SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

SOTD 20230416.
5PfDaIW.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
Noxzema "Cocoa Butter" shaving cream.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
Racer Super Stainless (4).
Noxzema "Classic" ASB.

12643193-6853-4A2E-9FDD-A35D28E2CC69.jpeg
SOTD: 15/04/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 4th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Le Mafioso Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

I was in a massive rush yesterday and there seemed only one razor for the job! It zipped round the face with accuracy and ease, it’s been a pleasure to use and it’s going to be a sad day when I return it to @Mike Smart especially as they don’t seem likely to be in stock again until the end of the year, (I emailed them last week). I love the HC&C soap and this is an all time classic scent. I’m definitely going to order more in coming months.
All the best guys.

16/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - ATT Windsor CR1
Blade - Brazillian Wilkinson Sword
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 16 (2).JPG
A very nice bit of sink time this fine Sunday morning after a very enjoyable gym session.
This Wilky blade still feeling very smooth in the Copper ATT.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Sunday 16 April
Astra platinum special
Razorine DE
TFS Vecchio Torino
Superdrug bristle

Getting used to the Razorine has been easier than I thought it might. Not used Astra before but it was recommended by one reviewer as ideal for the Razorine. Well I wouldn’t disagree but I did use a Personna last time and it was also very good. The brush produced a very foamy lather in the bowl but applied to the face it became soft and creamy with a very light scent, Mrs E did comment that it smelt like vanilla. Mind you I did have some vanilla ice cream last night after dinner :ROFLMAO:
2 passes and pick ups produced a close and smooth shave although I did get a bit carried away around my chin and that left a bit of local irritation and a quick wipe with the alum block.
If you are wondering, the car is Avon cosmetics take on a vintage Bugatti. I got it for a fiver on the bay. It originally contained their Nexus after shave but the years hadn’t improved its very sharp smell so I drained it and decanted some Razo Rock xXx after shave into it. Between 1965 and 1980 Avon had a range of glass containers in various shapes and sizes to hold their cosmetics including after shave. No I’m not going to start collecting them! The Elvis version is quite cute though :)

Have an excellent day fellas!

C7215079-EB06-4926-86E9-12E9FC857ED6.jpeg

SOTD 16-Apr
20230414_171424.jpg
Brush: Highlander M7 Style
Soap: A&E Emerald Moss
Razor: Friodur 17

Cracking finish today, nice smooth and drama free shave.

The Emerald Moss was a risky one, based on Sir Irisch Moos, just in general the scent description tells me it isn't my norm but thought I'd branch out. This wasn't helped with the smell off the puck, it just didn't grab me and I almost popped it aside to potentially to go to BST. However thought sod it, I'll give it a bash. Glad I did, as soon as I started to load and lather it improves immeasurably. It was actually very very pleasant, and as a bonus the Mrs actually commented saying that she liked it.

So a game of two halves, ultimately ending a victory, so happy days. I'm on a roll with these acquisitions, we'll see how the Black fairs when I get around to that one.

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Prep; face washed in warm water in washand basin.
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush; Omega Boar
Blade: Osborne and Garret straight razor then finished with Rockwell 6S R4
AS: Speick
Truly bbs finish this morning. The straight really cut through 2 days stubble easily and am getting used to the cut throat razor way of shaving. Finished off with the Rockwell 6s as didn't want to try too hard with the straight. Stropped the razor aftrwards. Superb.

Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale’
Shavemac TSR 2015 19/30
Mongoose B2 Hempel titanium barberpole
Kai Titan mild #10
Institute Karinite ASB

Lovely shave after getting up after a night shift and a leisurely shower. The soap contains tallow and donkeys milk which feels good on the skin, the brush is 19/30 from the forum’s order from Shavemac and is a chubby design the badger knot being very good. Just made myself a pour over coffee waiting for a coddler filled with grated cheese, bacon lardons and a single large egg to cook though in a saucepan of boiling water, just buttered my soldiers!

Back
Top Bottom