SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

Sunday 2 April
I couldn’t put off using the Durham Duplex that I found a few weeks ago for the first time any longer. I have a thing about trying quirky vintage razors, a shared interest with @Dave in KY I guess. I couldn’t see any point using a Durham original blade. Looks good for carpet trimming but shaving ……. :eek: So I modded a couple of Feather SE blades and after a lot, and I mean a lot, of fiddling got a set up that looked ok.
Applied the trusty Proraso with my vintage brush, bristles still very easy on the skin and matched well with the creamy soap.
I drew a deep breath and started the shave. No major surprises or blood as the blade setting turned out to be quite mild. Trouble is the Durham is just very unwieldy, the head is too wide to get easily around curves, especially jaw and chin. The geometry of the razor design means that you can only sensibly use one edge of the razor.
Bottom line, I can understand why this model never challenged the likes of Gillette and Schick. So it’s now in my “museum of interesting shaving thingys”
I have a feeling that the Durham might not get the job done so had the LEAF on standby. Used a Personna platinum half blade. The Leaf is mild and easy to use but needed 2 more passes and pick ups to get an ok finish. Probably the blade which to be fair was of unknown usage.
On with Bay Rum splash and now looking forward to a sunny afternoon of golf with Mrs Ekeko.

Have an enjoyable Sunday fellas!

C881B7CD-0B96-43A5-8B46-D5B203CCFAAF.jpeg

PXL_20230402_103753673~2.jpg
PXL_20230402_105010256~2.jpg
SOTD April 2nd 2023

Razor - Tatara Muramasa -2
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - M R Shaving Supplies Sweden - Lime
Brush - Alpha Bulldog Badger silvertip
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Taylor of Old Bond Street - Victorian lime

Artisanal April.

Another smooth shave today, I set the razor to 2 and used a Feather blade and at that setting with my choice of blade the razor was still very good and it left me with super smooth skin and the shave was so smooth and mild, I'm loving the fact I can get a lovely shave even on setting 2, I will try on setting 1 tomorrow.
The lime soap came to me in a PIF, M R Shaving Supplies of Sweden and very good it was too!
Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Victorian lime to finish off.
A really enjoyable shave :cool:

Have a great day chaps, see you tomorrow!

Paul.PXL_20230402_102914361.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 1st April

Soap • Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Schick Proline P (4)
Post • Brut Original Aftershave

The Proline is definitely a step up in performance from a Protouch MG imo. I felt every stroke.
I certainly wasn't rushing, and it paid off - not even a tiny weeper! I'm feeling really quite pleased with that effort.

#Japanese-girly @Satanfriendly

C2FBDDC7-0DA0-4FD4-B469-D778CBAC1DEE.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood Herbal
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT

First shave with the TOBS Sandalwood hard soap and it was absolutely wonderful, up there with the best hard soaps in my opinion. Great scent and performance, very nice indeed.

Saturday 1st April

Razor • Feather ACSR-NB

The Proline is definitely a step up in performance from a Protouch MG imo. I felt every stroke.
I certainly wasn't rushing, and it paid off - not even a tiny weeper! I'm feeling really quite pleased with that effort.

I went over that video several times and nowhere is there any Japanese lady playing for the Animals. May be a link to the song 'Land of the rising sun' in there somewhere.....

But I did like the Non singing, non instrument playing Japanese girly just above the video.

Last edited:
Saturday 1st April

Razor • Feather ACSR-NB

Fantastic image P. :) - I.

Back
Top Bottom