SOTD Saturday 9th December 2017 - Friday 15th December 2017

Vie Long 04503
iKon 102 on Windrose Behemoth
Wizamet SI (2)
Stirling Soaps Christmas Eve
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Superdrug Forest Fresh

No time for a photo today, unless I update later. I must say one of my best shaves with a slant razor. The handle is nice but a wee bit heavy for my tastes. The horse makes light work of the soap, superb lather as always, I don't see why more people don't use horse hair brushes. They'll give any boar a run for its money. For a change I went with alum today instead of witch hazel, no sting or feedback, so it must have been a great shave.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: La Toja Stick
Razor: Gem MMCP
Blade: Schick NOS '70s?
IMG_20171214_161901.jpg

These blades were kindly gifted to me by @Blademonkey, cheers Paul. :)
Instead of faffing about feeding it into a dispenser, I thought I'd stick it in the Clog Pruf and see how it fared.
My only other experience with a vintage Schick blade wasn't a good one, it was very tuggy and irritated skin was the result.
This was the opposite, a very smooth shave which left my skin stubble free and feeling good.
I'll stick it in the MMOC tomorrow to see how it compares to the Proline I've been using.

Thursday AM 2017-12-14

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Paladin Somerset Lotus (26mm/53mm)
Old Spice shaving soap (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/Triad Brass Hexagon Helix
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (2)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
aRViIku.jpg

Date: 15 December 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 2x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Testina Gentile Close Comb
Blade: - Vintage Wilkie (Wilkinson Sword) #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash
L&L Grooming Bandwagon
Maseto 30mm Finest (face lather)
Rockwell 6C
Astra SP (3)
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic
BBA Post Shave Balm

A beautiful Thäter brush from Rob aka @Blackmass was waiting for me when I got home from work today (along with some generously gifted goodies. Your a true gent Rob) and I was going to use it for my shave. But I decided I just wanted to sit and look at it this evening. Yes, I really am that sad. We will consummate the relationship on Saturday morning. Oh by the way, tonight's actual shave was great!

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash
L&L Grooming Bandwagon
Maseto 30mm Finest (face lather)
Rockwell 6C
Astra SP (3)
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic
BBA Post Shave Balm

A beautiful Thäter brush from Rob aka @Blackmass was waiting for me when I got home from work today (along with some generously gifted goodies. Your a true gent Rob) and I was going to use it for my shave. But I decided I just wanted to sit and look at it this evening. Yes, I really am that sad. We will consummate the relationship on Saturday morning. Oh by the way, tonight's actual shave was great!

My pleasure mate.:) Roll on Saturday!:D

Back
Top Bottom