SOTD: Saturday 9 March - Friday 15 March 2024.

SOTD 20240309
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Antique Wood
Brush: Leonidam Doge
Soap: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco toscano
Razor: Wolfman WR1 OC 0.61 SS on Darwin
Blade: Voskhod
AS: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco toscano

SOTD-20240309.jpg

Kind Regards
Marco

SOTD Sat 9 Mar 2024

Saturday, shave
D32B09D1-881C-4C13-9B71-96301C387A56.jpegPrep - hot shower
Bowl - Kent wooden (gave it a go as a lather bowl)
Cream - Geo.F.Trumper Limes
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Racer Platinum Class (4)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U for men EDT

Very nice shave, the Trumper Limes supplying a great protective and moisturising slickness. The wooden bowl, although working ok as a lather bowl, was not ideal with not quite enough room to ‘whip it up’! A decent 4th outing for the Racer Platinum as well with no alum sting, although that could be down to the Limes. I love this Muhle!

07C214C7-0956-438C-A8EF-676F5F367672.jpeg
You love what mule?
No, no, Muhle, not mule!
What’s the difference?
Well one is a great razor and the other is a stubborn animal.
You’re referring to me there aren’t you?
Would I?
Harrumph!

Last edited:
Sun 10
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor & Blade Yaqi DLC + Gillette 7 O'clock Platinum
Lovely scented creamy and slick lather from this soap & matching splash combo whip up nicely by my softest badger...
Easy, fast, and satisfactory shave with the razor and blade pairing...
20240310_133147.jpg

SOTD: 10th March 2024.

14.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Yellow/Red pack. D2)
Razor: Lord L125.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Sierran Breeze ASL./L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave..

Another wonderful razor/blade combo. The inexpensive Egyptian made razor is another razor I've infrequently used since it was passed on to me. Today is another example to myself that you don't need expensive shaving products to have a close acceptable shave..A good efficient razor which pairs together with the Treet Dura Sharp wonderfully.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 09-Mar
View attachment 117968
Prep: SSC Haverford Pre-shave
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SSC Haverford
Razor: CG Lvl 3
Blade: Wizamet

I only have two pre-shaves, this and Maggards Lavender. Neither of which I feel add to the shave but seeing as I added it to a cart to make it worth the postage I may as well use it. If nothing else it just carries the scent right from the beginning to the last spray.

One note on the razor that I have finally admitted to myself. I went to (stupid) lengths to get the gen1 and I've finally come to the conclusion that this newer version of the CG level 3 really does outstrip the original...for me(can't speak for the gen2). Sure it's slightly bulkier so isn't quite as nimble under the nose, but in terms of comfort it is miles ahead and has the same level of efficient finish. Now I'm not saying I would get rid of the other, I do enjoy it, but it really does make it even more of a shame that they shut down production so early into the new ones creation.

Ramble over, cracking shave and smelling good.

Hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Its a shame they shut shop. Charcoal Goods made some really intricate and unique razors. Personally my favourite is Gen 1, low head profile modeled after the Gillette New.
Lovely shave and a beautiful razor, especially the Brass, enjoy!

Its a shame they shut shop. Charcoal Goods made some really intricate and unique razors. Personally my favourite is Gen 1, low head profile modeled after the Gillette New.
Lovely shave and a beautiful razor, especially the Brass, enjoy!
Absolutely, the low profile on those are hard to beat, that's where this newer one is lacking. Definitely brass though, the more scarce SS looks nice but the brass just gives it more character (odd thing to say about a Razor but I know what I mean).

Sunday 10 March
Persevered with the Treet (3rd use) this time in the Hone. Unfortunately the experience was not good, so another razor/blade mismatch? Again no feedback or sound so switched to Nacet and completed the job. Not sure the Treet will figure in my future shaves.
Floris gentlemen’s 1730
Bristle brush made from bone and comes to pieces for travelling purposes. (I do enjoy the quirky and unusual shaving accoutrements)
Happy Mother‘s day to all mothers and families!

IMG_0522.jpeg

10/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Feather SS Scotch wood SCS - RSW
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 11  (2).jpg
Its been a while since i have used the Feather PB, they do feel sharp but also a bit harsh, as i remember they take a shave or 2 to smooth out.
A nice 2 pass shave leaving me with a very close BBS finish. I did get some slight indication from the splash, other than that - all good.
Enjoy your day all.

A short break between shaves and I was in the mood for a reliable Shark Stainless in a reliable razor.
Reliable shave soap, brush and aftershave. No dramas.
It's nice to try out new items or new combinations but sometimes a safe bet is what's needed.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Lather: Arko with aftershave lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Champion

Back
Top Bottom