SOTD: Saturday 9th June- Friday 15th June 2018.

20180614_205920-jpg.30723

REX Ambassador (2.5/3/3)
Gillette Platinum
Thäter 4125/2 (3 Band)
Eufros Fougère
Pitralon Classic

My best shave yet with the Rex. No tender spots or roughness.

@Wayne @Acer89 @p.b @Boru62

Cheers
Rob

Vitos Super Red
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Astra SP (1)
L'oreal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Balm
Lynx Dark Temptation Aftershave

Three days growth to remove today.
I had preloaded the Rockwell with a fresh Super Max Blue Diamond blade.
From the first strokes I could tell the blade was a dud. Very uncomfortable, to the point of being painful.
I quickly swapped it for a new Astra SP, and normal service was resumed.
The rest of my shave was the complete opposite to the beginning.
Vitos soap has to be one of the best performing budget priced soaps available. I've heard the rumours that it might be going out of production, this makes me wonder if I should buy a big block of it while it's still available. On the other hand, I've probably got enough soaps to last me a decade !
I wouldn't usually use a balm and an aftershave lotion, but my skin deserved it after the torture endured from the dud Super Max blade.
Whenever I use my 6C I ask myself if I really need my other razors. It has a velvet touch that none of my others can come close to.
Lynx Dark Temptation for me is another cheap product that performs beyond its price point.

It's nearly the weekend and it can't come soon enough. It's been one of those weeks at work for me working in pest control.

Excellent K. - that's exactly what mine did. Personally - I wouldn't want to lose that wee bit of scritch. That's what makes it so special for face lathering and using with a hard soap. After two passes - washing out excess lather from a knot that size? I own boar and horse knots of a similar dimension but none will equal the Wee Scot for me. Simpsons brought out a super badger version recently as a limited edition - I'm not tempted to be honest - especially at the asking price. I'm happy with the one I have. Yours - I.
Sorry Iain,
Morpheus caught up with me.
I have a few travel brushes and the Wee Scot is the smallest but only in stature.
I agree the Super badger is unnecessary the BB ticks all the boxes and then some.

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Glicerlanolina soap, Shower
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 fitted with SS handle
Blade ~ Personna Gem
Soap ~ OSP - Lemon & Cedarwood
Brush ~ Brad Sears - Gonzo Silvertip
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal
Scent ~ Balenciaga, Paris

Continuing my OSP indulgence, today I pulled out the lovely Lemon & Cedarwood, a fresh clean scent with a touch of warmth from the cedar.
It was whipped to a perfect lather with my lovely Gonzo Silvertip from Brad Sears, super soft tips and a great handle to hold.
The ER 1912 needs no introduction I'm sure but I have to say it is a better razor for fitting the SS handle and I think the style of the handle is just perfect for it also.
The shave was a good one, clean and close with the wonderful scent from the OSP .
I used Balenciaga EDP today which has a citrus and cedar accord going on amongst the floral notes, a good pairing I thought.

Wishing you all a wonderful day......P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
upload_2018-6-15_7-22-44.jpeg

Brush: Frank Shaving 20mm Best Badger
Cream: Tri-Coastal Design Milagu Black
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (4)

I didn't notice until I started assembling the photo just how 'stealth' today's shave was going to be. Shame I don't have any 7 O'clock blacks. I could have popped a black beauty in, but the box is maroon/orange so that wouldn't have helped.

After my travails with the Lord Super Chrome through the week, it was nice to come back to the SP for the end of the week. A lovely smooth performer, although for some reason my chin needed an unusually high level of touching-up, even after two passes.

One thing I noticed is that no matter how hot the water, when this cream goes on it goes on cold. Worth bearing in mind as summer proper approaches. I've seen in in my local TK Maxx for £5.99. I probably wouldn't pay that for it (despite its lovely scent), but at least I saved myself 40p by buying it in Minneapolis.

Happy shaving, and happy weekend.

Friday 15th June

Bloom Water and Vitos Pre Shave Cream
TFS Ciotola Gialla Soap
Semogue TSN 2012 LE Badger/Boar Brush
Baili 132 'Tech' Razor with a Shark Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Aloe Vera Gel
Duru Mandalina Cologne
James Bronnley Gentlemans EDT

Due to the late shave on Wednesday I didn't bother yesterday as everything was still 'socially acceptable'...so I had more to remove this morning.
3 passes and a little touch up for a BBS result:)

cWIpDrLC_o.jpeg

Yaqi Moka Mew Express
Yaqi DOC
Supermax Platinum (2)
LA Toja Shaving Cream
La Toja Balm & Aftershave

One of the best shaves I have had using this DOC, always leaves me with a nick but not today, I think this one is marginally more aggressive than the PAA version. Love La Toja, the performance, scent and price are all spot on. One of the must have staples of any shaving stash!

Back
Top Bottom