours in the light are superb.
Onwards & Upwards
What will i use tomorrow lol
Stay Safe Boys

Sunday 9th January

AM-JKLWpfQKMnjwbgCqlKEyaRTAl21GP8YEFjVRCwRQWMy9F5YosFe5TdgozZ1dpS2J4Vt7WmgU6OH45Ua1JA8frXgUCJPbAE_thXAjtj6EeRS8fLtu1hkhx5SSdq0JM3UqclQIgCjKtuiXDtJ_v6XSUphY-iw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Amicus Shaving Soap
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power w/FlexBall Handle
Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide (9)
Alvarz Gomez Agua Colonia Concentrada (as Aftershave)

Given the logo - I'd always assumed that it was connected to the now defunct regiment. - I.

The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada

Oddly the Seaforth I am talking about here in Liverpool also had an army connection in the past with Seaforth barracks.

To be honest I mustn't be too cruel about Seaforth as my wife is from there. It also has strong connections to William Gladstone (it used to be part of the Gladstone estate) and birth place of the late great Kenny Everett. Plus I lived there for long enough.

All that from a jar of shaving soap. Oh how you have to love digression.

09/01/2022

Razor: Yaqi Telstar
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Tobacco Leaf

View attachment 82659

I concur with Lee regarding the assertiveness of this head. I'm fresh from the Lupo .95 and this head is more assertive than that. It's not rough but it feels like it could be the next step in in the Lupo range - .72, .95 and then Telstar. The .95 is a sweet spot for me and I doubt I'd reach for this over the Lupo. Do I keep or BST? I'll have to consider that this week.
I’ve made my decision I’m afraid it’s too much for my precious and delicate skin! It’s already on the BST. That said it seems well made and value if you like aggressive heads.

Now confined to my house you can suffer a whole host of SOTD's from Satan's abode, whereas I am usually pretty sporadic and can't be arsed.

So tonight I have thrown together a shave themed 'You suffer'

20220109_193720.jpg

The sufferance of the razor - Ikon B1
Suffer the blade - Dorco Prime
Suffering the brush - Wickhams Arctic Fox
Surfing the soap - Signature Soaps Hibernia
I want to be a suffragette- Lubin Itasca

The suffering ice cream dance

Now here we have a fine example of a razor with a very aggressive but useable side about it. Get this baby right and the rewards are there for the taking. And it ain't rocket science to get there, just patience and practice. Just don't get overly complacent and try to shave your bollocks with it. Being a eunuch would soon follow.

I read all the time about this 'blade gap' thing but I have never really thought it is gap which makes this razor what it is, but more blade exposure. Between that and how rigidly it is held in place across the entirety of the blade. Something most don't.

A super piece of engineering which delivers the smoothest of shaves. This evening's performance was exactly that. Even the Artic Fox brush managed to get its shit together (for a change) and made a wonderful job of the Hibernia.

A stunning shave and massive grin factor. I couldn't recommend the B1 highly enough and well worth the try if you have the balls to take it on. Or don't have if you went to the place I advised you not to. You just wouldn't listen would you?

And on a finishing note I still remain asymptomatic which keeps me happy.

And as a final finishing note let's have something I have never made you suffer from before. If you can make any fucking sense of this lot, Midori, I'd be happy to hear

And love? I have plenty of it for you all

And still the shortest piece of recorded music(?)

I don't think the world was ready for Napalm Death in their prime
'aye https://midination.com/magazine/shortest-songs-ever/

Particularly interesting when joined by Justin Broadrick who brought a post-Punk influence to what was otherwise a damn good proto-Grindcore outfit. Musically, I think that set them apart from their contemporaries (say, Doom?) and most definitely paved the way for the likes of Pitch Shifter (early) and accelerated Broadrick's next move, Godflesh. Scorn (Bullen & Harris) was musically more accessible and the draw towards dub brought a genuinely new fusion. Fusion? Painkiller? From Death Metal Dub to Grindcore Jazz!

To say that the names of those three fellows are barely known, even amongst those that know the music, their influence is considerable.

8zBYDFx.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Soap: MWF
Razor: Gillette Aristcrat #22
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Creed Tabarome Millésime EdP

The Aristocrat has recently returned from Razor Emporium following a tune-up, and was a delight to shave with.

SOTD 10-Jan
20220109_094647.jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

Good shave this morning, just about ready to kick off the week. Chubby seems to be a soap thirsty little devil, so I'll have to get used to a little more loading.

MMOC just arrived, happy with it, mechanism seems fairly solid, certainly holds it firmly, all the teeth are straight and posts are grand, so don't think I can go too far wrong.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Mon 10 SOTD
Soap Zingari Man Nomad
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Very nice soap. Smell good with creamy and slick lather.
A good shave with the razor paired with this fresh blade. Easy and uneventful in 3passes for a mixed bbs/dfs result. Need to try the Professional blade for better efficiency. Good aftershaves.
20220110_122328.jpg

SOTD
Pre shave: Proraso white
Razor - Merkur Progress
Blade - Astra green
Brush - Artisan pre-production prototype
Shaving cream - WSP BlackBeard
Post shave…..
Haryali - Alum block
Paco Rabanne (pour homme)
L'Occitane - CADE moisture
Beard/hair…..