SOTD Saturday 9th December 2017 - Friday 15th December 2017

Yum yum, and the blubber works wonders against this cold snap :D

Ha ha - dolphins are bastards - okay they look a bit smiley and they condescend to swim with disabled children now and again - but equally they harass and attack porpoises - problematic plural, it ought to be porpae but isn't - on a routine basis. I'm finished with dolphins - strictly whales from now on. I'll see your dolphin blubber and raise you. Ha ha. yours - I.

Ha ha - dolphins are bastards - okay they look a bit smiley and they condescend to swim with disabled children now and again - but equally they harass and attack porpoises - problematic plural, it ought to be porpae but isn't - on a routine basis. I'm finished with dolphins - strictly whales from now on. I'll see your dolphin blubber and raise you. Ha ha. yours - I.
I don't think they intend to do it on porpoise.

Last edited:
People in glass houses etc. We can't really point the finger, how many animals have we hunted to extinction?
Not to mention our attempts to commit genocide on other members of our own species.

Last edited:
SOTD: 12th December 2017.
Untitled.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Face Lather.

Soap: Cella

Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum (1)

Razor: Merkur 37C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Morrisons ~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Brut ~ Oceans Aftershave .

Greetings,

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

The Merkur 37C/Super-Max Super Platinum blade paired togther very well , smooth sharp & efficient.
The Cella Soap provided me with a wonderful slick protective lather,love the Scent..Mr Kiplings Cherry bakewell tarts comes to my nose.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut ~ Oceans Aftershave.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your day,and be careful when venturing out into the winter elements ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Monday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Molton Broan Shaving Soap
Razor: Gillette Thin Adjustable (Setting 5)
Blade: Shark SS (1st)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Alum, Nivea Sensitive Cooling followed by Michael Kors EDT AS.

Now that was much, much, much better. Still a bit tender on the neck but 1,000% better than yesterday's blood bath. Also, even though I read @Digimonkey's post after the event, I did stick to one setting throughout the shave and it did feel more comfortable - so will definitely try that again.

I believe it was a combination of residue irritation from Saturday shave and maybe a dodgy blade (first one so not bad) cause Monday's horrorshow.

Big THANK YOU to this wonderful community – I have had offers from you kind folk to try Astra SP's so very much looking forward to using them - thanks to @Barry Giddens and @Digimonkey :D

Cheers,

Brian

SOTD_20171212-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Koraat - 6/8 Full Hollow Ivory Snake Yuma
  • Shaving Brush: Morris & Forndran - Blonde Badger (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Rossa
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Stella Alpina - Balm

Tuesday;

212_A4_F40-_E8_FF-4_D33-_BC28-2145_BF94_B91_A.jpg

Mergress - #4
Nacet - #1
Club Cola
YaQi Space

First go with the Mergress. A hefty, long razor it is too. It's less head-heavy than the Parker Variant which I'm a big fan of but I think the shave was marginally marred by a slightly duff blade. It was truly stuck in its wax paper and it's not unforeseeable that I dulled the edge slightly. The shave was okay considering and I managed two passes with 3 weepers. The Club Cola balm did a good job of soothing matters! I think another couple of uses of this razor are in order. (@Blackmass)

Who's next?!

P.s. spot the sneaky Schnoodle! :D

BFCC5335-3033-4_DC4-_AB79-_DAC0929_EDA30.jpg

A very good morning shave :)
Pre - Shower
Brush - Tuxedo on fire - Made by Johan
Soap - Mike´s
Razor - Timeless head and Mongoose handle
Blade - Schick Proline SE
Post - Proraso Pre & Post Cream - Eucalyptus & Menthol
AS - Pinaud Clubman - Bay Rum

Happy Shaving

Last edited:
Tuesday;

212_A4_F40-_E8_FF-4_D33-_BC28-2145_BF94_B91_A.jpg

Mergress - #4
Nacet - #1
Club Cola
YaQi Space

First go with the Mergress. A hefty, long razor it is too. It's less head-heavy than the Parker Variant which I'm a big fan of but I think the shave was marginally marred by a slightly duff blade. It was truly stuck in its wax paper and it's not unforeseeable that I dulled the edge slightly. The shave was okay considering and I managed two passes with 3 weepers. The Club Cola balm did a good job of soothing matters! I think another couple of uses of this razor are in order. (@Blackmass)

Who's next?!

P.s. spot the sneaky Schnoodle! :D

BFCC5335-3033-4_DC4-_AB79-_DAC0929_EDA30.jpg

Thanks for the tag Ben. Looks like the shave was inconclusive this time around. Hope it improves on the next one.
Looks like Schnoodle is a Christmas Ninja.:p:)

Thanks for the tag Ben. Looks like the shave was inconclusive this time around. Hope it improves on the next one.
Looks like Schnoodle is a Christmas Ninja.:p:)
Anytime Rob. :) Definitely an inconclusive one! I'll let you know how I get on with it over the next couple of shaves for sure.

Oh goodness yes, she's vicious and cunning, ready to strike at any given moment! ;)

Back
Top Bottom