Best Regards
Marco

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
Soap: Entre Bulles et Moi: RazzBocket
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Barrister & Mann: Latha Taiga Post-Shave Splash

well, Entre Bulles et Moi: RazzBocket rocked up this morning... it'd be churlish not to, eh? So, RazzBocket put up very little resistance with 'The Duke', to produce an easy, slick, protective lather that, with the trusted 34C HD/ Polsilver combo, provided a shave that was nothing short of impeccable. Yet another winner from Canada, that deserves more attention..

La Toja Shave Stick
RazoRock 400
DE89
Wilkinson "Old Stock" (4)
Dunhill Fresh ASL

I usually shave every other day, in the evening but having the time for a shave this morning I set to with a simple set up to smooth out a day and a halfs (sp) growth.
No real prep, I just wet my face and applied the La Toja stick to the bristles and whipped it up with my favourite synthetic brush
This Wilkinson blade still has a keen edge on it's fourth use, no tugging at all
With and against passes saw the stubble away with ease with plenty of cushion and glide from the bargain priced soap
I finished my shave with Dunhill Fresh ASL.
I don't often use this aftershave as it's not easy to get hold of. I picked it up at Costco years ago. It came with a cologne / EdT spray. It does an excellent job and smells very nice

How does it feel ? . . . . .

Great tune. :cool:

sJxJ94Z.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Taylor 1000 Sheffield 15/16th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
P & B Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Shave this Morning with My Taylor Sheffield 15/16th..This is My 1st Shave for a Wee While after Growing a Beard for a Few Weeks..This One has a Black Surgical Arkansas Edge & Man its as Smooth as Butter..:)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Great tune. :cool:

It's my favourite Slade tune, Rob

I never got to see the original line up (Holder days)
A few years ago I saw both Slade and Sweet on the same bill in Nottingham
The vocalist was Mal McNulty. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know it wasn't Holder singing, their voices were so alike.
Dave Hill is a true showman. He had so much energy for a man in his sixties.
It was the best night out £20 could buy !!

It's my favourite Slade tune, Rob

I never got to see the original line up (Holder days)
A few years ago I saw both Slade and Sweet on the same bill in Nottingham
The vocalist was Mal McNulty. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know it wasn't Holder singing, their voices were so alike.
Dave Hill is a true showman. He had so much energy for a man in his sixties.
It was the best night out £20 could buy !!

Noddy Holder used to frequent a pub my Grandmother used to run, many moons ago in Bentley (near Walsall).
It's a shame most folk (these days anyway) only know them for 'that' festive song.

SOTD 091217
SOTD 091217 2.jpg

Blade: Gem AS #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
Brush: Maseto to 2 band
EDP: Rose Of Bulgaria

A pleasant 2 pass BBS shave with a few touch ups.
Excellent lather as expected from the S.V Soap and the brush worked well while face lathering.
Finished with Calani and a generous helping of EDP
Enjoy your weekend and your shaves!

Saturday 9th December 2017
SOTD 9th Dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Cobra (on Loan)
Blade: Feather Pro Super (#1)
Brush: Maseto 24mm finest
Soap: Valobra Cologne
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Vintage Christian Dior Fahrenheit

First time using the Feather Pro Super blade in the Cobra, result one extremely close 2 pass shave. However I did mange 3 weepers and I have some mild irritation in places, with hindsight the Feather Pro Super in the Cobra was possibly a bit too much for me.

The Valobra hard soap was a first kindly gifted by @AnthH, I have the Valobra Menthol croap which is a great soap, this one reminds me a bit of Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge. I believe Valobra make the Czech & Speake soaps.

SOTD 091217
View attachment 31611

Blade: Gem AS #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
Brush: Maseto to 2 band
EDP: Rose Of Bulgaria

A pleasant 2 pass BBS shave with a few touch ups.
Excellent lather as expected from the S.V Soap and the brush worked well while face lathering.
Finished with Calani and a generous helping of EDP
Enjoy your weekend and your shaves!
Beautiful shot. Love the warm brass tones.

Sotd - Saturday - 9/12

Razor - Schick O type clone
blade - mystery vintage single (3)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - MT Mint Ice Menthol
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Vifrex gel
scent - Creed Bois de Portugal.

Result - top end shave

That was great. Software inspired by @Scotshave last week - it's Baltic out there - how are you going to respond? Let's have as face freezing a shave as possible. I shaved my head too for maximum effect. I think there is a future in menthol for winter - normally reserved for hot summer days but I'm Scottish - we don't get many of them. When I left the flat - it was - how can I put it? Bracing. I certainly felt alive - albeit with eyes streaming and the lower half of my face was numb. For non tallow soaps I find the MT products to be very good. First use of my new to me Semogue 2000 - lightly used by the previous owner - who passed it on saying ' it's too big for my face,' - which looking at it in the usual Semogue plastic case - didn't make much sense. Yeah - until you soak it. Bugger me - The 62mm loft is the biggest of any brush I own - it's a wall of boar. The tips are already starting to split - soft with good backbone. I'm going to get on just fine with this brush. According to Semogue - it's a 90% tops knot - same as the iconic 1305 brush. The O type Schick is a weird razor to use, you don't get the impression anything is happening - but in two passes bbs. Super mild and efficient for me. I'll be back to the Streamline next week for a final hurrah before sending it back home. My skin feels great and I smell nice thanks to the Creed. She told me so. Menthol for winter? - it's my new favourite thing. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Was he a skinhead then? In their early days I seem to remember they had a bit of a skinhead following.
The first single I bought (aged nine):

No idea. This was just something my Grandmother told me a long time ago. I would say not. It probably would've been after they'd had a couple hits and appeared on TOTP. Hence why she recognised him.

My first single was Adam and the Ants "Stand and Deliver ". When I was 10 years old.:)

Back
Top Bottom